PDA

View Full Version : Hate that "Go Cruise" any members with throttlemeister experience ?

wantone
09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
I just put Go cruise and I really do not like it. My speed kept dropping every second. I really need something that will hold the throttle in place. Kaoko is not available. Any riders here with throttlemeister experience ?

Hopefully I'll be adding -------- next yr but till then I need something.

Thanks

hiflyer
09-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I just put Go cruise and I really do not like it. My speed kept dropping every second. I really need something that will hold the throttle in place. Kaoko is not available. Any riders here with throttlemeister experience ?

Hopefully I'll be adding -------- next yr but till then I need something.

Thanks

Short of electronic cruise, I am totally statisfied with my T/M.

F6B1911
09-24-2014, 02:58 PM
I had a ThrottleMeister for a few weeks, replaced it with a Kaoko and never looked back.
Nothing bad to say about the ThrottleMeister, the Kaoko just works better, though that is a subjective statement based upon my experience.
What's the wait on a Kaoko now? I waited almost 5 weeks for my order.
If you're not in a hurry, go with the Kaoko, you'll be happy.

wantone
09-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I had a ThrottleMeister for a few weeks, replaced it with a Kaoko and never looked back.
Nothing bad to say about the ThrottleMeister, the Kaoko just works better, though that is a subjective statement based upon my experience.
What's the wait on a Kaoko now? I waited almost 5 weeks for my order.
If you're not in a hurry, go with the Kaoko, you'll be happy.

Where did u order kaoko from ?

F6B1911
09-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Where did u order kaoko from ?

Revzilla is where I finally got mine.

a1scoot
09-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Installed the throttlemeister on the F6B and it works fine…Had one on my FJR for 90,000 miles with no problems.
Easy install ….
a1scoot.batman-smilie.

Steve 0080
09-24-2014, 04:56 PM
""Hate that "Go Cruise" any members with throttlemeister experience ?""

Did you tighten up the thumb wheel ??? Just a thought, I had the same issue until I tighten the thumb wheel a little more...

Scotrod
09-24-2014, 05:10 PM
If you have the model w/o the thumb wheel, you can run a small zip tie through a hole/down under the bottom/back up to gain extra clamping / holding force.

I had the GC. Great bang for the buck. Went with the Kaoko, been very happy with it ever since. (More precise adjustments, more 'integrated look' with the Kaoko)

Google "Kaoko HND-31" for places to buy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kaoko+HND-31&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl

(Whether or not the F6B is listed as an application on each individual website is immaterial. HND - 31 is the correct part number)

motozeke
09-24-2014, 05:12 PM
My F6 is my 3rd bike with Throttlemeisters. I'll put them on any bike that doesn't have cruise.

Exbmwrider
09-24-2014, 05:14 PM
I've got the Theottlemeister. It works fine for my needs...got me across the country to Franklin, though I find it keeps the speed most constant with a hand resting on it, rather than using it "hands off." Still, it does a good job of keeping your hand and wrist from getting cramps.

BIGLRY
09-24-2014, 05:15 PM
How true it is "one man's trash is another man's treasure".
I love my GoCruise, I'm using it with the small rubber band and two O-rings, one on each side to stop lateral movement(I got that tip from a forum member).:yes:
I'm running the GoCruise with the Kuryakyn ISO clam shell style grips over the OEM heated grips. I did have to fine tune the adjusting screw to get it to hold right where I put it and it does every time.
I do run a Throttlemeister on my VTX1800"C" and have for over 12 yrs, I love it, but I could not use it on the F6B due to the HelixBars and Kuryakyn ISO clam shell style grips I run on the F6B.

mtcgun
09-24-2014, 06:18 PM
just did 2700 miles with a Throttlemeister. Worked great across the boring flatlands of Colorado and Kansas.

Jimmytee
09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
I was thinking the Throttlemeister was the way I was going. After a couple of long days in the saddle,now I'm thinking I'm gonna end up ponying up the money for the Helibars. I'll be happy if I can get this F6B close to the comfort level of my Valkyrie.I love riding the F6B.
Now I'm thinking of the Kury Iso grips with the throttle boss. The Throttle Rocker throttle assist isn't doing it for me.I may get the Brake Away like I have on my Valk, or just save my money and get the --------. Anyways, the Helibars will need to come first.

SCMike
09-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I installed the Throttlemeister a couple of weeks ago on by F6B. I love it. It allowed me to get rid of the GoCruise and the crampbuster I had. I recommend it.

fxdl2051
09-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Spent the money and installed Throttlemeisters via dealer. I went with the heavy duty 20 oz models, the lighter ones are too stubby looking and harder to grip with the hand. Didn't really have much choice since the Breakaway's don't fit the heated grips (per mfg). The TMs work fine and look great, tho you do have to slide your hand to the end of the grip and rotate the lock to be effective, it's awkward but doable. I honestly think the wt of the bigger TMs increases vibration, no biggie and completely subjective. I didn't like the red stripe around the TM which is there to cover overspray on the painted portion. I removed and put thin strips of electrical tape in the grove and they look way better to my eye (I think that,s what they used in the 1st place). So if you have a standard I think the Breakaway makes a lot more sense, for the deluxe, this does the job.

Convert
09-25-2014, 04:56 AM
I'm on my second Throttle Meister. I took a little getting used to setting it. Once you have set it a couple of times it becomes second nature. Works great on those long flat stretches. It's easy to install and adjust to your
preference or bike. Not cheap but a good addition.

F6B-RICH
09-25-2014, 06:27 AM
:yes: Throttlemeister :yes: Works great no problems .batman-smilie.

SpeedyWho
09-25-2014, 08:23 AM
I have the aluminum Go Cruise with the adjustable wheel on it, I've had no problems at all and it was inexpensive. The plastic non adjustable Go Cruise I can understand people not liking, for the money I'll use my GC before dishing out big money for anything else.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I also have the Aluminum Go Cruise with the adjustable wheel. For $30 something bucks it is a simple and highly functional addition.

Injun Joe
09-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Finally had to look at the Go Cruise on line to see what all the hub bub was about. Sure looks like it ought to work. A pretty utilitarian and clever design it seems like. Would definitely do what I'm looking for -- that is just to be able to shake out my hand everyone now and then. I'll probably still go with the Throttlemeister because I find it "prettier." But in this case, you're paying a whole lot extra for pretty.

XKnight
09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Finally had to look at the Go Cruise on line to see what all the hub bub was about. Sure looks like it ought to work. A pretty utilitarian and clever design it seems like. Would definitely do what I'm looking for -- that is just to be able to shake out my hand everyone now and then. I'll probably still go with the Throttlemeister because I find it "prettier." But in this case, you're paying a whole lot extra for pretty.

Aluminum Go Cruise works much better than the plastic version. On flat roads it holds speed just fine for short periods of time, although sometimes it takes a couple adjustments to the throttle to get it to hold speed. Anyone looking for something to use on long stretches of road and in areas with lots of hills probably needs a Kaoko, Throttlemeister, Brakeaway, etc. For just being able to shake out your hand and rest it for a few seconds the Go Cruise is an easy and cheap solution though.

bigbird
09-25-2014, 10:31 AM
The TMs work fine and look great, tho you do have to slide your hand to the end of the grip and rotate the lock to be effective, it's awkward but doable. I think the Breakaway makes a lot more sense

My sentiments and observations exactly. Love my Brakeaway, and was glad to get rid of the TM on my last bike.

bob109
09-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Simple and effective is the Aluminum Version of the GoCruise. Not fancy but functional best describes it. Biggest drawback for the GC is the operator/installer:shhh: During installation it is imperative to clean both the rubber band and jaw surfaces of any finger oils etc. Using some Rubbing Alcohol to do that simple chore will make the GC hold throttle position! Once the thumb wheel is adjusted and adding lateral stability to the mounted GC with the "Rubber O-Rings it will perform as good or better than many more expensive throttle locks:icon_wink:

kjelders
09-25-2014, 10:48 AM
The Brakeway Cruise control (lock throttle) (http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-6CP03.php?make_id=2&model_id=23). It does work with heated grips as well. Hondabikepro(Dale) and I have them on our bikes.

Phatmobile
09-25-2014, 10:51 AM
I have the GO Cruise 2 with the thumb wheel. This works great for me. Realize that this is not an electronic cruise control and your speed will fluctuate depending on the incline or decline of the road. I rode from Columbus Ohio to Gatlinburg TN and back last weekend and the Go Cruise was amazing. I also use a Cramp Buster. I think the combination of the two really worked well.

DaWadd
09-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Simple and effective is the Aluminum Version of the GoCruise. Not fancy but functional best describes it. Biggest drawback for the GC is the operator/installer:shhh: During installation it is imperative to clean both the rubber band and jaw surfaces of any finger oils etc. Using some Rubbing Alcohol to do that simple chore will make the GC hold throttle position! Once the thumb wheel is adjusted and adding lateral stability to the mounted GC with the "Rubber O-Rings it will perform as good or better than many more expensive throttle locks:icon_wink:

Exactly my experience.:icon_biggrin:

RickW
09-25-2014, 04:31 PM
I have the aluminum Go Cruise with the adjustable wheel on it, I've had no problems at all and it was inexpensive. The plastic non adjustable Go Cruise I can understand people not liking, for the money I'll use my GC before dishing out big money for anything else.

I use the Aluminum Chromed version also. Works great for what I need and easy to use. Just adjust the tension and your good to go. This obviously like any other type of throttle lock will not hold speeds going up or down hills, etc.
Using an extra Silicon ring does help on the plastic version.