PDA

View Full Version : I still love my ex, I mean X, er thats VTX

BadDawg
10-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I've had the B for 3 weeks now and got a 1000 miles on her. Pulled into the garage and my VTX was sitting there looking like I had abandoned her. So I fired her up and took her for a short 100 mile trip. Damn I still love her. Don't get me wrong, the F6B is a great machine and my wife loves it. But man when I want to raise a little hell the VTX is the way I want to do it. Low, loud and riding proud.

Steve 0080
10-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Nothing wrong with owning more than one bike !!! They each have a different purpose.

opas ride
10-03-2014, 08:02 PM
At times I also miss my 2005 VTXF3..All chromed up and mean and loud with K&N filter,open air cleaner cover, Cobra pipes and lots of low end torque and power...Traded it for a 2008 Victory Tour with bags, shield, floorboards, etc..Nice bike but I still question why I did what I did until the F6B..Nicest bike, by far, that I have ever ridden....Love the thing!!!

CheckpointChcky
10-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I've had the B for 3 weeks now and got a 1000 miles on her. Pulled into the garage and my VTX was sitting there looking like I had abandoned her. So I fired her up and took her for a short 100 mile trip. Damn I still love her. Don't get me wrong, the F6B is a great machine and my wife loves it. But man when I want to raise a little hell the VTX is the way I want to do it. Low, loud and riding proud.

I had a white, 2008 1300R. I loved that bike too. Had it decked out like crazy. Wish I still had it.

Jimmytee
10-04-2014, 04:39 AM
I feel the same about my Valkyrie. It's loud, with it's Cobra 6 into 6 pipes and loud stereo. It's got attitude that the F6B just doesn't have. It's like the F6 is just more refined. Too good for all that ruckus.:nutkick::headbang:

JackB
10-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Not me when I ride My Valkyrie it just feels old. So next spring it's for sale.http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0339.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0339.jpg.html)

Jimmytee
10-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Not me when I ride My Valkyrie it just feels old. So next spring it's for sale.http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0339.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0339.jpg.html)

Feel old?, I dunno. It feels different. It's nice to have a choice. What strikes my mood. Plus, I have too much personality in my Valk. I'd never recoup near what I got in her, unless I parted her out. That seems sacrilegious.:icon_frown:

Scotrod
10-04-2014, 07:49 AM
My 06 18C was a bit top heavy compared to later bikes. I used to joke with others about it's single - pin 'tractor' sound,,, It was very dependable. No regrets.

BadDawg
10-04-2014, 02:50 PM
My 06 18C was a bit top heavy compared to later bikes. I used to joke with others about it's single - pin 'tractor' sound,,, It was very dependable. No regrets.

I had lowered my X several inches, both in the seat and suspension, seat is 23" of the ground. The COG was notable different than stock. I loved the way it handled in the corners although I could drag a lot easier than the B. I would love to race myself against each bike in some twisties.

fxdl2051
10-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Lost out on a VTX1800 for 9k out the door, dealer folded shortly there after, but not before he sold it:banghead:. Great bike, loved the look and the ride. I can see why you kept it.

bob109
10-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Bought a brand new 2002 Illusion Blue VTX 1800C and the bike was a thrill to ride. Getting that 52lb. crank spinning 5k or better, you knew what the term "$hit-n-Git" was all about. With its massive torque and smoothness for a large displacement V Twin, the bike was amazingly fast. A tad top heavy it still handled well and the "linked braking system" was first rate. That bike was my first experience with Honda's 3D computer mapping. Put a set of V&H Pipes onto her. Disconnected the battery for a few minutes, reconnected power and then started her and let her do her thing without touching the throttle and after "cooking" for a few minuted she was re-booted and ready to "rock & roll":icon_lol: HD riders would near $hit" themselves whenever you went "head to head". Wish I was aware of "Dark Siding" at the time. I could not keep a rear tire on that marvelous machine:shock: The VTX is one of those bikes that makes a "indelible mark on your soul":icon_biggrin: