PDA

View Full Version : gap insure your F6B

ED209
09-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Dangit, I was saving to buy a lot in north Georgia, now its gone. :banghead:

My wife just totaled our 2013 CRV Honda and the gap between insurance and actual payoff cost me my savings of $7000 :icon_doh: . Bye bye money that's all I had. :icon_frown: Now I cant even afford the driver backrest I needed. whaaaaa :icon_frown:

Gap your bike insurance if you can. I am.... lesson learned :icon_doh:

Injun Joe
09-11-2014, 10:00 AM

My wife just totaled our 2013 CRV Honda and the gap between insurance and actual payoff cost me my savings of $7000 :icon_doh: . Bye bye money that's all I had. :icon_frown: Now I cant even afford the driver backrest I needed. whaaaaa :icon_frown:

I'm sorry for your troubles, but now very glad I popped for the GAP insurance. Now let's hope that extended warranty pays off.

Fla_rider
09-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Extended Warranty will payoff if you opt for tire coverage!

Hardrock
09-11-2014, 10:13 AM
did you negotiate the insurance payout? Sounds like you got hosed.

motoman
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM

A lot of what??

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

F6BPDX
09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
did you negotiate the insurance payout? Sounds like you got hosed.

Certainly possible, but more likely is that they financed 100% at the time of purchase, possibly more than that by the time any add ons were factored into the loan, or negative equity from a prior vehicle, etc. I am not saying that is a bad thing (I have financed 100% every time I have bought a vehicle), but it does mean you are upside down right away. An insurance company only pays market value, not what you owe on a loan.

GAP insurance is a great idea, sorry you had to find out the hard way. :icon_frown:

shooter
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM

If your bike wasn't so red I could feel sorry for you. When you buy slow azz red you have to face the consequences. Seriously brother that's good advice about the insurance and sorry for your problems.

Steve 0080
09-11-2014, 04:46 PM
^^^^ +1

ED209
09-11-2014, 06:41 PM
A lot of what??

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

a lot of beer :icon_mrgreen:

ED209
09-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Yes most of you are correct. It is a direct result of buying with no money down and accepting a "payment" to fit my needs rather than looking at the cost over time. my mistake :icon_doh:

I still want to do this Dragon road in NC soon. Looks like I will just have to stay at motels. :tissue:

BubbaJePH
09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
I hope your wife is OK from the wreck. Cars can always be replaced. Yes with a loss but losing a loved one to a wreck.....