PDA

View Full Version : Prices in AU

cosborn
10-19-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm in the process of figuring out the best comms system for me and my passenger. Went out this morning and for interest sake priced the 'Junction lead headset' part 08B70-MJG-670 for my passenger. Wait for it.

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE PRICE, LEAD ONLY, IN AU...........

$413.55 au = $362 US

I'm going with the Sena SMH10 - The whole thing for rider and passenger is cheaper than the Honda lead. Is it any wonder we buy overseas!

Chris

Denisr
10-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Went down the Senah SMH10 road myself and it works really well.

Spewey Griffin
10-19-2014, 09:22 PM
I emailed my Dealer on the Gold Coast who I'm buying my bike through for a price on supplying and fitting the 12v power socket in the left cubby, when they put the bike together.

They've been pretty good so far with the sale, but I think they're getting use to the response on 'extras' as I haven't heard anything back yet. Probably a bit tired of hearing....."errrrrrr, no thanks".

I guess that's the problem when we've got a very small closed shop of OEM Dealers and 'Industry' is almost limited to Kangaroo Nutsack purses. I'll be looking O/S for all extras. From experience with other items they turn up quicker anyway coming from O/S.

terrydj
01-26-2015, 01:52 AM
If a Comms system is an intercom system ??? don't muck around. I've been on the road on a bike for 40 years and tried heaps of em that all went in the bin except one.
Autocom is the go and never fails

http://autocom.co.uk/

You can run anything you want through it and at any speed clear communications with your pillion. Have talked to my pillion at near 180MPH on my Blackbird without a problem.
I currently run my GPS, Mp3, UHF CB and phone all without a problem and have done for years.
My one hint is, get the Autocom hamburger with the lot.
The wired up one not the bluetooth. So what that you have to hook up, your using the best. You never have to recharge. You cant lose it. No one can steel it. Get the best and you never look back.:icon_cool:

Navvet
01-26-2015, 05:22 AM
I went with the Sena SMH-10 2 years ago and have been very happy with it.

Most of the time my wife rides her own bike and this allows us to communicate without any problems.

My brother has the same system and and joins in the conversation when riding with us.

I am getting ready to upgrade to the SMH 20's this summer, then I will mount the 10's to regular headsets. This way my wife and I can communicate while one of us rides and the other drives the "toyhauler" .....

cosborn
01-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Yep, i've had autocom for many years, although an older cable run job and i've found it great but this time i've decided to go with Sena based on the recommendations of a number of forum members coupled with the fact that i think it's time to go bluetooth.

SENA, i love it. not too expensive and works like a charm.

Each too their own, I have a brand new late model Autocom that is still in the box

Chris

:icon_razz:

RickW
01-30-2015, 05:47 AM
We ship to Australia just about every day, using the mail system pretty much for everything. We have several thousand Australian customers.
For lighter weight items especially it is quite reasonable for shipping.
If you have questions about any parts just email. We should be able to fix you up on just about everything except something like a seat or exhaust, which the shipping is outrageous on to Australia.