PDA

View Full Version : Aerostich Roadcrafter Two Piece Suit

Abiqua Creek
06-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Put on order yesterday, 10 weeks out.

Wingman
06-19-2013, 03:55 PM
LOOOOOVE my Roadcrafter! You won’t regret it...

Abiqua Creek
06-19-2013, 05:13 PM
LOOOOOVE my Roadcrafter! You won’t regret it...

A guy I work with has worn a two piece set for years and highly recommended them. Since I transitioned from a V-Twin I thought I would also go from leathers to textile. Everything I have read leads me to believe it should be a good upgrade.

gray rider
06-19-2013, 07:43 PM
I've had my 2 piece Roadcrafter suit for a long time. I crashed while wearing it and it did its job and I had no road rash, just some bruises. Aerostich repaired it and I still use it often.

I have an Aerostich Transit suit on order. I have the jacket but the pants have been on back order for 6 months which is bad since I paid for them up front. I live an easy ride from Duluth so I go right to the factory to purchase. In doing this they give you a ten percent discount off retail. These clothes are expensive so anything helps.

I have way to many of their products but this is a testimonial to their function and durability.

Yeahoo Whoyah
06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Put on order yesterday, 10 weeks out.

Roadcrafter one and two piece riding suits show up on eBay quite often. If you're willing to wait your size is bound to show up sooner or later. I suppose it's too late now, you sent them a check, right?

Abiqua Creek
06-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Roadcrafter one and two piece riding suits show up on eBay quite often. If you're willing to wait your size is bound to show up sooner or later. I suppose it's too late now, you sent them a check, right?

That is good to know, thanks. I don’t pay until it ships, it will be leathers until then.

Dmoon64
06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
This thread reminded me to check the born on date of my 2-pc Roadcrafter. 11/8/1993. Still wear it, but I mostly just wear the jacket during the summer months.

gray rider
06-20-2013, 10:17 AM
I was at the factory store in Duluth and tried on their samples for size. They had the jacket in stock, which I took with me, but the pants were out of stock and they won't sell the samples. I paid for the whole suit up front to get the 10% discount. The purchase was in December 2012 and no sign of the pants. I can see on their website that the pants are still out of stock. I'll be calling them soon to follow up.

Abiqua Creek
06-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I was at the factory store in Duluth and tried on their samples for size. They had the jacket in stock, which I took with me, but the pants were out of stock and they won't sell the samples. I paid for the whole suit up front to get the 10% discount. The purchase was in December 2012 and no sign of the pants. I can see on their website that the pants are still out of stock. I'll be calling them soon to follow up.

3500 mile round trip for me, would love to go straight to the factory and pick them up but for now I must depend upon mail service.

Abiqua Creek
08-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Rode into work this morning and it was flat pouring down rain, thunder and lightning to add to the ambiance. The Roadcrafter two piece was awesome, I arrived warm and dry and look forward to extending my riding season here in the Willamette Valley.

1951vbs
08-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Rode into work this morning and it was flat pouring down rain, thunder and lightning to add to the ambiance. The Roadcrafter two piece was awesome, I arrived warm and dry and look forward to extending my riding season here in the Willamette Valley.

They are very good in the rain and they breath too! I put a 200,000 miles on one Roadcrafter and sold it on Ebay for half what I paid new. I bought a Transit Suit (waterproof leather-really!) and another Roadcrafter and loved them both. I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed. The pants are OK although a little road-rashed. I would like to try one of the lighter weight Tactical Roadcrafters to see if they are any cooler than the legacy Roadcrafter. Mine is great until it gets over 90° then too hot, although I haven't experimented with putting ice in the pockets or soaking my t-shirt. You made a smart purchase.

Texas TC
08-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I am totally confused. I thought you had to ride a BMW to wear those suites.:icon_doh:

1951vbs
08-29-2013, 07:03 PM
I am totally confused. I thought you had to ride a BMW to wear those suites.:icon_doh:

I got the first one when I had a ST1300 but it lasted through 2 Beemers plus a few others.

unsub
09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed.

Hey all, check your insurance policies. Some underwriters will insure riding gear up to $2000.00 in the event of a collision.

1951vbs
09-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed.

Hey all, check your insurance policies. Some underwriters will insure riding gear up to $2000.00 in the event of a collision.

My Progressive policy covered up to $3000 worth of accessories and included gear. I got a new lid, gloves, boots and a Roadcrafter instead of the Transit. The Transit Suits are $1700 or so and even though Aerostich offers a "crash discount" I had a few other things to replace. Plus my Transit was broken in and fit great. New ones fit like a cardboard box.

gray rider
09-03-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm still waiting to receive my Transit pants that I ordered and paid for mid December last year. I've been afraid to wear the jacket just in case the pants never show up then I will try to return the jacket which is worthless to me without the pants.

I have lots of Aerostich clothing and have waited long periods for delivery before but never anything like this.

First they told me early Spring, then late Spring, then early Summer, then July. My last e-mail they suddenly told me that the delivery date always was November and always had been November! AAARRRGGG! Thanks for the opportunity to vent.