View Full Version : Kuryakyn riser position question

Injun Joe
09-08-2014, 11:27 PM
This kit has 3 options.
1. Move bars 1 1/4" back, Up 3/4" and in toward center of bike 1"
2. Move bars Down 1/4"
3. Move bars Up 3/4"

So options #2 & 3 only raise or lower?

Ultimately, I think Helibars are my answer but at such a lower cost, I think I've got to try risers first. The thing about option one that I think eliminates it for me is the 1" toward center. If anything, I want the bars wider apart -- not closer together. Should I go with the MLB instead? Are there other options? Thanks!

Jimmytee
09-09-2014, 08:13 AM
This kit has 3 options.
2. Move bars Down 1/4"
3. Move bars Up 3/4"

Ultimately, I think Helibars are my answer but at such a lower cost, I think I've got to try risers first. The thing about option one that I think eliminates it for me is the 1" toward center. If anything, I want the bars wider apart -- not closer together. Should I go with the MLB instead? Are there other options? Thanks!

I got the Kury risers too. I had the same thoughts about the Helibars. I also had the same thoughts about the 1" narrower positioning. Having a Valkyrie, I like the wide
handlebar feeling. It may be just me, but I don't really perceive the bars being narrower enough to really notice. As far as the MLB no experience there.

Expecting a Corbin seat here by tomorrow, so will know if the Kury's are still going to be all I need after that.

jkelley
09-09-2014, 08:44 AM
This kit has 3 options.
2. Move bars Down 1/4"
3. Move bars Up 3/4"

Rocky's risers on mine and work ok. They are adjustable wider and I was looking for that as well.

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Rocky's are superior as far as variety of placement.... the width of the bars is a nonissue for me...but I had to get them raised????? Seems like your hands were at you knees!!!

Injun Joe
09-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Rocky's are superior as far as variety of placement.... the width of the bars is a nonissue for me...but I had to get them raised????? Seems like your hands were at you knees!!!

Where do you get the Rocky's risers? I'm not finding them.

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Comfort Risers.
Hi Guy n Gals. I was told I need to post the info on my Comfort Risers.

These risers not only lift the bars Up & Back. But are the only risers made that allow you to move the bars In & Out as well.

Not everyone has the same shoulder width. these allow you to actually adjust the bars so your shoulders and wrists are more comfortable.

The Comfort Riser kit is $100 shipped in the US. (I do Paypal)
No modifications to the bike is needed.(although minor trimming might be needed to the black handlebar cover on the F6B to fit under the cluster bracket.The modification won't be seen after the dash cover is re-installed.)
They fit all year Goldwings and F6B's.

Here is what comes in the kit.

Pm me if interested?.

I do Paypal.

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 10:32 AM
http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2284&d=1379367652

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2283&d=1379367648

Here are the Pic's.......VERY NICE UNIT!!!!!!

P.S. All I did was a search in Accessories , " Rocky's Risers " went to an old thread and started looking!!! FYI

Injun Joe
09-09-2014, 10:54 AM
http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2284&d=1379367652

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2283&d=1379367648

Here are the Pic's.......VERY NICE UNIT!!!!!!

P.S. All I did was a search in Accessories , " Rocky's Risers " went to an old thread and started looking!!! FYI

Duh! Thanks. I went straight to Google. So... these are unavailable, huh? Or does someone have an email for Rocky they can pm me?

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 10:59 AM
You PM him....see how long it takes him to answer...

Scotrod
09-09-2014, 12:49 PM
This kit has 3 options.
1. Move bars 1 1/4" back, Up 3/4" and in toward center of bike 1" (Install the provided Kury risers)
2. Move bars Down 1/4" (Remove risers and install the Kury provided shims with wide surface forward)
3. Move bars Up 3/4" (reverse orientation of the Shims)

MLB has risers only, 2 different sets you can order separately.

"Standards" are up/back/in. "Wides" are up/back only, retaining OEM width.

I started w/wides and ended up liking the standards better.