PDA

View Full Version : jkelly and my cruise control

shortleg0521
09-19-2014, 09:25 PM
The is a public shootout to Mr Jkelly
I drove or road 538 miles with my mc cruise in in a box
and five hours or so we had a cruise control working on my bike.
I cannot say Thank you enough for work and effort that he and his
Partner showed by doing this work for someone they had never met.
So everyone should know what kind of people are out there for us.
ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU !!!!!!
shortleg

srt8-in-largo
09-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Cool. Do you have any install pics?

jkelley
09-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Dave, Thanks for coming down, pleasure to meet you. We enjoyed working on the Mc cruise system. Have a safe trip home.

We really didn't take any pictures as I had originally intended because the install instructions that are with the system are so complete with a picture for each step I choose to just dig in and get it done. There were no surprises and as I had said in an earlier post the only difference I did regarding the instructions is not removing the gas tank. I choose to simply raise it enough to get to the back two air box hoses.

I can post the instructions with Phantoms approval and help should others wish to see them rather than going to the Mc cruise site.

The system is very complete and the electrical is plug and play. Much simpler than the Rostra I did on mine. Although the Rostra is much cheaper I would highly recommend the -------- system over the Rostra for simplicity and the instructions which I didn't have for mine. IF you take your time, and read thoroughly, have a basic understanding of how the bike comes apart, along with patients this can be done by most. Although it is major surgery on the bike. So if you get it half way there and decide you are in too deep you might just be screwed.

shortleg0521
09-20-2014, 04:34 PM
It is major surgery on the bike to get to what you need.
The electrical is not too bad if you have an understanding of sparks!
The removal of pins from connectors and installing the same
Could be rough for most of us.
But like Jim said before your bike will be bare bones before you start.
After the install I got a chance to do a538 mile test ride.
It worked just like your car cruise.
Set, resume, up and down speed. All are instant and exact.
Shortleg

srt8-in-largo
09-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Love it when things go smoothly like this; congrats guys.

I can post the instructions with Phantoms approval and help should others wish to see them rather than going to the Mc cruise site.

Heck yeah, please post the instructions. That would be a big help to people who are considering going this route.