PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using beadrider ?

wantone
09-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I wud like to order beadrider. But was wondering what size to order. They have sizing for Goldwing but I cud not find one for F6B. For the goldwing they recommend 14″ x 14″. I wonder if that will fit perfectly on Mustang seat I have.

Thanks

motoman
09-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Nope.

But I can highly recommend this unit.

A little more evolved than that ancient camel pad:

http://www.saddlemen.com/saddlegel%E2%84%A2-comfort-pad-tech-memory-foam-seat-pad-large-universal

Check out the other variations also. :yes:

Steve 0080
09-20-2014, 11:10 PM
I have had a gel pad installed in all my seats for many bikes...http://www.airhawk.net is another great product!!!

d-shark
09-21-2014, 08:15 AM
I wud like to order beadrider. But was wondering what size to order. They have sizing for Goldwing but I cud not find one for F6B. For the goldwing they recommend 14″ x 14″. I wonder if that will fit perfectly on Mustang seat I have.

Thanks

I have used AirHawk (air pad), a couple different Gel Pads and a friends Sheep Skin cover. Finally tried BeadRider about 5 years ago and Hands Down the best for me in warm weather. Have used BeadRider now for about 5-years, probably done at least twelve 3,000 mile trips during that time-frame. Since I started using BeadRider I see many more bikers using them at my Hotel in Sturgis. Benefits include:

Keeps your Rear End cool & dry with air circulation in Hot Weather.
Prevents your Rear End from sticking to the seat as you sweat.
Beads make it very easy to slightly shift your seating position to relieve pressure points.
I think the Beads help improve blood circulation further helping to reduce pressure points.
Beads are cool when you sit on them after bike has been in the sun.
You don't sit in a puddle of water when riding in the rain.
If your seat is damp from previous days rain your Rear End will be dry.

I have the stock F6B seat and unfortunately just removed my Beads or would supply a photo. For the Front Seat I purchased the ceramic 15" X 15" and it fits really nice on the Stock Seat. On mine two or three rows of the beads lay on the upward sloping back support for added ventilation. For seats with a more vertical back support then the 14" X 14" would most likely be better.

For the Rear Seat I actually purchased the 11" X 11" Front Bead Set and installed that backwards. The Stock rear seating position is kind of triangular facing towards the rear of the bike and this made a nice fit & look.

The wood beads work just as well as the ceramic but will fade in color with age. The ceramic beads still look like new after a full riding season.

wantone
09-21-2014, 09:51 AM
I have used AirHawk (air pad), a couple different Gel Pads and a friends Sheep Skin cover. Finally tried BeadRider about 5 years ago and Hands Down the best for me in warm weather. Have used BeadRider now for about 5-years, probably done at least twelve 3,000 mile trips during that time-frame. Since I started using BeadRider I see many more bikers using them at my Hotel in Sturgis. Benefits include:

Keeps your Rear End cool & dry with air circulation in Hot Weather.
Prevents your Rear End from sticking to the seat as you sweat.
Beads make it very easy to slightly shift your seating position to relieve pressure points.
I think the Beads help improve blood circulation further helping to reduce pressure points.
Beads are cool when you sit on them after bike has been in the sun.
You don't sit in a puddle of water when riding in the rain.
If your seat is damp from previous days rain your Rear End will be dry.

I have the stock F6B seat and unfortunately just removed my Beads or would supply a photo. For the Front Seat I purchased the ceramic 15" X 15" and it fits really nice on the Stock Seat. On mine two or three rows of the beads lay on the upward sloping back support for added ventilation. For seats with a more vertical back support then the 14" X 14" would most likely be better.

For the Rear Seat I actually purchased the 11" X 11" Front Bead Set and installed that backwards. The Stock rear seating position is kind of triangular facing towards the rear of the bike and this made a nice fit & look.

The wood beads work just as well as the ceramic but will fade in color with age. The ceramic beads still look like new after a full riding season.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll go with bead rider 14" X 14".

zeus661
06-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I know it has been a while for this thread but I am wondering if anyone would like to give an update on the Beadriders? I am looking at putting them on my stock seat.

shooter
06-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Haven't tried the beadrider. Do not use gel. It gets do hot in the summer it will inflict burns if left in the sun and then sat on. The airhawk is prob the best.

xgringo
06-26-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm very susceptible to monkey butt. I mean I can't get out of town without my beadriders. I have the largest size on my f6b.

First some things you may not like.
1. You can easily slide back and forth.
2. You may find them hard on your butt.
3. They add slightly to seat height about 1/4 inch.
4. The cat gut can break and in seven years this is my second beadrider seat cover.
5. I'm six feet and on a good day weigh 155 lbs. A heavier body on the hard beads
may not be as comfortable.

What I like.
1. I can easily slide around on my seat as I'm kind of antsy.
2. Sliding around on the seat actually messages my butt aiding circulation.
3. They raise my butt about 1/4 inch so I don't sit in a puddle and never had to wipe
rain off the seat.
4. I never get monkey butt as long as what I wear is breathable which for the last
couple of years are Klim gortex pants. Jeans work even better.
5. The seat on the f6b is long and there is on my bike eight inches from the front of
the seat by the tank to the start of the beads. So that gives me the choice of
sitting on the beads or sitting on the beadless front of the seat.

My advice is get the largest and also get a couple of the Rok type straps they sell as on the f6b You need three tie down points per side.

Wing'n it
06-26-2016, 10:25 PM
I actually just got one (two of them but that's another story) I have not got much time on it yet but it does seem cooler for your butt. You do slide around a bit easy but you get the feel of it pretty quick then it's a non-issue. I got the 14x14 size and it work great on my Corbin seat, also comes with two stretchy cords but I only used one on the front corners and it never moved on me. I need many more miles on it to give more input.

yardart
06-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Get the Beads, You don't set in water when it rains, Used on numerous 4 and 5K cross country trips in the heat and rain.
There is one on classifieds for $55

stevenolts
06-27-2016, 06:46 AM
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/circulator-large-seat-pad

I recommend the Harley Davidson Circulator seat pad. It flows a ton of air but not as much on the F6B because of the windshield. You can really tell the difference and yes it will get you up off a wet seat. I keep it in my tour pack if I think it is going to rain and then and then pull it out and put it over my wet seat. In the beating sun at work all day it offers protection from a hot seat when you first get on and from the sun on your seat all day.
Steve

stroguy
06-27-2016, 06:49 AM
I have a set for sale. I went with the Ultimate King and will not be installing the beads. They do keep your butt cool in the summer with air flow.

Broken Hand
06-29-2016, 08:52 AM
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/circulator-large-seat-pad

I recommend the Harley Davidson Circulator seat pad. It flows a ton of air but not as much on the F6B because of the windshield. You can really tell the difference and yes it will get you up off a wet seat. I keep it in my tour pack if I think it is going to rain and then and then pull it out and put it over my wet seat. In the beating sun at work all day it offers protection from a hot seat when you first get on and from the sun on your seat all day.
Steve

I bought a car seat cushion from Costco that looks like it is made from that exact mesh material for $17 vs Harley's $90 pricetag...for a little bit different shape? The markup on motorcycle stuff is mind boggling. The seat and lumbar support are detachable. I bought it for the lumbar portion. Fit perfectly around a top case for added back support on another bike.

choptop
06-29-2016, 07:34 PM
I have a bead rider, 14 x 14 sounds about right, use it when hot, works well, just don't like all the dimples on my ass when I get nekid after a long sweaty ride, sorry no pics.:yikes:

unsub
06-30-2016, 06:53 AM
I bought a car seat cushion from Costco that looks like it is made from that exact mesh material for $17 vs Harley's $90 pricetag...for a little bit different shape? The markup on motorcycle stuff is mind boggling. The seat and lumbar support are detachable. I bought it for the lumbar portion. Fit perfectly around a top case for added back support on another bike.

Broken Hand with respect I think that's comparing apples to oranges.

Would I rather buy something through Costco than the Harley store? Certainly, But he HD product is designed for a motorcycle not a car. Unless the Costco product fits on a bike the same way that would not be on my short list.

On the other hand.. you could return it after 5 years, no questions asked!:icon_wink:

Broken Hand
06-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Broken Hand with respect I think that's comparing apples to oranges.

Would I rather buy something through Costco than the Harley store? Certainly, But he HD product is designed for a motorcycle not a car. Unless the Costco product fits on a bike the same way that would not be on my short list.

On the other hand.. you could return it after 5 years, no questions asked!:icon_wink:

Can I copy and paste this to the Darkside forum? :catfight: LoL

stroguy
06-30-2016, 11:06 AM
You sir win the Internet for the day! LOL