PDA

View Full Version : One more windshield

F6B1911
10-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Ok, I went over budget on windshield purchases.
I had the OEM vented tall windshield installed before I took my F6B home from the dealer.
Then tried a few others, still not real happy.
My last bike was full faired and experienced no wind turbulence anywhere, but on the 6 I am still getting too much turbulence on the top of the helmet.
Now it's time for a Madstad.
So ... before I go down this road yet again, has anyone purchased the 13" shield then decided they needed the 15"?

Injun Joe
10-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Given what you're saying, wouldn't it make sense to default to as tall and wide as possible? And maybe some of those Baker Wing things too?

XKnight
10-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I haven't tried a Madstat, but am on my 4th windshield and have found that the National Cycle Vstream along with the hand wings did the trick for me. No more bad air/turbulence.

F6B1911
10-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Given what you're saying, wouldn't it make sense to default to as tall and wide as possible? And maybe some of those Baker Wing things too?

Yep, thats what I thought.
The thing about windshields is that it is not the type of product that is available in a local Honda dealer, can't see it, can't touch it, and can't sit on a floor model with one installed.
And what the heck, I've never started a windshield collection before!!

Thanks Injun Joe

DMAGOLDRDR
10-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Ok, I went over budget on windshield purchases.
I had the OEM vented tall windshield installed before I took my F6B home from the dealer.
Then tried a few others, still not real happy.
My last bike was full faired and experienced no wind turbulence anywhere, but on the 6 I am still getting too much turbulence on the top of the helmet.
Now it's time for a Madstad.
So ... before I go down this road yet again, has anyone purchased the 13" shield then decided they needed the 15"?

I had also put the Honda tall shield on and was not happy. So I went with the Madstad 13" but was still not completely happy. Too much noise and wind in the face for the cold here in New England. I ride all year and wanted to keep the cold off my face, so I exchanged the 13 for a 15. Now i can slide it up enough to stop all wind in my face when the temps drop and have a very quiet ride at highway speeds.
I can move it down and just see over it when I want or need.
Pretty much happy now but may get an 11 or 13 to switch back and forth when the summer comes back around.

royr
10-23-2014, 05:02 AM
I am 5'11"-6' with a 30 inseam. I was happy with the 13" and a 60 degree angle.

GiddyupF6B
10-23-2014, 06:00 AM
It took me 4 windshields until I found the one I was happy with. You should be able to sell the ones you don't want anymore if they're in good shape. I sold 2 and gave one away.

F4 Customs
10-23-2014, 01:20 PM
F4 Customs manufactures 4 different heights of F6B shields in clear and tint. These are offered in vent and non-vent models. We can also custom cut one to the height that you want and we have the Baker Air Wings (a nice addition to the ride) in stock. Give us a call and lets talk about what best fits your needs and riding style.
Don
330-968-4644

imported_NMRed
10-25-2014, 10:20 PM
+1 on the Madstad. I'm 6'0" with a 32" inseam. I have the 15" Madstad and Baker hand wings and NO airflow problems. I can still see over the top of the shield even if I slouch down so far it's uncomfortable.

Mustangjake
10-25-2014, 10:22 PM
You can't go wrong with the 18 inch F4 Custom! I will put it in one word so it's easy for u guys
(AWESOME)

PS: yes I did buy it after 4 others 'gw-smiley'

4bobo
10-26-2014, 12:37 AM
I bought the F4 from Don and he was able to get me a clear vented windshield that is 4 inches wider and 23 inches from seal to top.

I will report once it is installed but I feel really good about it.

I am 6' 6" but only have a 33 inch inseam so I need the extra height.

Call Don and he will hook you up--he will answer your questions without trying to sell you anything.

Rcx
10-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Running a f4 +4 and is 2 in wider than stock goldwing shield - love it -what a difference from stock shield- before was to torture to ride - now all good -haven't had it over 100 but very stable .93969396