PDA

View Full Version : Heat for Seat?

fxdl2051
09-09-2014, 02:18 PM
I never used heated handgrips in 30 years of riding, now I'm liking them on the f6, so got me thinking about redoing the stock seat with a heated seat element. Don't want a different seat, just want to modify what I've got. Anyone tried this, have any how to advice or able to recommend a good brand of heating element? I already wear heated gear in the winter, but this would allow me to travel lighter over greater elevations much easier. I live at 500 ft but can go to 5000 ft in about 15 minutes of riding, hence the question. Thanks all.

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
First time this question was ever asked......not sure it is possible unless,$$$$$$$$ aftermarket-Corbin

BIGLRY
09-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I never used heated handgrips in 30 years of riding, now I'm liking them on the f6, so got me thinking about redoing the stock seat with a heated seat element. Don't want a different seat, just want to modify what I've got. Anyone tried this, have any how to advice or able to recommend a good brand of heating element? I already wear heated gear in the winter, but this would allow me to travel lighter over greater elevations much easier. I live at 500 ft but can go to 5000 ft in about 15 minutes of riding, hence the question. Thanks all.Well one brand of MC seat heater that I have some experience with is the 'Heat Demon' by Symtec ww.heatdemon.com/catalog/Motorcycle/Heated-Motorcycle-Seats I can tell you it is an easy install and will fit most any OEM seat, I see they even list it for the F6B. The 'Heat Demon" is priced right, at about $60.:icon_biggrin:

Here are a few more on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=motorcycle%20seat%20heater&sprefix=motorcycle+seat+heater%2Caps%2C338
or you can look at the Sargent system by Sargent Cycle Products for another self install type, I know nothing about this system and it is not cheap. http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/DIY-Heat-Kit/

or maybe you want a "Heat Your Seat" brand https://www.heatyourseat.com/Motorcycle-Seat-Heaters.aspx

There are plenty of them on the market, just do your research and I'm sure you will find one that keeps your a$$ on 'firefire'

Steve 0080
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks Larry!!!!!

foodog2
09-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Mean city cycles will do it. They are doing my seat in a few weeks

fxdl2051
09-10-2014, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=BIGLRY;46369]Well one brand of MC seat heater that I have some experience with is the 'Heat Demon' by Symtec ww.heatdemon.com/catalog/Motorcycle/Heated-Motorcycle-Seats I can tell you it is an easy install and will fit most any OEM seat, I see they even list it for the F6B. The 'Heat Demon" is priced right, at about $60.:icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the info, will be checking into it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

F6BLK
09-11-2014, 12:31 PM
yeah do a post on it for sure! 50 degrees here today!will need it sooner than you think.

fxdl2051
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=BIGLRY;46369]Well one brand of MC seat heater that I have some experience with is the 'Heat Demon' by Symtec ww.heatdemon.com/catalog/Motorcycle/Heated-Motorcycle-Seats I can tell you it is an easy install and will fit most any OEM seat, I see they even list it for the F6B. The 'Heat Demon" is priced right, at about $60.:icon_biggrin:

Just ordered the Heat Demons seat warmer, let you know how it works out, thanks for the info.

Spanky
10-11-2014, 09:53 AM
+1 on mean city cycles. Adding utopia backrest and heated seat, as we speak. They did a fantastic job on clutch's seat. http://www.meancitycycles.com

Fla_rider
12-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Need a update on this? How did the Heat Demon do? Pics, please.

Spanky
12-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Mean city cycles did a great job. I have ridden in 42 degree nights on low and it was great. A whole lot cheaper than Corbin. Stock seat with insert. I'll try to post pics.

Spanky
12-29-2014, 09:02 PM

fxdl2051
12-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Need a update on this? How did the Heat Demon do? Pics, please.
Will let you know once its off the "To Do" list and on the "Too Done" list.

Fla_rider
12-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Spanky do you ever accidentally turn it on? :yikes:

Was just thinking out of the box, what if Mean Cycles was invited to the 3rd Annual F6B Rally and installed bike heaters? Granted heaters aren't need that time of the year! :icon_cool:

Hmmm..what if we invite other vendors as well? What if Rick had a tent? Got to get this idea over to the rally planning committee. :clap2:

ths61
05-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Will let you know once its off the "To Do" list and on the "Too Done" list.

Has your heated seat TODO list been completed ? If so, can you please post your impressions ?

TIA

Spanky
05-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Spanky do you ever accidentally turn it on? :yikes:

Was just thinking out of the box, what if Mean Cycles was invited to the 3rd Annual F6B Rally and installed bike heaters? Granted heaters aren't need that time of the year! :icon_cool:

Hmmm..what if we invite other vendors as well? What if Rick had a tent? Got to get this idea over to the rally planning committee. :clap2:

I have turned it on but you feel it. no difference than accidently turning on the seats in the SRT....

fxdl2051
05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Has your heated seat TODO list been completed ? If so, can you please post your impressions ?

TIA Not yet, first I've got to get the fogs installed and maybe the HIDs and then the rest if the house work doesn't torpedo everything. But I will let you know, I'll probably put an IR thermometer on it to see how warm it gets.

ths61
10-06-2015, 11:25 PM
It's getting that time of the year again. Anyone installed the Heat Demon heated seat kit yet?

Called Heat Demon and they are out of stock for about a month.

Ordered some larger heated seat pads that should come in this week for testing. Will test them with a Gerbing dual controller which should give more control than a 2 or 3 position switch.

BEIST
01-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Figured I would give this thread a bump and see if anybody had any luck with warming up their seats. I was also wondering if anybody knew a place that offered a basic heating pad that you just plugged in and then plopped on top of the seat for a quick jaunt? Every bike rally I go to I see these gel pad covers but nothing that plugs in for heat? I've got my original seat tucked away in my Mustang box but I just can't seem to justify paying to get it completely modified and then also having to go through all the effort of swapping it out with the other seat. What I really need is something that I can simply hook up and throw under my butt a couple of times a year.

willtill
01-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Figured I would give this thread a bump and see if anybody had any luck with warming up their seats. I was also wondering if anybody knew a place that offered a basic heating pad that you just plugged in and then plopped on top of the seat for a quick jaunt? Every bike rally I go to I see these gel pad covers but nothing that plugs in for heat? I've got my original seat tucked away in my Mustang box but I just can't seem to justify paying to get it completely modified and then also having to go through all the effort of swapping it out with the other seat. What I really need is something that I can simply hook up and throw under my butt a couple of times a year.

Use a sheepskin pad. That will help keep the warmth.