PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think........?

CheckpointChcky
09-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Y'all know that my bike is for sale but I haven't had much luck in selling it. I called the dealership where I bought it and asked if they would buy it back. They offered $15,000.00 for it. Should I take the deal?

Phantom
09-30-2014, 01:45 PM
:icon_cool:

I hate to see you get rid of it.

YES, that is a good offer

Jimmytee
09-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Well I know you lowered your price already to 15.5k. It's only $500 less. Will it cover what you owe on it? It is unfortunate, but like already mentioned. I just bought my new 2013 for $15651 in July.

six2go
09-30-2014, 01:50 PM
That doesn't sound too bad coming from a dealer. They aren't going to give you more than what they think they can sell it for. Do you have to leave all of your accessories on the bike to get that price? Normally a person doesn't get much for accessories and mods. Even if the price drops if ya take off some of the stuff, you may be able to come out ahead by selling things in the classifieds. Depending upon what you have, you may have a customer right here for some of the things.

bigbird
09-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Take the $15k and buy what makes you grin from ear to ear every time you drive it.
I think that's a great offer. I hope there's no "gotcha's" and "by the ways".

CheckpointChcky
09-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, the dealership still has the Road Star I traded in for the F6B and is willing to sell it back to me for less than he gave me for it in trade. This is a great father/son dealership known for giving great deals. Please do not misunderstand me....I love the 6 but have to get some finances under control for a while. I fully intend to own another 6 in a couple of years. As a matter of fact, the more I drive the 6, the more it feels like a part of me....so easy to drive and everything about it is great. The Road Star is great too. I had just about every accessory that was available for that bike put on. Let's see if I can post a pic of it.

bigbird
09-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Nice looking bike, if you like V-Twin cruisers 'riding'
Notice my emoticon vibrating and bouncing down the road?

XKnight
09-30-2014, 02:29 PM
With leftover 2013s selling for less than $15K I would jump on that offer if I were you.

Scotrod
09-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Nice lookin Star!

I believe the Dealer is able to work with you as good as he is b/c he made a little on the initial purchase and he's installed most of your accessories,,, All in all, he's made a little money, paid a few bills,, life is good.

Pretty decent of him to do the deal he's offered. in the 'big picture', he's not getting rich, nor is he losing his butt.

IMHO, considering you are trying to get finances in order, the hardest decision would be whether or not to get the Road Star,,, Whether to ride or perhaps take a break for a while,,,

Jimmytee
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Well, the dealership still has the Road Star I traded in for the F6B and is willing to sell it back to me for less than he gave me for it in trade. This is a great father/son dealership known for giving great deals. Please do not misunderstand me....I love the 6 but have to get some finances under control for a while. I fully intend to own another 6 in a couple of years. As a matter of fact, the more I drive the 6, the more it feels like a part of me....so easy to drive and everything about it is great. The Road Star is great too. I had just about every accessory that was available for that bike put on. Let's see if I can post a pic of it.

That is a nice looking Road Star. I would've had a hard time parting with it as I still have my beloved Valkyrie. As Scotrod said, it wouldn't seem you would be making much head way if you bought it back in the deal.

opas ride
09-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Depends on how desperate you are to unload the F6B...$15,000 is a huge hit, but I suppose I would get it done and off your mind ASAP..With fall here, and winter around the corner, bike sales slow way down in certain parts of the country...Sorry you have to sell, but do what you feel comfortable with as the price on your bike is not going up as time goes by......

CheckpointChcky
09-30-2014, 09:08 PM
That is a nice looking Road Star. I would've had a hard time parting with it as I still have my beloved Valkyrie. As Scotrod said, it wouldn't seem you would be making much head way if you bought it back in the deal.

I am trying to get the debt paid down on my credit card. I don't mind my monthly motorcycle payment. That is small. My credit card however, was maxed out and I am paying TOTALLY HUGE interest on the debt every month. The money I get from the sale of the 6 will pay off 3/4 of the debt. Since the cost of my old bike will be low, I will probably have a monthly payment on it at or below my bike payment now. So, this helps me get a handle on paying down the credit card. The interest was so high, it basically wiped out what I was paying on principle. Had to get it down some way. Now when I make the payment on the credit card every month, the majority of the payment will be principle. About 10 months and it will be paid off.

srt8-in-largo
09-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Idk Chcky... thats a good deal but I'd find a way to keep the 6.

shooter
09-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Nice looking bike, if you like V-Twin cruisers 'riding'
Notice my emoticon vibrating and bouncing down the road?

That's just wrong to cut down a brothers ride. Cold Hearted.

srt8-in-largo
09-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Lol. It'd be wrong if it weren't true. If we see ducks, shall we call them swans or ducks?

bigbird
09-30-2014, 11:26 PM
That's just wrong to cut down a brothers ride. Cold Hearted.

It's all in jest.

motoman
10-01-2014, 12:06 AM
October is never a good time to sell a motorcycle.

But if you wait until next year, it will be a year older.

I'd say let it go for $15K now since you won't be riding it that much all winter, and pay off your credit card.

(Especially if it's Red? Then by all means let it go).

The price of used F6B's will continue to drop, until it settles at some kind of baseline price. How much are 2013 full Goldwings going for?

You can always pick up another F6B next year.

Don't worry, Honda will make more. :icon_mrgreen:

CheckpointChcky
10-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Yes, I truly believe I'll have another 6 in a year or two. Who knows, with the addition of the cruise control for the 2015, perhaps they'll add a CB radio some time soon as well.

Brian D
10-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Hey chucky I used to have a roadstar and they are great bikes. I sometimes wish I still had that bike. Your pic of your roadstar is a beautiful bike. I would dump off the f6. Get your finances in order and bye another f6 down the road. Maybe a used one in the future with low miles and let someone else take the hit of a new bike. There are many people that buy new bikes every couple of years

SpeedyWho
10-01-2014, 12:45 AM
I think 15k and you walk away is a great deal, even more so with the '15s coming out.

Injun Joe
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Seems like to me that the dealer is giving you an incredibly good deal. It may not be as much as you want or need, but I can't imagine you getting a better deal at this time of year even from a private party. You might, but it would likely involved a LONG wait and then might not happen. Bottom line, only you know your exact circumstances.

richw56
10-01-2014, 10:10 AM
It appears that the dealer is trying to work with you as best he can.
The deal sounds very good as you described it.
Dealer probably appreciates that you'll be a long-term customer, as long as he keeps doing the right thing by you.

Primo
10-01-2014, 11:23 AM
#1: That $15k offer is outstanding. Run, do not walk to that dealer and close the deal. Sounds like they are in it for the long run and this kind of goodwill will come back to them.

#2: Check with your bank or other credit cards you may have and see if they offer transfer balance deals. Typically you can transfer your current credit card debt, up to your limit for 2-3% of the transferred amount then interest free for the term as long as paid in full. Typically the deals are good for 12-18 months.

The 2-3% upfront fee amounts to around 3 months worth of your current finance charges.

Only transfer the amount you can safely pay in the 12-18 months offered.

Good luck. Credit card debt is no fun but sometimes it can't be avoided.

CheckpointChcky
10-01-2014, 12:09 PM
OK guys, looks like this old woman ( that's me ) is going to try to do all the paperwork tomorrow. The dealer said I can come at any time. Question now is, since my credit is at the max, will I qualify for a new loan on the Road Star. Tomorrow wil tell. Thanks for all your input. I greatly appreciate iate it.

CheckpointChcky
10-01-2014, 12:15 PM
#1: That $15k offer is outstanding. Run, do not walk to that dealer and close the deal. Sounds like they are in it for the long run and this kind of goodwill will come back to them.

#2: Check with your bank or other credit cards you may have and see if they offer transfer balance deals. Typically you can transfer your current credit card debt, up to your limit for 2-3% of the transferred amount then interest free for the term as long as paid in full. Typically the deals are good for 12-18 months.

The 2-3% upfront fee amounts to around 3 months worth of your current finance charges.

I tried to get one of those no interest for 18 months credit cards to do just that.....transfer the debt to that card and try to get it all paid off. No one would give one to me based on the high amount of debt I had. That is why I am a little nervous about tomorrow's attempt to get a motorcycle loan. But dealerships have all sorts of tricks they can use to get one financed.

Scotrod
10-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Winter is on it's way,,, I'd hang loose til next spring before borrowing any more $ to buy a bike.

bigbird
10-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Honda Canada just announced their incentives for the leftover '14 F6B, it's $2k off list + 1.9% financing for 3 years. We don't get the accessory money that the US does. All the '13 leftover F6B's in Canada have been sold. They had a $3k discount with 1.9% financing.

My point is act now, don't wait, as your '13 will only go down in value.

Scotrod
10-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't wait on selling the 6,,, I'd wait on acquiring more debt,,, (A little more 'direct' in my explanation.)

opas ride
10-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Credit card debt is a nasty business...Interest rate will kill you over time...Any way you could borrow against house or an equity loan of some type and pay off/down that credit card!!!??...Most home equity loans are for a long term but the interest rates are usually very low and rates are deductible on your taxes....Good Luck, and I agree with a couple of earlier posts, don't go back into debt on any kind of bike until your finances do not keep you up at night...I know we love to ride, but a little common sense may be a priority here??...Your choice...

FF-Ed
10-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't wait on selling the 6,,, I'd wait on acquiring more debt,,, (A little more 'direct' in my explanation.)

getting one debit paid, to immediately jump into another is crazy

Airborne06
10-05-2014, 12:31 PM

Sounds like good, sound advice! I concur.