PDA

View Full Version : Ok can some one please explain the Rear Shock Adjustment !

fl1madmax
10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
seems like no matter when I adjust the Shocks in rear its HARD, I have owner 3 gold wings and they rode like a DREAM, why can't I get my F6B to ride like that......
Firm or Soft it feels the same !!!!!!

wantone
10-13-2014, 05:50 PM
seems like no matter when I adjust the Shocks in rear its HARD, I have owner 3 gold wings and they rode like a DREAM, why can't I get my F6B to ride like that......
Firm or Soft it feels the same !!!!!!

IDK but after the ride yesterday my lower neck is in pain. I can feel every lil bump in the road from front end. I'm a short rider and ordered 1"lower progressive monotubes. And seriously don't know what to do. I want to upgrade my suspension to Traxxion (front spring costs close to $200 and rear spring $500) but then I won't be flat foot at stop. If I go with progressive lower monotubes then I'll have flat foot but rough ride. It's driving me crazy and don't know which way to go. Only 200 miles yesterday and my neck is gone. I might send back those progressive and get Traxxion springs. I'm ok to be on tip toes when I'm at stop than have a rough ride.

Steve 0080
10-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I have the Progressive Lowering shock and have no issues on the front of the bike...as far as the rear..... turn the knob full lock to one end or the other...ride the bike ...adjust to the center...ride the bike....turn full lock to the other direction ...ride the bike.... see what is best for you. There was some talk back in 2013 that Honda put two differrent springs in the rear. Not sure this was proven or just speculation...Good Luck !!!

Texas TC
10-13-2014, 06:13 PM
I found that the adjuster at zero load position gives the softest ride. However, I have to give up some handling at that adjustment. I adjusted mine to a quarter load on the scale. It takes the looseness out of the frame but does make for a firmer ride. We have a lot of road construction going on in North Texas and without adjusting the load, I was being routed all over the road due to redirected construction lanes and grooves in the road. It is much better with a quarter load.

Scotrod
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
IDK but after the ride yesterday my lower neck is in pain. I can feel every lil bump in the road from front end. I'm a short rider and ordered 1"lower progressive monotubes. And seriously don't know what to do. I want to upgrade my suspension to Traxxion (front spring costs close to $200 and rear spring $500) but then I won't be flat foot at stop. If I go with progressive lower monotubes then I'll have flat foot but rough ride. It's driving me crazy and don't know which way to go. Only 200 miles yesterday and my neck is gone. I might send back those progressive and get Traxxion springs. I'm ok to be on tip toes when I'm at stop than have a rough ride.

You mentioned neck several times,,,, What risers do you have?

wantone
10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
You mentioned neck several times,,,, What risers do you have?

I've kuryakyn risers just installed.