PDA

View Full Version : No longer with Honda

xzvs
10-21-2014, 11:02 PM
yes we parted ways -- still have the F6 (and will for a long time) but could not put up with the status quo. I now ironically work on pretty much everything else -- yet still lots of honda's

Trike lady
10-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Will you be starting your own shop? People are always looking for good technicians to work on their bikes old or new.

xzvs
10-22-2014, 07:29 AM
no, went to another shop that carries multiple lines

Injun Joe
10-22-2014, 08:43 AM
yes we parted ways -- still have the F6 (and will for a long time) but could not put up with the status quo. I now ironically work on pretty much everything else -- yet still lots of honda's

Well if I ever get relocated to New Orleans as is my dream, I'll look you up as a mechanic no matter which shop you're at.

srt8-in-largo
10-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Status quo? What was the problem?

Hey you might know the answer to this... what's a good scanner/logger that'll read from the DLC data link connector... and what data is available to view?

I want to look at ignition timing and injector pulse width.

xzvs
10-23-2014, 11:48 PM
I liked working for and with Honda's -- however my service manager felt that making a living wage was for other people and I took a contract job fixing fed ex trucks over night. I gave the dealer a year and a half to turn it around -- finished my contract with fed ex and moved on to a multiline dealer in town . While we do not carry Honda we do service all makes and models (even got a victory on my rack today as well as 2 wings).Srt -- for the most part we are using the blink codes to diagnose the wings -- there are no go fast mods on the market sept for mufflers, and the o2 sensors should adjust pulse width just fine. There is no OBDII standard on bikes-- which means I do not know of any usb based programs / scanners that will work. About all that goes out on the wings is the RH knock sensor. Honda is very selective about who knows what.

srt8-in-largo
10-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks XZ... I hope things work out for ya and that you stick around on the forum.

bigbird
10-25-2014, 02:48 PM
About all that goes out on the wings is the RH knock sensor.

I wonder why just the RH knock sensor?
Does the connector break or does the actual sensor fail?
Very curious.