PDA

View Full Version : Hey valkmc !!!

powercruzer13
10-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Did you get the leftover 2013 red standard from Ride Now in Ocala?

I'm the Valkoholic known as Tropic traveler on the VRCC & I'm pretty sure we used to hang around at the Thursday night bike gathering in Silver Springs.
My beloved 1997 Valk.

I bought a black F6B from Ride Now of Ocala back in June. Went back there yesterday to grab the red 2013 for the wife & it was gone. They offered me a not so hot deal on a 2013 dealer trade bike with the wife's 2005 SS750 for a trade in so I didn't pull the trigger.
If it was you that got the red standard from them I hope you got it right! :icon_wink:
Anyhow, if you are the fellow I think you are {schoolteacher??} get with me some Thursday night or PM me on this or the VRCC board.
Heading over to Daytona to check out their inventory of F6B, I heard they have a good deal on a 2013 red standard still in stock.
The black beauty.

srt8-in-largo
10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Keeping your Valk... or ditching the Valk for the 6?

powercruzer13
10-12-2014, 08:36 PM
We had three Valkyries & a 2005 Shadow Spirit 750. Decided that it was time to upgrade & downsize the fleet. :icon_cool: Too many bikes so some weren't getting ridden enough. Tired of tagging & insuring 4 bikes too. Since any two or three cylinder bike would be a downgrade from the Valks it was pretty much F6B or 'Wing for us. Wife has decided on the F6B over a CTX1300 for her bike.
So far all we have done was trade in my 1999 Valkyrie for my black 2013 standard.
1999 Valk presently at dealer for sale. :icon_biggrin:

Still have the wife's SS750 & her 1998 Tourer for sale. Been very busy & haven't had much time to put them up for sale.
Wife's 1998 Tourer, 33,600 miles very nice.
Wife's 2005 SS750, 48,000 miles excellent condition.
Looking to sell both of these or possibly trade them both in on a red F6B. Since I'm a bit , ahem, "frugal" I haven't run up on the right deal yet. Tired of walking around them in the garage so here lately I've gotten the "make a deal" bug.
As far as the state of my 115,000 mile 1997 Tourer, it has some carb issues that I have not had time to get back into. Before the carb trouble it ran very well & has been taken care of very well. I do have a local VRCC member that is very interested in it & when we get it back up & running I have promised him a helluva deal on it. Seems at 115,000 miles it is a bit of a pariah to dealers as a trade in & the miles scare the hell out of the motorcycle buying public infected with the Harley mentality.
The 100K club member Valkyrie.
So I guess the bottom line is yes we are ditching the Valks for F6B's but it won't break my heart if we keep my trusty 1997 Valk around a while! I have a LOT of memories on that bike, all good! :yes:

valkmc
10-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Did you get the leftover 2013 red standard from Ride Now in Ocala?

I'm the Valkoholic known as Tropic traveler on the VRCC & I'm pretty sure we used to hang around at the Thursday night bike gathering in Silver Springs.
My beloved 1997 Valk.

I bought a black F6B from Ride Now of Ocala back in June. Went back there yesterday to grab the red 2013 for the wife & it was gone. They offered me a not so hot deal on a 2013 dealer trade bike with the wife's 2005 SS750 for a trade in so I didn't pull the trigger.
If it was you that got the red standard from them I hope you got it right! :icon_wink:
Anyhow, if you are the fellow I think you are {schoolteacher??} get with me some Thursday night or PM me on this or the VRCC board.
Heading over to Daytona to check out their inventory of F6B, I heard they have a good deal on a 2013 red standard still in stock.
The black beauty.

Yep it's me, how you been? I rode over to the Thursday night thing on the Wing once or twice but you were not there. Yes I bought the Red 13 at ride now and I did good. It had been there for awhile.

Good Luck in Daytona and will try to get over to Steak and Shake one Thursday in the near future.

powercruzer13
10-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I thought that was you!
It's been hectic for me lately so I don't make it over to the Thursday gathering consistently anymore.
On a related note, while riding the SS750 back from Ride Now Saturday, I saw a fellow on a red F6B headed west on 14th St. approaching 8th ave. I don't think it was you unless you've gained weight & lost some hair! :shock:

srt8-in-largo
10-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Good looking hardware there; maybe put a for-sale thread in the classifieds? I've actually had pretty good luck selling vehicles on eBay; they always went on the first auction listing and always at my "But It Now" price.

Me? The 6 is the only bike I want or need :icon_biggrin:

JackB
10-14-2014, 07:02 AM
I sold my 98 Valkyrie Tourer and traded in my ST1300 for my F6B. Now I will be selling my Valkyrie I.S. After riding the F6B I. Don't want to ride the Valk anymore.

valkmc
10-15-2014, 11:22 AM
I thought that was you!
It's been hectic for me lately so I don't make it over to the Thursday gathering consistently anymore.
On a related note, while riding the SS750 back from Ride Now Saturday, I saw a fellow on a red F6B headed west on 14th St. approaching 8th ave. I don't think it was you unless you've gained weight & lost some hair! :shock:

No weight gain and still have all my hair. It is however a lighter shade of color, grey makes me looked distinguished accorrding to the wife. I see you got the second F6. Congrats and tell the wife to enjoy!

Madmax
10-16-2014, 08:59 AM
I had a few Valkyries , even though it took forever to polish all the chrome liked the original cruiser style .
I have a die hard valkyrie buddy , he was all pumped up about the new F6C has had it for 8 months and likes my F6B much better . I have had a chance to ride the valkyrie , its pretty sporty for a goldwing .
I sold my valkyries and picked up my F6B and never looked back . I did have a the chance to buy a valkyrie ... I choose the 2014 Vmax after doing seat time on both machines served no real purpose but the vmax just was more fun than your suppose to have .

valkmc
10-16-2014, 02:16 PM
I had a few Valkyries , even though it took forever to polish all the chrome liked the original cruiser style .
I have a die hard valkyrie buddy , he was all pumped up about the new F6C has had it for 8 months and likes my F6B much better . I have had a chance to ride the valkyrie , its pretty sporty for a goldwing .
I sold my valkyries and picked up my F6B and never looked back . I did have a the chance to buy a valkyrie ... I choose the 2014 Vmax after doing seat time on both machines served no real purpose but the vmax just was more fun than your suppose to have .

Loved my 1998 Standard Valk, many miles and many smiles. I tried the new Valkyrie also, didn't like the look, it was a fun ride though.

Madmax
10-17-2014, 12:46 PM
If mother Honda is listening as other have stated , I will reiterate removable side pods on the F6B .
I'm not sure what honda was thinking when they redesigned the Valkyrie , why hide the motor its piece of living chrome art ... I'm not picking on the Valkyrie but looks much like suzuki had a flop with the 2008 B-king .

srt8-in-largo
10-17-2014, 07:47 PM
What's a side pod?

Madmax
10-20-2014, 07:35 AM
The plastic side bags ... it would be awesome if they were removable .

srt8-in-largo
10-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Ah, got it. Why would it be awesome?

My K1200 had removable bags, and I kinda enjoyed changing the look of the bike by removing the bags, but I never really understood why they were removable. Maybe when touring and you had your clothes packed in there you could bring the sidebag into the hotel like a suitcase or something.

valkmc
10-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Ah, got it. Why would it be awesome?

My K1200 had removable bags, and I kinda enjoyed changing the look of the bike by removing the bags, but I never really understood why they were removable. Maybe when touring and you had your clothes packed in there you could bring the sidebag into the hotel like a suitcase or something.

That is the reason I took my C-14 on my Florida to Alaska trip. Real easy to pull the bags off and carry them into the hotel room or tent.

hiflyer
10-21-2014, 11:30 AM
That is the reason I took my C-14 on my Florida to Alaska trip. Real easy to pull the bags off and carry them into the hotel room or tent.

Not as easy as this thing with wheels and a retractable handle.

srt8-in-largo
10-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Whoa... nice bag... how'd you get that F6B logo on there? It looks like custom embroidery...

hiflyer
10-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Whoa... nice bag... how'd you get that F6B logo on there? It looks like custom embroidery...

Steve 0 was selling some patches last year, bought several, have one on my jacket too.

valkmc
10-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Not as easy as this thing with wheels and a retractable handle.

Very true, that is good looking bag and seems to be much larger that the bags on the C-14, however they do look like they are made for the bike.