PDA

View Full Version : Torque loop and factory warranty

Brian D
10-07-2014, 11:33 PM
I was wondering if adding the torque loop to the exhaust will void my warranty. I need some sound to this bike so I'm prob gonna add exhaust to my winter projects. Any suggestions on a set up. I don't really care for the cobra 3 on each side look.

Brian D
10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I was wondering if adding the torque loop to the exhaust will void my warranty. I need some sound to this bike so I'm prob gonna add exhaust to my winter projects. Any suggestions on a set up. I don't really care for the cobra 3 on each side look.

Oops sorry I should have put this thread in the garage

jkelley
10-08-2014, 05:50 AM
If your dealer is a dick then they can threaten anything, Truthfully they would have to prove they caused a problem.
If you have a good dealer and a reasonable service manager then it's likely they wouldn't say a word. I would suggest you talk to them.
Once my local dealer got to know me they couldn't care less what I do with it. They know if I break it I will pay up or fix it. if a factory issue then they are on the hook.
Magn / moss act all that crap.

Scotrod
10-08-2014, 08:35 AM
They have to prove the mod caused a problem before they can refuse to fix that specific problem under warranty.

Have not heard of anyone having any problems with the bike after correctly installing TLoops.

motoman
10-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Have not heard of anyone having any increased power with the bike after correctly installing TLoops.

Fixed it for ya. :icon_mrgreen:

Scotrod
10-08-2014, 12:17 PM
:icon_biggrin:

He said sound, not power!!!

:crackup:

Someone needs to come up with some 6 inch long Zoomies pointed up/back like a top fuel racer,,, ;dragster;

Blotar
10-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I am dying to install torque loops! the O2 sensor is just a fraction of an inch beyond the cats and it freaks me out to cut so close and get a good install...:icon_frown:
I really need a better sound from my bike. I have the Cobras and am running one baffle in each side to minimize the 'dreaded drone'. It's not so bad, but I just want more crispy sound. Not the resonance of the cat converters.
My other bike is a Valkyrie w/Two Brothers exhaust. (that's what I want w/my F6B)
Blotar

Deer Slayer
10-08-2014, 04:55 PM
:icon_deadhorse: Done been covered. :cheers:

XKnight
10-08-2014, 05:12 PM
They have to prove the mod caused a problem before they can refuse to fix that specific problem under warranty.

Have not heard of anyone having any problems with the bike after correctly installing TLoops.

I wish it were as simple as that. Unfortunately, the dealer can refuse to fix a problem if they think it was connected to a modification or if they just want to be asshats. The vehicle owner would then have to fight that decision and get Mother Honda involved to resolve it. It can be a lot of headaches for a vehicle owner who has a warranty issue and the dealer claims the issue was caused by an aftermarket accessory/modification. Luckily, most Honda's and especially the Flat 6 motor are bullet proof so probably won't need any major work under warranty anyway.

Scotrod
10-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Sure they can, but legally, they have to prove it. But it's a lot easier and less costly to try and steamroller over you at first than to 'prove' anything. Your legal defense will probably cost more than the repairs, so it's 'Justice American Style/Pay to Play!' LOL!!!

Scotrod
10-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I really need a better sound from my bike. I have the Cobras and am running one baffle in each side to minimize the 'dreaded drone'. It's not so bad, but I just want more crispy sound.

Do the Zoomies!!! It'll sound like a really pissed off Cessna!! :shock:

srt8-in-largo
10-08-2014, 11:03 PM
If you were on a BMW you would have to accept whatever baloney your dealer threw at ya... because chances are there won't be another one within 250 miles.

Honda dealers are much more prevalent. If one is acting funny, you have the option of visiting another one.

Brian D
10-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna take some advice and talk to the service guys before I have anything cut and installed. I do agree also that Honda builds a great product and I highly doubt I'll have any issue with this bike. Thanks again