PDA

View Full Version : garmin gps

neurion
09-10-2014, 07:52 PM
http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/25393-57026/Nuvi3590LMT.html

found the Nuvi 3590 for $149 plus bought the case and handle bar mount $34 and two year warranty
going to give this a try since I can use it in my car too. New to the gps thing but seems lots of places I want to take the F6b don't have good cell signal for maps

Fla_rider
09-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Looks good, does the case waterproof it? Can you operate it in the case? Let's see a pic on the bike with the case?

neurion
09-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Looks good, does the case waterproof it? Can you operate it in the case? Let's see a pic on the bike with the case?

just ordered it tonight will post when its installed

yes the case is waterproof but the mount is designed to fit around a round grip or bar will take a bit of thinking to figure out the mount or buy a ram mount

Fla_rider
09-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Most suction cup mounts come with a disk. I stuck my disk on the shelf in front of the tach. I have sun issues but I think I know what to get to solve that.

neurion
09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Most suction cup mounts come with a disk. I stuck my disk on the shelf in front of the tach. I have sun issues but I think I know what to get to solve that.

going to probably add these -- just e mailed them to double check fit before I order them-- Ill update when I know for sure

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=8

mtcgun
09-10-2014, 09:49 PM
just ordered it tonight will post when its installed

yes the case is waterproof but the mount is designed to fit around a round grip or bar will take a bit of thinking to figure out the mount or buy a ram mount

That handlebar clip slides off leaving a pretty flat plastic surface. I just drilled thru it and bolted the Ram mount to it.

srt8-in-largo
09-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Not bad!

I have a Garmin Oregon... it's a handheld gps meant for hikers and it OEM weather proof. It does run City Navigator software so you can use it on roads as well as on the water and off road.

neurion
09-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Thanks besides price I picked this one because of it's split screen option (road map- street view) and lifetime updates on maps and traffic