PDA

View Full Version : "Special" opening ceremony on f6b?

GiddyupF6B
06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Can the f6b display your personal name on start up and turn off? My friends gl1800 does it and my manual walks you through the steps but it doesn't seem to work on the f6.....am I just doing it wrong?

SpeedyWho
06-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes it can be done, I found it to be kind of a pain in the ass. It takes some time to figure it out.

BACA
06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Can the f6b display your personal name on start up and turn off? My friends gl1800 does it and my manual walks you through the steps but it doesn't seem to work on the f6.....am I just doing it wrong?

After spending hours......well lets say some long minutes....(and yes the instructions in the manual are wrong)...I came up with this solution for mine.......hope it works for you.

Instructions for customizing the Opening/Ending Ceremony on a Honda F6B Gold Wing
The buttons on the dash are in parenthesis and the buttons with no parenthesis are on the display.

First of all the Opening/Ending Ceremony has to be set to “OFF”.

Here is how...

Push (Setup) then NEXT (Dim button).
Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

That was easy now here is how to program the Opening/Ending Ceremony Display...

Push (Setup button) then NEXT (Dim).
Push and hold OFF (Trip button)
Push and hold SET (Info button)
Push SET (Setup button) while holding the other two buttons
Display will read....”SPECIAL”
Push SET (Setup) and make your changes.

Good Luck!!!

Dmoon64
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Weird. My manual walked me right through it no problem.

GiddyupF6B
06-20-2013, 02:55 PM
After spending hours......well lets say some long minutes....(and yes the instructions in the manual are wrong)...I came up with this solution for mine.......hope it works for you.

Instructions for customizing the Opening/Ending Ceremony on a Honda F6B Gold Wing
The buttons on the dash are in parenthesis and the buttons with no parenthesis are on the display.

Here is how...

Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

Good Luck!!!

You sir nailed it!!!! Got it on the first shot with these directions! The manual is screwed up....it tells you to start wit the ceremony "on"....first mistake right there. Thank you!!!!!!:clap2:

Texas TC
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I wound up eliminating the ceremony altogether. Now, just a blank screen comes up when I turn on the key before the clock and radio display. I like it clean and withouy fanfare.

BACA
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
You sir nailed it!!!! Got it on the first shot with these directions! The manual is screwed up....it tells you to start wit the ceremony "on"....first mistake right there. Thank you!!!!!!:clap2:

Glad I could help!
Ride Safe!

av8rdave
06-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't remember how I changed it now. Mine says "Welcome av8rdave."

That's the best I could do, absent HAL's voice saying, "Dave, I can assure you I have the utmost enthusiasm for the mission."

buda315
05-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Sure thing. The directions were wrong in my book as well. The opening ceremony must be turned off, not on as directed.

Worked just fine after that.

Here is how...

Push OFF (Info button).
Push SET (Setup button)

Good Luck!!!

wildrooster
05-21-2015, 10:18 AM
I must be stupid I still can't get it to work

valkmc
05-21-2015, 10:33 AM

I found an easy way. I gave my wife the directions and said I bet you can't figure this out. I was surprised when she can in from the garage in less than 5 minutes and said all done!!!

The only thing is mine now says Welcome Jen & Mike...in that order!

wjduke
05-21-2015, 10:36 AM
I found an easy way. I gave my wife the directions and said I bet you can't figure this out. I was surprised when she can in from the garage in less than 5 minutes and said all done!!!

lol...classic

buda315
05-21-2015, 01:11 PM

I must admit. That was great thinking on your part. Clearly showing that we are the dominant gender...

Aren't we??? :icon_rolleyes:

That very funny and no doubt true.

I need to go ask my wife if she can find miscellaneous stuff that's sitting right in front of my face. Lol.

buda315
05-21-2015, 01:16 PM

Try the manuals method, as well as the BACA way (listed above in this thread).

One of them should work. Difference being whether or not you start with the Honda Ceremony on or off to begin with.

If not, have your wife, girlfriend, sister, aunt, mother or neighbors wife give it a go.

Then you can share your embarrassment in our poormansDNA syndrome, aka, the weaker sex!!!!!:bowdown:

valkmc
05-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Try the manuals method, as well as the BACA way (listed above in this thread).

One of them should work. Difference being whether or not you start with the Honda Ceremony on or off to begin with.

If not, have your wife, girlfriend, sister, aunt, mother or neighbors wife give it a go.

Then you can share your embarrassment in our poormansDNA syndrome, aka, the weaker sex!!!!!:bowdown:

See, I don't consider myself the weaker sex. I used my superior supervisor skills to get someone else to figure it out while I enjoyed a cold beer and watched a football game. The only problem was I had to wait for her to finish so she could make some snacks!!!

flat6bagger
05-21-2015, 03:06 PM
How many letters can be programed in?
Can you put spaces in or is it ran together?
Wondering before I waste my time if I can not do it the way I like.

Old Ryder
05-21-2015, 03:35 PM

12 I think. For a blank space you scroll till there is nothing showing and then enter it like a letter. Gotta be quick!

53driver
05-21-2015, 05:41 PM

I've got "53 Driver" in mine - so yes, spaces are available.

flat6bagger
05-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Woo Hoo!
I got it.
I didn't even know you could do that.
I read the manual and looked right over it.

DarkKnt
05-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Funny enough, I was trying to do this the other day. I eventually gave up... Then this thread appears, and I think, that sounds easy. Well, another half hour of frustration and it still doesn't work. F@#k it!

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 05:54 AM
I did the way it is posted here about 10 times and got frustrated.
I could get all the way to the point of getting the word "SPECIAL" to come onto the screen.
What finally worked was to use the first part of the directions posted above to shut it off.
Then I used the manual for the actual procedure from that point on.
That worked the first time I tried it.
Don't ask me why.
I can't tell you what was the difference between the posted directions and the manual on the last part in the manual.
It worked,so it was not worth wasting the time trying to figure out the difference.

53driver
05-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Well, if there's ever an argument over which one is mine, just turn the key and see who she thinks is her owner!

It obviously VERY difficult to change, even if you know it CAN be changed.
I was very frustrated the first few times, but I finally settled into a groove, knew what I wanted and got 'er done.
Wasn't going to let a chip kick my a$$.

Reedman71
05-22-2015, 08:43 AM
I followed the directions in the manual. If I remember correctly, you had to be quick with the buttons.

yardart
05-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Finally got it after 5 trys, gotta be quick on the buttons

shooter
05-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Took me about 20 minutes. I don't think it responds the same every time to the button pushing. Anyway I got it. Thanks guys I didn't even know it would do that. Wifey says she wants her name on there. I told her whoever cleans it gets the spot. I'll be there from now on.

SoCal Rich
05-24-2015, 11:19 AM
I wound up eliminating the ceremony altogether. Now, just a blank screen comes up when I turn on the key before the clock and radio display. I like it clean and withouy fanfare.

Me, too. Who needs any ceremony other than the beautiful sound of starting the engine and getting ready to hop on? :icon_lol:

bigbird
05-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Who needs any ceremony other than the beautiful sound of starting the engine and getting ready to hop on? :icon_lol:

For a few seconds of egocentric stroking, my effort in programming the thing also wasn't worth the reward.

flat6bagger
05-24-2015, 11:33 AM
I have mine say "Briggs' Papa"
My 3 year old grandson Briggs loves it when he sees his name and Papa come across the screen.
To see him get so excited about something that we may think is no big deal is worth any hassle and a great reason for it to be on there.

Doug

SoCal Rich
05-24-2015, 08:47 PM
I have mine say "Briggs' Papa"
My 3 year old grandson Briggs loves it when he sees his name and Papa come across the screen.
To see him get so excited about something that we may think is no big deal is worth any hassle and a great reason for it to be on there.

Doug
That's the first good reason to do it that I've heard!!

Old Ryder
05-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Finally got it after 5 trys, gotta be quick on the buttons

See post #17 :icon_razz: