PDA

View Full Version : Odometer Poker Rules Poll

SuperBrace
10-29-2014, 12:09 PM
This poll refers to our Odometer Poker Contest here (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4116-SuperBrace-Odometer-Poker-Contest).

A rider brought up a valid point.
Should the odometer readings be used as-is, either miles or kilometers, just go with the number presented?
Or should all the readings be converted to miles, so there is a relative consistency with overall riding distance between riders?

Please vote and feel free to share your reasons for your answer.

bigbird
10-29-2014, 01:46 PM
"Or should all the readings be converted to miles, so there is a relative consistency with overall riding distance between riders?"

What consistency is required?

You're looking for an odometer reading, verified by a picture.
What difference does it make if those numbers are in km or miles? It's just an odometer reading.

If Spock sent in the Enterprise's odometer reading in warp years or parsecs, would you have to covert it to miles?
I'm sure Scotty could make good use of a SuperBrace.

In fact, if anything, since only the USA, Myanmar, and Liberia use miles for their odometers, perhaps all odometer readings in miles should be converted to kilometres "so there is a relative consistency with overall riding distance between riders" as you put it.

I'm a PITA, aren't I?

SuperBrace
10-29-2014, 02:01 PM
"Or should all the readings be converted to miles, so there is a relative consistency with overall riding distance between riders?"

What difference does it make if those numbers are in km or miles? It's just an odometer reading.

If Spock sent in the Enterprise's odometer reading in warp years or parsecs, would you have to covert it to miles?

In fact, if anything, since only the USA, Myanmar, and Liberia use miles for their odometers, perhaps all odometer readings in miles should be converted to kilometres "so there is a relative consistency with overall riding distance between riders" as you put it.

I'm a PITA, aren't I?

Regarding consistency, or should I say relative riding distance, if a rider rides 10,000 miles, it's more of a feat than a rider who rides 10,000 km. The thought was that a rider with a higher hand, actually earned that higher number with time in the saddle and should be rewarded in kind.

We're considering both options, will get back with a final rule before the contest ends.

Injun Joe
10-29-2014, 02:07 PM
It's just digits. We could roll Yahtzee dice...

SuperBrace
10-29-2014, 02:37 PM

I'm a PITA, aren't I?

OK, the official rule for this forum contest is, the reading number in the picture is what will be used for the hand, whether it's km or miles.

bigbird
10-29-2014, 04:48 PM
OK, the official rule for this forum contest is, the reading number in the picture is what will be used for the hand, whether it's km or miles.

Makes sense.
Thank you.
Now I may just order a SuperBrace and the hell with the Traxxion and Kury :headbang:

srt8-in-largo
10-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Baby needs a new pair of shoes! C'monnn 7!

4bobo
10-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Makes sense.
Thank you.
Now I may just order a SuperBrace and the hell with the Traxxion and Kury :headbang:

Mine arrived today...will report once it is installed.

4bobo
11-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Mine arrived today...will report once it is installed.

Bike feels more stable on slow turns. So far I am a happy camper. Thanks to Texas TC for the install.

srt8-in-largo
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
:yes: