PDA

View Full Version : RIVCO Products

Phantom
05-08-2013, 09:02 PM
RIVCO will be producing the Aero Pegs in Anodized Silver, Anodized Black and Chrome

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?printable=Y&productid=818&cat=10&page=1&js=n

micky_foccer
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Ordered mine today :)

cwjj2001
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I ordered a set of the black pair yesterday!

micky_foccer
05-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Mine will be the black as well.

gamersince1976
05-19-2013, 09:53 PM
I actually tried calling Rivco about a week ago just to see if there was a firmer date. The website used to say shipping by the end of July - I see that it now says "Available 7/2013", which is essentially the same thing. Unsurprisingly, they couldn't elaborate on the date - though they did confirm that all 3 colors should be available at the same time (unlike Cobra's black powder coated 6-2-6 pipes :banghead:)

Now I just have to decide if I want to black or the chrome. I kind of like the chrome accents. But blackout is cool too. Decisions, decisions...

Phantom
06-26-2013, 06:00 PM
SEVERAL new products in the Rivco pipeline under development, very exciting.

Stay tuned :clap2:

Cool Hand Luke
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Just received mine today! Black pegs, of course. Will post pictures when installed.

micky_foccer
06-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Will receive by end of day today :)

Cool Hand Luke
06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Just put them on and tried them. Excellent workmanship, great comfort. There are 3 different positions possible, I installed mine in the furthest setting. This allows me to completely stretch my legs forward. Easy to fold when not needed while riding, somewhat more difficult to open them up during riding. I think they should have a small notch in the back to facilitate opening with your foot while riding, but still not a deal breaker.

Also the pegs will not limit cornering clearance as they are mounted high enough, although they should be folded when riding aggressive, just in case. Another bonus is that your legs are not resting against the engine while using, your legs will only rest against the bottom side fairing.

All in all, very nice and unique product, looks like they are stock, beautifully integrated. Installation was a breeze, took me about 15 minutes for both sides. I hope this helps anyone interested.

BLACKBETTY12
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Just received mine today! Black pegs, of course. Will post pictures when installed.

Did you order direct from Rivco? I normally order from Wingstuff, but can't seem to find them on the site.

Cool Hand Luke
06-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes, I ordered them directly from Rivco's website.

bobbyf6b
06-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm confused by the pics. The left side shows 1 out of 2 mounting bolts and the right side shows 2 out of 2. Are these bolted on?

Cool Hand Luke
06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm confused by the pics. The left side shows 1 out of 2 mounting bolts and the right side shows 2 out of 2. Are these bolted on?

I just used chewing gum to hold them in place...:icon_mrgreen:

Good eye. Both side valve covers are uneven length, the left side being longer. Pegs are mount in the exact same location on both sides, however on right peg is between the bolts while on left it overlaps forward bolt. It is normal.

Phantom
06-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Both side valve covers are uneven length, the left side being longer.

Valve covers should be the same size, one side will be off-set because 1st, 3rd and 5th cylinders are slightly more forward than 2nd, 4th and 6th cylinders on the opposite side. :icon_cool::yes:

I am nowhere near my Bike to see which 3 cylinders (left or right side) sit more forward than the opposite side.

The difference should be the width of the piston shaft collar. Approximately between 3/4" - 1"

bobbyf6b
06-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Interesting. Everything is so symmetrical on this bike I didn't even look twice at the valve covers to see if they're different. Thanks for the info! :shock:

So what's on the fuel lock? Looks like a knob that opens the door without a key.

Cool Hand Luke
06-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Interesting. Everything is so symmetrical on this bike I didn't even look twice at the valve covers to see if they're different. Thanks for the info! :shock:

So what's on the fuel lock? Looks like a knob that opens the door without a key.

That's correct, I made a key knob as per instructions found elsewhere on this forum. Short story, at Home Depot key axxis 27r (for Honda Civic) fits our bikes, costs couple of bucks to make, than I bought a door handle at Autozone at glued the key in it (cutting it to fit right). It fits both fuel door lock and glove storage lock, but cannot start the bike as key is not long enough. It also won't unlock saddlebags, I need to make another key for that.

When I took the chrome valve cover strips off, the left one is a bit longer than the right one.

Phantom
06-30-2013, 10:11 PM

:icon_cool::yes:

I should have looked at the above images before posting earlier.

If you enlarge the top right image posted above (the view from the passenger seat looking forward) you will see that at the bottom of the front fairing closest to the Rider on both sides shows the difference between the two cylinder heads, the left is further back than the right side.

Kawi69
08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Just put them on and tried them. Excellent workmanship, great comfort. There are 3 different positions possible, I installed mine in the furthest setting. This allows me to completely stretch my legs forward. Easy to fold when not needed while riding, somewhat more difficult to open them up during riding. I think they should have a small notch in the back to facilitate opening with your foot while riding, but still not a deal breaker.

Also the pegs will not limit cornering clearance as they are mounted high enough, although they should be folded when riding aggressive, just in case. Another bonus is that your legs are not resting against the engine while using, your legs will only rest against the bottom side fairing.

All in all, very nice and unique product, looks like they are stock, beautifully integrated. Installation was a breeze, took me about 15 minutes for both sides. I hope this helps anyone interested.

Hey Cool Hand, Where did you get the F6B lettering thats on both side's and front of your bike. Could you tell how to get them. Thank's Kawi69:icon_lol:

Cool Hand Luke
08-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey Cool Hand, Where did you get the F6B lettering thats on both side's and front of your bike. Could you tell how to get them. Thank's Kawi69:icon_lol:

The chrome letters on sides of bike I bought at Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts store, not sure which one, I have both in my town. They were stock items displayed on the rack right next to license frames. About $1 a piece.

The black letters on front of bike as well smaller chrome letters on the back of bike I ordered from internet: www.chromecarletters.com

Black ones are 1" Mercedes Benz Gunblack Style, while rear chrome ones are 3/4" Basic Style Small. You purchase them each, inexpensive, and they all have double sided tape on the back, just like the OEM ones.

Kawi69
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks Cool Hand I'll give them a try. Keep the rubber side down!!!!!!1 :icon_razz:

BLACKBETTY12
09-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Any discounts being forum members? 10, 15, or 20% off? Just asking before I order.

Hornblower
09-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks to Rivco for helping support the first annual F6B rally in Franklin. I won the $50 gift certificate and will be using that toward something really nice from Rivco. Thanks again, Rivco! :clap2:

CarolinaRider
09-02-2013, 02:28 PM
I am also inquiring about any discounts to forum members

CarolinaRider
09-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I am wondering how the fit is on these and any adjustments.

I only have a 28" inseam. Will I be able to reach them?

Any Help?

WingStuff
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Did you order direct from Rivco? I normally order from Wingstuff, but can't seem to find them on the site.

BlackBetty, we would love to carry these on our site and plan to put them up soon, but there are currently delays from the manufacturer and we want to be sure there will be no delays shipping the Highway Pegs to our customers. If you would like to order them from us you are more than welcome to, but there will be a short delay shipping the item due to backorder from RIVCO. Let us know if you have any questions.

Bruce B
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I am wondering how the fit is on these and any adjustments.

I only have a 28" inseam. Will I be able to reach them?

Any Help?

I have a 30" inseam and have my Rivco pegs in the most rearward of the three possible positions. My Rick Mayer seat has me about 1/2" to 1" higher than stock but this probably makes little or no difference re: the pegs. With the pegs in this position, I sit, feet on the pegs, with about a 20 to 30 degree bend at the knees. The middle position on the pegs almost straightens out my knees which, to me, is not as comfortable. With a 28 inch inseam I'd guess that your legs would have little or no bend at the knees, even if the Rivco pegs were placed as far rearward as possible. It might even be a stretch to reach them. You might want to look at the Kury Ergo II's with the 6 inch arm on them. Could have them powder coated if you wanted. Also, the adjustable Kury Ergo III will be available in gloss black. They may or may not yet be available. I stopped following their projected availability dates after I got the Rivco's.