PDA

View Full Version : Scene Design P3 Tail/Brake Lights - Visibility Improvements

tmac99
10-23-2014, 11:31 AM
I recently installed a pair of P3 lights from Skene Design (http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml). I had previously installed the passenger back rest riser available from forum member Steve 0080 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111460674686...84.m1555.l2649)., and I installed the P3 lights on that riser.

The P3 lights function as running, brake, and turn signals (optional). They are very bright and I think improve the visibility quite a bit. (of course, the very wide red butt on the fast red model is already pretty visible, but every little bit helps).

The lights have a flicker by design in all modes. The flicker is a specific frequency such that it is very apparent out of your peripheral vision, but is not apparent when looking straight at the lights (hopefully this will get the attention of drivers not already looking at me, but not annoy them when they are stopped behind me at the lights). They also have a flashing pattern when the brakes are applied. There are several options available, but the default is four fast flashes, flour slow flashes, then solid. This flashing really gets the attention of those following.

The install was easy EXCEPT I chose to remove the seat to allow me to run the wires from the backrest a little easier. I wish I hadn't done that. As has been well documented, it was tough to get the seat reinstalled correctly, even though I already had the special "improved" seat bolts from Wingstuff. I will avoid pulling the seat in the future unless it's really necessary. The rest of the install was a breeze, all wires and connections are included in the package from Skene (uses Positaps).

I have attached a few photos for comparison - all photos were taken with the same settings on my iPhone so they can be compared side by side for brightness.

Skene P3 lights on the backrest riser

For comparison, the standard running lights

P3 lights as running lights

Standard brake lights

P3 lights as brake lights

Steve 0080
10-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Oh No !!!!! More lights...Great as most know I am QFL..... great add on and the riser looks great as well... Thanks for posting !!!!