PDA

View Full Version : Any Long Island / NYC F6B riders out there?

pvmarcon
10-22-2014, 08:20 PM
The Celtic Motorcycle Club based in the Bronx is having their annual Fall Foliage Run this Sunday Oct 26. I've been doing this ride for the last 20 years or so. Always a good one with great food at the end back at their clubhouse. Check it out celticmcc.com

F6B-RICH
10-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Enjoy your ride 'riding' on your new toy .batman-smilie.

pvmarcon
10-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks Rich Great Bike! Many compliments everywhere I go

TomG
10-23-2014, 09:22 PM
I was looking where to ride this weekend, maybe I will head to the Bronx for the ride.

53driver
10-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Western NJ, Northern PA is very nice if you have a day to spend......

F6B-RICH
10-23-2014, 10:35 PM
I have a ride on Saturday if any one wants to join.So far about 30 riders are going.We meet in Englewood NJ route 4 diner.PM me if you want more details .batman-smilie.

richw56
10-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Hey, TomG - we're practically neighbors - I'm in Massapequa.

Pvmarcon - I haven't been up to the Celtic clubhouse in quite a while. Maybe this weekend will be a good time to get there again, and make the ride. I posted it up on my club's site, too. It's competing with another club's run here on LI for us, though.

TomG
10-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Great, let me know if your riding this weekend. I would like to meet up if possible

pvmarcon
10-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Tom, Im a member of South Shore MC in Amityville. We will be meeting there at 815 Sunday to do Celtic ride. All are welcome to join us. Making a stop ay Bayside Marina on Cross Island Parkway at 9am to meet west end and Queens members before proceeding over bridge to the Bronx.

richw56
10-24-2014, 07:50 PM
TomG -
Sounds great. We'll keep in touch and get some riding in soon, whether with Celtic on Sunday, or otherwise. I'm with the LI VTX Riders, clubhouse in Bayshore. Funny thing - we took the name when most of us rode VTXs - but even as the club grew and guys changed rides, we never changed the name.

Pvmarcon -
This is amazing. I know your club, and we've probably bumped into one another somewhere along the line. Believe it or not, I've been Richie's next door neighbor for about eight years now! I remember very well the Hayabusa with the extended swingarm and the nitrous attachment he was running with until he switched to three wheels a little while back. I assume he's still running with you guys. I'll talk to him tomorrow - if he's making the foliage ride on Sunday, I'll try even harder to clear the schedule and join you guys, and maybe get some of my guys to come along, too (I already posted it on our site a couple of days ago, although as I had said, some of my guys are already engaged on a different ride this Sunday). Looking forward to catching up with you soon.
- Rich (yeah, same name as my next door neighbor)

pvmarcon
10-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Richie told me about you and your F6b LOL I used to race with Richie on my 2000 ZX12 which I still have and will never sell. Used to kill him and most other Busas until he cammed and nitroused it and added air shifter and stretch LOL My Zx12 is a freak to ride. Run the hell out of it 52000 miles and runs like the day I bought it, Great Machine my favorite. F6B whole different world ,but very nice to hit backroads on with wife in comfort and style. May soon overtake the Kawi as my favorite. Hope to meet you and some of the VTX guys Sunday or another time.