PDA

View Full Version : Front end feels weird !!!

wantone
10-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I have not been riding my V-Star 1300 for a long time. I took it out for a spin yesterday and noticed that every lean or turn the bike feels funny. IDK what it is but every time I turn the front end wants to stay straight and not lean.

I'm sry the question is not about F6B.

Thanks

F6B1911
10-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I have not been riding my V-Star 1300 for a long time. I took it out for a spin yesterday and noticed that every lean or turn the bike feels funny. IDK what it is but every time I turn the front end wants to stay straight and not lean.

Thanks

Not sure about the V-Star 1300 specifically, but every bike I have ridden since the 6 feels funny.
Can you get the front wheel off the ground and see if there is any resistance on the steering?
Have you made any changes to the bike recently?

Jimmytee
10-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm betting the issue is just as F6B1911 says. My Valkyrie, while a solid performer in the handling department, feels like it prefers straight lines when compared to my F6B. It's no doubt, just the difference in the beasts. I've taken that Valk through some pretty aggressive twisties,scraping pegs and having a blast, but when I first get on her now, she feels weird. Just like you say.:icon_wink:

Ericb445
10-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Check your tire pressures

MOODY
10-01-2014, 07:17 PM
My 97 Valk feels like trying to maneuver a Mack truck w/a flat compared to my quicker than Red, Black F-6, But still love the Valk

Ixol Phaane
10-01-2014, 07:44 PM
My F6B made my VTX1300 feel like a wind-up toy after only two weeks!
:icon_biggrin:

shooter
10-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Buddy I've got to tell you my M109R corners like a turd ever since I got this B. I can't hardly ride the dang thing. Every corner I'm using the whole road. Dragging the pegs on the 9 and it still isn't enough. That B is a handling machine. If I cut the bags off , raise the exhaust , and raise the pegs she's ready for Moto GP. I'm telling you the Star is OK. It's just not a B.

shooter
10-01-2014, 07:51 PM
My 97 Valk feels like trying to maneuver a Mack truck w/a flat compared to my quicker than Red, Black F-6, But still love the Valk

Those Black one's are WICKED FAST!!!!!!

powercruzer13
10-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that Valk to F6B feeling. I got on Kim's '98 Tourer the other day & I thought the steering bearings had seized or something. :shock: Big change is the smaller front wheel IMHO.
Amazing what Honda can do with a decade of R & D. :icon_lol:
Oh, I still love the Valkyries, but they are what they are. :icon_cool:

rumble-b
10-01-2014, 10:44 PM

Thanks

I also have a V Star 1300 and didn't ride it for 6 months after buying the F6B. I had the exact same feeling when i rode it again.I looked like i couldn't ride. :icon_redface: I felt like it didn't want to lean and when it did it felt heavy on the steering and like the handle bars wanted to always turn full lock. It also felt spongy in the front suspension. All these "problems" are direct result of just how amazingly good the F6B is. I've had my 1300 for 4 years and for a Cruiser it goes and handles very well.....however.....the F6B is on an entirely different level in handling and everything else. Your body and mind very quickly adjusts to the F6B and after a while everything else feel "funny" Ride the V Star a bit more and you will adjust to it again.:icon_biggrin:

miramiramira
10-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Ditto

Steve 0080
10-01-2014, 11:31 PM
You are comparing apples to oranges.....

richw56
10-01-2014, 11:49 PM

That's right. First things first.
One of the most common reasons for motorcycle handling to feel 'off' is low tire pressure, regardless of make/model.

Jimmytee
10-02-2014, 08:06 AM
That's right. First things first.
One of the most common reasons for motorcycle handling to feel 'off' is low tire pressure, regardless of make/model.

I would hope that tire pressures were checked in pre-flight :lolup:
In the case of my Valkyrie, It is just the difference. Plus, I have a fork mounted Woody's batwing on the front too that will exaggerate the different feel.

Elroy
10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
I too experienced this last week. I took my '07 Vulcan 1500 out to stretch its legs. Having not ridden it since I brought the 6 home, the whole ride felt very alien to me. I wondered how I ever rode it before, especially on the likes of the Dragon and Colorado. Felt many of the same things others have said; felt like driving a Mack truck, didn't want to lean, etc....Everything I do riding my 6 I seemed to have to put 3x as much effort into my Vulc to do. I likened it to driving a modern car vs a classic with no power-steering and having to pump the brakes.

I actually felt unsafe for the first few miles :shock: To amplify the uneasy feelings of the handling, I was riding two-up. It was a 55 mile round trip, and to my Vulc's credit I began to 'gel' with it once again after about 20 miles.

The ride was a testament to the 6's attributes, and I now appreciate it(the 6) even more if such a thing is possible.

FF-Ed
10-02-2014, 11:19 AM
after the F6B, my nimble Boulevard felt like a sluggish hard to maneuver turd...

So, I sold it last week. Problem solved...

I think my Harley will be next to go

jkelley
10-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Yup Harley gone here too.

Rode my wifes 1300 Interstate and it had to go as well, damn thing felt like it was unsafe!

She chose a CTX 700. I cant get her to go with an F6B. she says too big. But I have to say the CTX performs very well (every bit as well as her old 1300) and on top of that she is getting over 70 MPG, with a high of 84 on one tank. As long as shes safe and happy I'm all in.