PDA

View Full Version : Best Grips

SoCal Rich
10-20-2014, 02:46 PM
I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips and now regret it. Had them on my Vulcan and loved them. But on the F6B I get too much vibration. I've added the grip end weights, even added some lead into the small empty space in the grip end weights, but still get numb hands at certain speeds.

I'm thinking about buying and reinstalling the OEM grips with the big grip end weights, but thought I'd first ask the group for recommendations. Any after market grips you truly love that eliminate vibrations?

Thanks in advance, folks!!!

bob109
10-20-2014, 03:13 PM
I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips and now regret it. Had them on my Vulcan and loved them. But on the F6B I get too much vibration. I've added the grip end weights, even added some lead into the small empty space in the grip end weights, but still get numb hands at certain speeds.

I'm thinking about buying and reinstalling the OEM grips with the big grip end weights, but thought I'd first ask the group for recommendations. Any after market grips you truly love that eliminate vibrations?

For what its worth I have used the stock grips with "Grip Puppies" since day one. Great feeling with little if any vibration and a snap to install! I'm on my second pair as I wore the first pair out.

Here's my original "thread" on the subject!
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?430-Grip-Puppies

Navvet
10-20-2014, 03:25 PM
My brother gave me a set of Grip Puppies, I just put them on and they are great ...

Steve 0080
10-20-2014, 03:36 PM
My brother gave me a set of Grip Puppies, I just put them on and they are great ...

+2 I have almost worn out a set and have one waiting!!!!

bigbird
10-20-2014, 04:30 PM
I had grip puppies on my Silverwing. I needed them, as the 2 cyl parallel twin, even with counterbalancing, made the stock grips buzz and tingle after a half hour. The 'B on the other hand, with its smooth-as-silk engine, has never given me the least bit of hand tingling or fatigue. I like the stock grips.

XKnight
10-20-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm perfectly satisfied with the stock OEM grips. I always wear gloves though.

DaWadd
10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I also like the stock grips. Took a bit of getting use to the narrower style because I had bigger grips on my other bikes.:039:

Injun Joe
10-20-2014, 07:00 PM
I actually liked the feel of the unheated grips better than the heated ones for some reason. That being said, I'm enjoying the heated grips very much as fall progresses. I find I'm using them on low when it's only in the low 60s sometimes.

SCMike
10-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I've never felt much vibration on the F6B, but I didn't like the skinnier grips as opposed to my VTX. I put a pair of shark skins on, and I've been extremely happy with them. Turned the heat on the grips this past weekend and felt it through the shark skins and gloves.

six2go
10-21-2014, 09:12 AM
For what its worth I have used the stock grips with "Grip Puppies" since day one. Great feeling with little if any vibration and a snap to install! I'm on my second pair as I wore the first pair out.

Here's my original "thread" on the subject!
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?430-Grip-Puppies
bob109, Do you have a link to California Sport Touring's website? I have ordered from them in the past(Puppies for my V-Strom) but now when I try to access the site all I get is a page for a motorcycle service location with no link to internet sales. Are they still selling online? Thanks for the help!

opas ride
10-21-2014, 09:37 AM

Vibration in the hand grips on a F6B??..Ridden a few GW's and now my F6B with Kuryakyn grips and never ever experienced any vibration in the grips at any speed!!..I have the larger ones that fit over the stock heated grips and they work great for me...Sure you don't have some other issues in the front causing the bar vibrations...??

bob109
10-21-2014, 09:48 AM
bob109, Do you have a link to California Sport Touring's website? I have ordered from them in the past(Puppies for my V-Strom) but now when I try to access the site all I get is a page for a motorcycle service location with no link to internet sales. Are they still selling online? Thanks for the help!

Encountered the same problem trying to access CST website!

Here's another source/vendor! I bought 4 pair GP's and received a discount.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/product.sc?productId=1067&categoryId=103

six2go
10-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Encountered the same problem trying to access CST website!

Here's another source/vendor! I bought 4 pair GP's and received a discount.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/product.sc?productId=1067&categoryId=103

Thank you Sir!

Kirkster1520
10-21-2014, 02:57 PM
I added Grip Puppies to my F6B as well. I had them on my BMW also. I have larger hands so I prefer how they make the grip bigger plus they are quite comfortable. Love'em.

98valk
10-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I put on foam grips and didn't quite like the feel of them. They were too soft - made me grip too hard.

So, I covered them with a piece of bicycle inner tube. The inner tube is a bi!ch to put on, but the grippy feel is much better.

It also packs the foam and bit for a more solid feel with just some "cush". So, they are softer and thicker than stock and firmer and thinner than just foam.

Also, the heated hand grips work better than with straight foam.

bobbyf6b
10-21-2014, 11:38 PM
I remember someone talking about grip covers that velcro'd on. Anyone know where to find those?

bobbyf6b
10-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Found it.

http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddies.com/SUPER-SHARK-Original-Grip-Buddies-OGB-BE-SS.htm

I just ordered some. I have the Kury grip covers but with winter coming I want to feel the heat better.

SoCal Rich
10-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Vibration in the hand grips on a F6B??..Ridden a few GW's and now my F6B with Kuryakyn grips and never ever experienced any vibration in the grips at any speed!!..I have the larger ones that fit over the stock heated grips and they work great for me...Sure you don't have some other issues in the front causing the bar vibrations...??

Ya know, that's a good point. I'm thinking I should get it checked out before I go changing stuff. But, I think it's more from engine vibration than from front end.

SoCal Rich
10-31-2014, 08:57 PM
So, I bought stick-on lead weight strips and wrapped them around the Kuryakyn grip end weights. Then, I wrapped it all neatly using black rescue tape (amazing stuff!). Took care of the problem and looks ok too. Voila! :lolup:

Joflewbyu2
12-06-2017, 06:24 PM
I have a set of Show Chrome heated grips with their heavy chrome bar ends. The larger grip fits my big hands and they add a little bling to the "Bee" (my pearl yellow F6B). With the Show Chrome grips, chrome Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust and the chrome Kuryakyn cubby, the bike looks sharp !! At least to my eye.

olegoat345
12-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Have you checked you tire balance? I have kury, no vibration. Remove all the lead, ad 1oz of beads in front tire; 2oz in rear tire, good to go

ReserveBum
12-09-2017, 01:31 PM
foamies from Shinhopples. Low price, work great. Buy about 3 -4 pair every three/four years. I'll put them on in Apr/May after the cold goes away then take them off in Oct so the heated grips work better. Although Jeff (ZZ) punched holes in his so the heated grips work better with them on.

2wheelsforme
12-10-2017, 11:34 AM
I really like the OEM skinny grips. I have the grip puppies on another bike and really like them but they are larger and I prefer the small diameter. They do wear out fast but are inexpensive and easy to replace. Had the Kuryakyn ISO grips on another bike long ago and really disliked them, they get sticky after a while and I grew to hate touching the nasty rubber. Plus you see them on so many bikes they are common as dirt.