PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question.

zeus661
10-14-2014, 11:33 AM
So I bought my F6B in July of this year. Had an accident in mid September. Dealer repaired bike and is delivering it to me because I am injured and unable to ride. Dealer says they warrant their work for 90 days. I will not be able to ride it during those 90 days because I am still mending.

Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair? I saw the bike, it looks great, and they said they took it for a ride.

Thoughts?

bigbird
10-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair?

The 3 year Honda warranty covers the manufacturer's defects, not the dealer's repairs to non-warranty items.

F6BPDX
10-14-2014, 11:43 AM
So I bought my F6B in July of this year. Had an accident in mid September. Dealer repaired bike and is delivering it to me because I am injured and unable to ride. Dealer says they warrant their work for 90 days. I will not be able to ride it during those 90 days because I am still mending.

Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair? I saw the bike, it looks great, and they said they took it for a ride.

Thoughts?

I would almost guarantee it would NOT, simply based on none of the repairs having anything to do with Honda's workmanship. I would talk to the shop and explain your situation, if they are a good shop I would hope they would accommodate that time frame.

Steve 0080
10-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Or, get someone you know to ride it and make sure it seems ok.....then hope!!!!

shooter
10-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Regardless of what the dealer says your insurance company will make them stand behind it longer than that. Speak to your agent about it.

FF-Ed
10-14-2014, 02:28 PM
speaking of insurance, your from Ohio, I can't believe they didn't total your bike for that accident.

Ohio is renowned for totaling bikes with minor damage.

Ohio will total a bike if the clutch and brake handles break in a accident.

I would be Jones'ing for a 2015 with cruise...:shrug:

bigben64
10-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Zeus661, You stated in another thread you had Progressive. If your Honda dealer was a Progressive approved shop you are covered for the life of the bike. As long as you are the original owner. At least that how it works on their commercial side of their insurance.