PDA

View Full Version : request- rear signal red lights

Spanky
10-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Someone riding behind me at light commented that the amber turn signal lights were a bit too bright. Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?

Limoles
10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Someone riding behind me at light commented that the amber turn signal lights were a bit too bright. Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?

I wouldn't touch it . It's your safety , so let them all see you and recognize any attempts in changing the lanes or turning to other directions .

bobbyf6b
10-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Too bright? Never heard that one before. Bright is good. Tell them to call Honda and complain.

Phantom
10-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Too bright? Never heard that one before. Bright is good

I say AMEN to that .notworthy. I'd rather be seen, our lives are more valuable than the opinion from a cager. In your case, they worked and you were noticed. They didn't rear end you and then say "OOOPS" we didn't see you.

Keep those bright lights on there, I'm sure Clutch would rather be riding versus taking care of you because someone rear-ended your dark bike. Bright is a good safety factor. Just my 2 cents.

fxdl2051
10-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?

http://www.customdynamics.com/instructions/smart-triple-play-unv.pdf Works good though the LEDS will blink fast till you put in a load resistor. But they all do that. Went with some 800lumen JDM LED bulbs from Amazon, work pretty good. LEDs are much better than that Show Chrome bulbs some vendors are selling.

Hornblower
10-12-2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.customdynamics.com/instructions/smart-triple-play-unv.pdf Works good though the LEDS will blink fast till you put in a load resistor. But they all do that. Went with some 800lumen JDM LED bulbs from Amazon, work pretty good. LEDs are much better than that Show Chrome bulbs some vendors are selling.

A flasher, typically solid-state, that is designed for use with LED turn signals should take care of the fast-blink problem. Load resistors are typically used in auto installs where converting incandescent to LED causes a MIL. Of course, on our bikes, that isn't an issue so I'm not in favor of installing the resistors. After all, one of the advantages of going LED is to lessen the electrical load. Why add resistors to take away that advantage?

Ericb445
10-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I just put regular red bulbs in place of the yellow ones....pretty easy.