PDA

View Full Version : New F6B trying Darkside

valkmc
10-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Had my F6 for a week. I had the spare rim with my Michelin Alpin from my Wing laying around so I thought I would try it out. I am a Darksider, 30K on my 98 Valkyrie and 24k on my 12 Wing. I liked it on both, however I am not so sure about it on the F6. Took a ride this morning and it seems to change the handling more than it did on either of my previous bikes.

When I sold the Wing I had the Michelin on it and put the OEM back on it. When I jumped on the F6 with the OEM tire and rode it all I could say was how great it handled compared to my wing which had the Alpin on it. I will give it a try for a few days but to me it has a greater effect on this bike than on the others I owned. I am sure braking and wet riding will both be improved with the Michelin.

Hook
10-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I put the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT 195/55r16 on my F6...And I love it I run 32psi works great for me:icon_biggrin:

shooter
10-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Check your air pressure. The B is a little lighter. Also if it has been laying around could have lost a few pounds.

valkmc
10-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Check your air pressure. The B is a little lighter. Also if it has been laying around could have lost a few pounds.

THANKS for the tip. I checked when I put it on and it was a 37 psi because the last I used it I was on a trip pulling my trailer and 2 up on the Wing. Didn't think about the B being lighter. I will try it around 33 or 34 and see how it feels.

Scotrod
10-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Let me take that good fer nuthin MC tire off yer hands,,, I' promise I'll dispose of it properly! :yes:

bigbird
10-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Let me take that good fer nuthin MC tire off yer hands,,, I' promise I'll dispose of it properly! :yes:

And if you can't find a good home for it, I surely can. :stirthepot:

valkmc
10-11-2014, 01:06 PM

LOL, I love the fact that changing the rear tire on Wings and the F6 is so easy. I have the MC tire on the black rim and the car tire on a rim I picked up. 15 minutes and I can switch back and forth while enjoying a cold beverage.

Scotrod
10-11-2014, 09:28 PM
It's so easy, it should be illegal, heavily taxed, or only allowed at the stroke of midnight on Feb 29! :shock: