PDA

View Full Version : F6B Rally for those west of the Mississippi?

Razco53
09-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Anyone interested since the Smokies may be such a long way for a weekend trip?
I am just shooting this out there for opinions,ideas and such. I am not dishing on the rally in NC. Just thinking it might be an option since I read that the numbers will be limited to 80.

Phantom
09-14-2014, 09:59 AM
I am just shooting this out there for opinions,ideas and such. I am not dishing on the rally in NC. Just thinking it might be an option since I read that the numbers will be limited to 80.

Re-read the post .. DID NOT SAY that we WILL (your word)

I posted the following ....

" I would like to CAP the number of attendees to just 80 total. "

I'm ONE person, I enjoy doing these events but there is a fine line where it is fun and borderline work, I attend to have fun. We ALL had a great time these past 2 Rallies and I want to make sure that it continues to be a great experience for ALL that attend. Since that post several have volunteered to help, I will be creating a Rally committee that will make it easier to accommodate a larger group.

http://hondaf6b.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?p=46883#post46883)
Around 70..... I do believe Phantom is pulling on you leg about a set number...I am sure he just wants folks to sign up early so we can get more rooms at the hotel....and it gives us a better idea how to set up rides and eats.... There are 62 rooms at this hotel so it is limited as far as staying in one place...not sure there is a bigger hotel as well, although there are several with in 2-3 miles.... the Saturday night dinner is a biggy because we have that catered and we do not want to run out of food. There is an unbelievable amount of planning that goes into these events!!!!!!

Steve is correct, just trying to plan so that there are NO short falls. If we have a bigger turn out in 2015, Friday and Saturday may have multiple rides instead of one single ride each day like we did this year.

2015 F6B Rally will be HUGE, it is evident from the comments. we are 50 weeks away, plenty of time to plan appropriately and for ALL of our members to REQUEST vacation time for this great event.

:cheers:

Steve 0080
09-14-2014, 10:15 AM

I here Tony is going into the Motorcycle Rally business...not sure on the fees ...maybe he can do two per year!!!!! :stirthepot:

Phantom
09-14-2014, 10:17 AM
I here Tony is going into the Motorcycle Rally business...not sure on the fees ...maybe he can do two per year!!!!! :stirthepot:

:what:

:nono:

:spank:

Next gathering ... Daytona :icon_mrgreen:

:crackup:

Injun Joe
09-14-2014, 10:57 AM
In general, I like the concept and would do both if I could but therein lies the rub: I'd like the as close to six months apart so I could do both if time and money allowed. That though is nigh on impossible because of riding seasons. For instance, we had our first snow Friday already. It didn't stick, but still. Has a traveling or alternating location been entertained? I think traveling would be awesome so we could ride all the great North American roads.

Understand, I'm very much hoping to do next years just where it is!

F6BPDX
09-14-2014, 11:00 AM
:what:

:nono:

:spank:

Next gathering ... Daytona :icon_mrgreen:

:crackup:

Sounds good Phantom, but you misspelled the location. See ya there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Oregon

Steve 0080
09-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Sounds good Phantom, but you misspelled the location. See ya there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Oregon

OH NO!!!!! Way to cold out there!!!!!!

Big Jay
09-14-2014, 03:50 PM
OH NO!!!!! Way to cold out there!!!!!!

Sunny and 88 degrees Here in the north west corner of Or. Hasn't rained in a couple of weeks.:th_sunbathe:

XKnight
09-14-2014, 05:12 PM

Sound like a fine idea to me. I'd be up for a rally west of the Mississippi.

Spanky
09-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Anyplace but Texas... Too damn big, that state is.

Now for the 15 rally, I stay at the Hampton. Not because y'all ain't a fine group of folks, but its free.30000 points and I can stay free at any Hilton property.

kjelders
09-14-2014, 07:53 PM
There is a PNW-F6B (Pacific Northwest Rally/Gathering). The first one was in July of this year, PNW-F6B-14. Next Year's event will take place again the 3rd weekend in July. We are looking at Northern California for the event in 2015. We are also added another day to the rally.

Steve 0080
09-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Sunny and 88 degrees Here in the north west corner of Or. Hasn't rained in a couple of weeks.:th_sunbathe:

I'll be at the beach Christmas week.....on the beach....working on my tan.....let me know how deep the snow is out your way!!!!! :stirthepot:

Exbmwrider
09-14-2014, 11:35 PM
There is a PNW-F6B (Pacific Northwest Rally/Gathering). The first one was in July of this year, PNW-F6B-14. Next Year's event will take place again the 3rd weekend in July. We are looking at Northern California for the event in 2015. We are also added another day to the rally.

And having attended both rallys this year, I can tell you that both were outstanding events! KJ and Phantom really did both events top notch Looking forward to both events in 2015. I would strongly encourage attendance to meet some really great people.

F6BPDX
09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
I'll be at the beach Christmas week.....on the beach....working on my tan.....let me know how deep the snow is out your way!!!!! :stirthepot:

Snow is pretty unlikely, but beach weather is also pretty unlikely.

F6BPDX
09-15-2014, 12:40 PM

As soon as this gets set in stone I will book my room. Had a great time in enterprise.

Steve 0080
09-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Snow is pretty unlikely, but beach weather is also pretty unlikely.

I'll post a pic!!!!

Fla_rider
09-15-2014, 05:05 PM

:yikes::crackup::headbang:'partysmile'

F6BPDX
09-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I'll post a pic!!!!

I meant in Mine and BigJay's neck of the woods. I believe you will be able to sun your buns. :moon:

Bruce B
09-15-2014, 06:15 PM

++1 on Northern California

bobbyf6b
09-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I might be able to make it to NorCal. Not too far north. :icon_biggrin:

Bruce B
09-15-2014, 07:00 PM

++1 on Northern California

bobbyf6b
09-15-2014, 07:05 PM
A ride through Sequoia or Yosemite would be nice. Or maybe the Avenue of the Giants. I've been to Sequoia once (cage) but not the other two.

Philbert40
01-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Just thought it was time to stir up this idea again. West Coast F6B Rally in july, in Nor. Cal. Tahoe would be really fantastic. :stirthepot:

VP8
01-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Hell Yeah!!! A NW Rally would be awesome!!!! :clap2:

Avenue of the Giants would be great!! Or we can do a Yosemite/Mammoth trip. 'gw-smiley'

kjelders
02-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Do to recent layoffs, our custom programming department is down to 3 people. And, the female in our group is pregnant and planning to take 4 months off starting in June. So, this means no time off for the summer riding season other than my weekends.

I have had conversations with Bruce regarding having the 2015 PNW gathering in Placerville, CA. Phil has mentioned having the gathering as part of the Reno Rendezvous, June 18-20, 2015. I'm looking for someone to take the lead on the PNW gathering and keep it going. I can assist in the coordinating effort for the event as well.

Give me your thoughts on this.

KJ

sdcatman
02-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Colorado would be great