PDA

View Full Version : HiD low beam cutout harness

MercuryF1
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know if this is available for the F6B yet?

I have written multiple emails to Electrical Connection enquiring about it but never get any replies. Pre-forum server crash, I remember someone telling me that what works for the GL18 may not work for the F6B ....

Steve 0080
06-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Here ya go!!!

http://www.electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns_gl18foglight.htm

MercuryF1
06-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Here ya go!!!

http://www.electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns_gl18foglight.htm

Actually Steve, I was referring to this but unsure if they offer this harness for the F6B!

http://www.electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns_gl18-hid-cutout.htm

MichaelG
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Mercury, I have one of those cut-out switches on order, because I did get my new 4 light...HID headlights system yesterday in the mail. I knew I needed the cut-out switch, and forgot to order it at the same time.

You can also get it from SoCalMoto: http://www.socalmotogear.com/product_p/02114.htm

HOWEVER...I found out this morning, after initially sending this post...that SoCalMotoGear has the WRONG part # for our bikes.

I talked with Lewis at EC on the phone this morning, and the end result is...the part # 02114 that SoCalMotoGear sells is for 2001-2010 non-airbag bikes. What WE need is the part # 02116...again...# 02116...is the correct part for our F6B bikes.

I ordered one, and they are also sending the new gaskets for my Single Shooter lights.

I will have to wait to install these new HID lights, until I haver the EC cut-out switch in place first.

MercuryF1
06-20-2013, 10:13 AM
SoCalMotoGear has the WRONG part # for our bikes.

I talked with Lewis at EC on the phone this morning, and the end result is...the part # 02114 that SoCalMotoGear sells is for 2001-2010 non-airbag bikes. What WE need is the part # 02116...again...# 02116...is the correct part for our F6B bikes.

I have already installed HiD Lo beams from SoCalMGear whilst keeping the Hi beam standard (with Pathblazer GL18 modulators). I have been wanting to order the cutout harness for some time now but EC doesn't like replying emails. Hence i would rather give business to SoCalMGear who tend to reply customers emails.

The correct part number we need is # 02116. Is that an EC part # or do SoCalMGear use the same part # since the harness comes from the same source?

Part #2116 works for BOTH GL18 and F6B? If i am not mistaken, I read somewhere on this forum that '12 GL18 cutout harness might need some modification to work on the F6B.... Miles, possible to help check? Thanks! :biggthumpup:

MichaelG
06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I have already installed HiD Lo beams from SoCalMGear whilst keeping the Hi beam standard (with Pathblazer GL18 modulators). I have been wanting to order the cutout harness for some time now but EC doesn't like replying emails. Hence i would rather give business to SoCalMGear who tend to reply customers emails.

The correct part number we need is # 02116. Is that an EC part # or do SoCalMGear use the same part # since the harness comes from the same source?

Part #2116 works for BOTH GL18 and F6B? If i am not mistaken, I read somewhere on this forum that '12 GL18 cutout harness might need some modification to work on the F6B.... Miles, possible to help check? Thanks! :biggthumpup:

MercuryF1, the cut-out harness that SoCalMotoGear sells is NOT the correct one for our bikes. I already did all the research and phone calls this morning on this. SoCalMotoGear only sells the part # 02114...which is for the 2001-2010 non-airbag Wings.

EC does have the correct part in stock. It is part # 02116, and as of this mornings phone call, they have already billed me for one, and have already shipped it out...that fast.

Yes...the part # 02116 will in fact work on our F6B's. No mods are required.

But...hey...you realy should have had this cut-out harness installed before installing your HID low beams. We both know why. That is why I am waiting to receive my cut-out harness before I install all 4 of my new HID headlights.

BTW, I decided to go with all 4 headlights...both low beams, and both high beams. It made no sense to have HID low beams, then when you turn on the high beams, they are dimmer than the HID low beams, but...as you said, you already have installed the Pathblazer GL18 modulators.

I had already installed the PIAA 100watt bulbs in my low beams, but I can save those for a future bike.

Call EC...talk to.."the lady that answers the phone"...and order the part # 02116 for your F6B.

MercuryF1
06-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Ordered part # 2116 from EC - $29.95.

Found same thing on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goldwing-******-Low-Beam-Cutout-Harness-2012-ONLY-EC02116-/121009023419
$42.00 :shock:

Steve 0080
06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM....I ordered the cut out switch and it would not fit....after much back and forth waiting on a fix...sent both of the ones I bought back to E/C,,,now the one you are looking at is a new part number to me...IF you can get it to work let me know so I can get one!

MichaelG
06-21-2013, 10:11 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM....I ordered the cut out switch and it would not fit....after much back and forth waiting on a fix...sent both of the ones I bought back to E/C,,,now the one you are looking at is a new part number to me...IF you can get it to work let me know so I can get one!

Steve, the ones that he and I have both ordered is the newest one from EC...with a part # of 02116. The previous ones...part # 02114 were for the early Wings. I have been told by Lewis that this newer one will fit our F6B's.

Steve 0080
06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Let me know please....I is a great ideal to use thema and I will if they work for yall!

Steve 0080
06-22-2013, 08:11 AM
I did go to E/C and read the install proceduer.....and yes it is what lewis said would be the fix....now to get mine in the mail.....