PDA

View Full Version : BlueTooth Headsets???

Ridlikhel
10-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Guys and gals, I would like to know who uses the blue tooth headsets and how are they working out for you.

I'm looking for something that my wife and I can use to listen to music and talk to each other with.

Listening and taking notes.

Jim

Steve 0080
10-28-2014, 07:40 PM
If you choose you can do a search for this topic..there are a few threads.....

srt8-in-largo
10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I'd like to find a Bluetooth link for the audio system; being tethered with earphone cables is getting old.

Mastergunny
10-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I wear a Nolan and its made to accept the N-Com Bluetooth package. You can get the N-com for one our two helmets. Nice design. I installed the microphone, headset and the Bluetooth control in about 15 minutes. I have had it installed for a week and am very happy. Easy to listen to my iPhone 5 (Pandora or Spotify) and it auto mutes the music for incoming calls. Easy to make hands free calls, by pressing the controller and telling Siri who I want to call.

I plan to buy a Bluetooth transmitter for my iPod. Anyone have a suggestion on what will pug and play for that?

Steve 0080
10-28-2014, 11:11 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1212-What-headset-to-buy&highlight=Blue+tooth

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3960-iPhone-6-compatibility&highlight=bluetooth

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3412-DIN-to-3-5mm-jack&highlight=bluetooth

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1828-Need-audiophile-help-please&highlight=bluetooth

kjelders
10-29-2014, 08:28 AM
I bought the Sena for the wife and I. We used it on our 5,200 miles trip in 2013. I paired my phone to my garmin zumo 660, then paired the zumo to the sena. This allowed me to hear the gps voice prompts, music, and telephone. I paired my wife's headset to her iphone so she could listen to her own music ,Ebooks, and make calls. Then both headsets were paired together for intercom. The headsets worked great. The battery lasted all day, 12 hours on some days.

tmac99
10-29-2014, 10:16 AM
I have pretty much exactly the same setup as KJElders using SMH10 and a Garmin Zumo and iPhones. My wife and I really like it. The intercom is clear, with very little wind noise and I like being able to control the music and Siri right from my helmet control. I would definitely recommend the SMH10s as a good choice.

F6BPDX
10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Add another check mark to the SMH10 camp. Mine works great and I have used it for 18 months now, in Portland, riding year round. It has been soaked numerous times, it never drops connection with my iPhone. I love mine.

veltex
11-02-2014, 08:36 AM
We have a set of the Cardo Scala rider g9s for bike to bike communication and they work great when on the same bike as well, I dont know about the Bluetooth as Ive never tried it but a buddy has it linked to his phone and gps and he like them as well.

DJL951
11-02-2014, 08:46 AM
My wife and I use the Scala Q1 Teamset. Comes with 2 complete sets for rider passenger comms. Connects to bluetooth for music and phone calls, the Q1 has built in radio as well. You can then use your phones navigation for voice directions.

Steve 0080
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
We have a set of the Cardo Scala rider g9s for bike to bike communication and they work great when on the same bike as well, I dont know about the Bluetooth as Ive never tried it but a buddy has it linked to his phone and gps and he like them as well.

Your missing what a great product you have...link that to your phone and GPS and you will love it !!!!

SCMike
11-03-2014, 12:10 AM
+1 on the SMH-10. I have them on my wife's helmet and mine. They work great for intercom, phone, and the audiobooks I love. My son's 25th birthday was yesterday, and I gave him one for his birthday. He installed it today and couldn't believe how well it works.

Ridlikhel
11-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Does the SMH-10 have to be used with a Boom, because I use a full face and would hate to have to jam that boom in and out all the time???

Any of you using the UCLEAR? A friend has the HBC200 and seems to like it a lot. Mic.s are built into the speakers, he says.

tmac99
11-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Ridlikhel - There is model that comes with a small wired microphone that is great for full face helmets. You want Part # SMH10-11 (or the Part # SMH10D-11 if you want a 2 pack of them). That model comes with a detachable boom or a small wired mic that is not on a boom, but can be velcroed (is that a word?) to the chin piece of a full face. I have one and it works great. Here is a photo from the Sena web site. The small microphone between the boom and the main unit is the microphone for full face helmets.

VP8
11-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Does the SMH-10 have to be used with a Boom, because I use a full face and would hate to have to jam that boom in and out all the time???

Any of you using the UCLEAR? A friend has the HBC200 and seems to like it a lot. Mic.s are built into the speakers, he says.

Rid, I've had the SMH-10 for the last couple of years and love it...sound quality and performance is awesome. Sena is constantly upgrading the firmware for the devices so it doesn't become obsolete as new Bluetooth technology is introduced. There is a new model Sena just came out with...the 20s...I've heard positive comments on that as well...but if you are simply looking to communicate up to four riders and listen to your music/navigation...then the SMH10 in my opinion is the best bang for the buck.

To improve on the audio quality and increase the bass of my speakers, I swapped out the sena speakers for the high-fidelity J&M speakers...MUCH better!!!

As for the UCLEAR...if I were you...I wouldn't go that route. I myself have never tried the UCLEAR, but I have a buddy that purchased a set for him and his wife. Wife and him got really frustrated with the system...wife almost took it off her helmet and chucked it because she couldn't communicate with him. I recommended the Sena SMH10 to them, he purchased it a set within minutes on Amazon, and has been super happy with them since. Wife enjoys it too and has not had one complaint about the Sena.

Brewdog
07-02-2016, 05:01 AM
I've used Bluetooth systems for 5 years. I had the Scala G9 set but have since upgraded to the SENA 20S set. The SENA is a far superior system in my opinion to the Scala system. The volume and clarity of communication is truly amazing with SENA. They have the best noise cancelling system I've seen. At 70 mph, the communication is clear with great volume. I've not used phone linking, music or GPS. Over time I will try these features. I bought a complete set on Amazon and had them in a couple days. Can't say enough about the quality. The 1.2 mile communication distance is line of sight. With that said, these cover a great distance.

Spy Hunter
07-02-2016, 06:05 AM
You might look at the Cardo Scala Packtalk Duo, has both a boom and button mic in the kit, very crisp and clear sound. I use them with OSHA-rated foam earbuds, cuts out a lot of road noise and buffeting. I introduced them at work for our respirator helmets and they worked so well the company ended up buying 70 pairs for the electricians and mechanics.

stevenolts
07-02-2016, 06:22 AM
I love my Sena SMH10!!! (I have connections for 4 helmets / you can get inexpensive)

For those of you that had the SMH10 and now have the newer Sens versions are they better? better sound etc...
I mainly use mine for stereo and GPS from the Android phone. I do not make phone calls or talk to other riders.
I would like to start using the phone / do you make calls with the voice activated dialing?

Sorry to steal the thread but I thought these questions would help the original poster also.
Steve

Amipro
07-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Went from the Scala G4 to the Sena 20s. Noticeable increase in quality of sound with the Sena. My wife's helmet has the boom mic but I opted to install the included wired mic. Attached with Velcro to chin guard of my full face helmet.
Use mainly for bike to bike, but have made bluetooth calls with it. Asked the caller if it sounded funny or garbled, they said that they couldn't tell I was doing 50mph on a motorcycle. Sounded like I was on a landline to them.

Not good when we try to conference one of the Scala G4's. Intermittent 3 way conversations at best. I think it has to do with the different versions of bluetooth.

Alys
07-02-2016, 10:43 AM
I am using scala G9x, easily connects with my i phone and other g9x on intercom. good product.

Deer Slayer
07-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Hornblower and I are running the Sena 20. Just remember line of sight for bike to bike.:cheers:

Kolsch
07-02-2016, 12:44 PM
I use the sens 20s, it does it all. You can get the pack set which is two of them for around $450.00. Well worth the money.

stevenolts
07-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Is it worth the switch from Sena SMH10 to the new Sena 20 version?
Steve

Hdnvn
07-05-2016, 04:08 AM
I have the Sena 10's with a Zumo 660 and an IPhone 6. i have discovered that when I have the GPS paired along WITH the iPhone I cannot get the voice response to the phone to work. If I take out the Zumo I can then use Siri on the phone for texting, etc. I realize the instructions pertaining to a second pairing , etc. I would like to know if anyone has run into this problem and the exact solution. I'm in touch with their support team but am getting fairly generic answers.

Hdnvn
07-05-2016, 04:14 AM
To improve on the audio quality and increase the bass of my speakers, I swapped out the sena speakers for the high-fidelity J&M speakers...MUCH better

Wait,...what? Do tell, how was this done? Does J&M sell this part specifically? Did you splice,solder,etc?