PDA

View Full Version : Winter storage ideas?

zeus661
10-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I am not looking for how to prep the bike but rather protecting it from bumps in my garage. In the past I kept my Valkyrie in front of a car in my double garage. I would put the right side against the front wall. That left enough room for a car also.

I have moved to a new house with a smaller two car garage. I plan on putting the F6B in the same location in this garage.

I am looking for ideas on how to avoid running the saddle bags into the walls. Maybe placing something around them to protect them? Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

bob109
10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
I had a similar problem! I remedied it by parking my bike in Florida for six months:icon_lol:

shooter
10-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Zues hang a tennis ball from the ceiling so it hits your windshield of your vehicle when you are in the right distance. I hang it from some nylon string where it hits in the middle by the rear view mirror. You can drill a hole in the ball. Park the car , mark the spot and hang the ball.

Hornblower
10-19-2014, 12:01 PM
I use these:

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44442-AccuPark/dp/B000EDUUIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413738013&sr=8-1&keywords=car+stop

Scotrod
10-19-2014, 01:40 PM
hang a tennis ball - hits in the middle by the rear view mirror.

My truck has 2 wishy washy squirters sticking up out of the hood,,, Takes a while to dial it all in, but super EZ to park 'dead-nut' where ya want,,, left right forward back,,,

Now, the :paintnails:, in her Mustang,,,,,,,,,,

Nothing through the hood so rigged it up to stop when the ball hits the shield,,, She tends to keep on driving forward even after the ball makes contact,,, :icon_doh:

opas ride
10-19-2014, 02:47 PM
I guess all of us that live in areas that have lousy, cold and wet winters could move to the West Coast, or somewhere that allows year round riding...I am too old to leave Michigan, so I guess I will put the F6B away soon for the winter....Full tank of fuel, some gas stabilizer, battery tender and a warm blanket and see her next spring!!..."Winter sucks"...

JackB
10-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I use a 4x4 to stop the car tire and a 1x6 against the wall, under the bike and against the 4x4 so it doesn't move.

choptop
10-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a handy lift so it will be up in da air,have to find a good spot for the Bushtec though.

Navvet
10-20-2014, 11:20 AM
and ride all year long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Primo
10-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Reclaim some of your hard earned tax dollars and "borrow" a couple traffic cones back from your city or state.

"Borrow" the tall ones and place them between your bike and vehicle. Once they start tipping back from your bumper you will know when to stop.

Oh and be sure to return the "borrowed" cones once things warm up :icon_wink: