PDA

View Full Version : Helibars

Jimmytee
10-03-2014, 04:58 PM
O.K., I'm about to pull the trigger and order the bars, but before I do, I just wanted to check whether anyone was aware of a discount for them anywhere?

Thanks
Jim

six2go
10-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Me too Jimmy. I'm debating between the Helibars and Rocky's risers. Rocky told me that his risers will bring the bars back 2" but I'm not sure I want them that much closer. My main problem is with the angle of the grips. I want the grips to be not angled back so much and maybe the bars back 1" or so.

Steve 0080
10-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmytee
10-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Well, I had searched and even wrote an email to Horizon the other day asking about any discounts and received a reply a couple of days ago that no specials were going on, so the order is placed. Looking forward to achieving maximum comfort for the dollars that are required. Will report on my findings when the Helibars are installed."coffee"

wantone
10-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Well, I had searched and even wrote an email to Horizon the other day asking about any discounts and received a reply a couple of days ago that no specials were going on, so the order is placed. Looking forward to achieving maximum comfort for the dollars that are required. Will report on my findings when the Helibars are installed."coffee"

I had called them few months ago when I had my cross country. I was informed they do not have discounts anymore.

stepbill
10-03-2014, 08:33 PM
The bars are well worth the money. They are SO adjustable it's crazy. This is probably the best mod that I have done to my bike. The second will be the Russell Day Long seat!

Jimmytee
10-03-2014, 08:51 PM
The bars are well worth the money. They are SO adjustable it's crazy. This is probably the best mod that I have done to my bike. The second will be the Russell Day Long seat!

That's what I'm betting on. Would have rather spent the money on a --------, but the pain in my neck and between my shoulders needs to go away. It's odd, but I think I find myself flexing those muscles while riding or their tensed up. Hoping the bars will allow me to have those muscles relaxed and find it comfortable. i really like riding this bike, but my Valk has it beat in the comfort area. With the Helibars, I'm hoping my F6B will have the Valk beat.:shhh:

Random Factor
10-04-2014, 04:12 AM
The bars are well worth the money. They are SO adjustable it's crazy. This is probably the best mod that I have done to my bike.

I'll second this! Best thing you can do to your F6B. Being able to change the angle of the grips made all the difference for me. No more wheelbarrow.

Not to mention that the crossbar really stabilizes the front end. Throw a fork brace on and it handles like a huge sports bike.

You will not regret this purchase.

Hornblower
10-04-2014, 07:21 AM

OK, OK...the reason I didn't respond earlier was that I don't know of any available discounts for HeliBars. Can't blame anyone for asking because, as we all know, Heli's are pricey! When you receive the kit, you may start appreciating why they cost what they do. The quality is super, super good and the instructions are first rate also. As someone else mentioned, being able to adjust wrist angle can really add to the comfort level.

Jimmytee
10-04-2014, 07:34 AM

I was wondering what that was about. Felt like it must be an inside joke or something.:shrug:

DaWadd
10-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Those Helibars sure look good. Keep us informed about the install and riding comfort. :039:

Jimmytee
10-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Those Helibars sure look good. Keep us informed about the install and riding comfort. :039:

Look forward to it.:039: