PDA

View Full Version : How Many Females Own the F6B??

Bunny
10-31-2014, 07:55 AM
i was just wondering how many women out there have the F6B??

bigbird
10-31-2014, 08:52 AM
Will you be adding your name to the list soon?

Spanky
10-31-2014, 09:25 AM
My wife, username clutch, has one, came off a Streetglide. She has a number of posts on this forum.

MSGT-R
10-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I do.
We may have tread this ground before..

XKnight
10-31-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm going to guess 3 in the entire universe.:icon_lol:

Bunny
10-31-2014, 10:51 AM
Will you be adding your name to the list soon?

i certainly hope so BIG BIRD!!

Deer Slayer
10-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Mrs Scotrod for one.

VP8
11-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Here...:039:

srt8-in-largo
11-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Is it just me or did it seem uncommon to see female riders not long ago... seems quite common nowadays.

powercruzer13
11-01-2014, 07:23 PM
My wife Kim.
This is her bike.
She has already had me add a KW dark tint w/s & an MP3 luggage rack. Still deciding on what seat but she has already determined the stock seat aint gettin' it. :shock: Highway pegs are going to be a must with her 34" inseam.
Would like to try a Mustang seat but there isn't a version with a backrest which she definitely requires. She says the B feels lighter & more nimble than her '98 Valkyrie. :yes:

Bunny
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
My wife Kim.
This is her bike.
She has already had me add a KW dark tint w/s & an MP3 luggage rack. Still deciding on what seat but she has already determined the stock seat aint gettin' it. :shock: Highway pegs are going to be a must with her 34" inseam.
Would like to try a Mustang seat but there isn't a version with a backrest which she definitely requires. She says the B feels lighter & more nimble than her '98 Valkyrie. :yes:

i just bought mine today . . . i will have to ride it to see what changes and additions that i will be needing on it. . . . so excited to be part of the F6B family!!

srt8-in-largo
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM
i just bought mine today . . . i will have to ride it to see what changes and additions that i will be needing on it. . . . so excited to be part of the F6B family!!

Wow!! That was fast...congrats!

VP8
11-01-2014, 07:51 PM

Welcome Bunny!!! The first few upgrades I would recommend would be:
a new windshield suitable for your height/taste
Fork Brace (such as Superbrace)
Belly pan
Universal Go Cruise or Throttle lock (i.e. Kaoko)
HID headlights
Smoked front turn lenses
Saddlebag bag liners (for traveling)
Saddlebag carpet kit

srt8-in-largo
11-01-2014, 09:32 PM
A seller named "themonogrammingqueen" on eBay makes F6B saddlebag mats for about half the price of Honda. I have a set... and I feel good about saving money every time I see them :icon_biggrin:

hiflyer
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
My wife Kim.
This is her bike.

Would like to try a Mustang seat but there isn't a version with a backrest which she definitely requires. nimble . :yes:

Not so fast Kimosabe...... dickiedeals has a backrest adapted to his Mustang. PM him for details.

CheckpointChcky
11-02-2014, 07:53 PM
I used to did.

Bunny
11-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Welcome Bunny!!! The first few upgrades I would recommend would be:
a new windshield suitable for your height/taste
Fork Brace (such as Superbrace)
Belly pan
Universal Go Cruise or Throttle lock (i.e. Kaoko)
HID headlights
Smoked front turn lenses
Saddlebag bag liners (for traveling)
Saddlebag carpet kit

the bike came with a new windshield, throttle lock, backrest and floor boards. . . . all things that i would have changed or added anyways. what is good about the saddle bag carpet and liners - can you elaborate please.

srt8-in-largo
11-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I used to did.

Awww... that makes me sad to read :icon_frown:

dickiedeals
11-03-2014, 07:42 AM
238123822383PM me for the Details of how its done if interested.....Dickie
Not so fast Kimosabe...... dickiedeals has a backrest adapted to his Mustang. PM him for details.

VP8
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
the bike came with a new windshield, throttle lock, backrest and floor boards. . . . all things that i would have changed or added anyways. what is good about the saddle bag carpet and liners - can you elaborate please.

Bunny, the carpet liners create a finished look when you have your saddlebags open. Also, it resists things from sliding around or scratching in your saddlebags. I love my carpet liners...I got them as part of my $1K accessory bonus.

As for the saddlebag liners. I've used these once so far on a 2,500 mile 7-day motorcycle trip. I was able to store all my clothes in one saddlebag liner and only occupy one saddlebag for my clothes. The other saddlebag was used for my tools/snacks/water/etc. The saddlebag liners help with space management as the saddlebags aren't very big when you're on a long road trip. I even had a travel bag that would sit on the passenger seat if I needed more space, but I didn't need it for this trip.

Bunny
11-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Bunny, the carpet liners create a finished look when you have your saddlebags open. Also, it resists things from sliding around or scratching in your saddlebags. I love my carpet liners...I got them as part of my $1K accessory bonus.

As for the saddlebag liners. I've used these once so far on a 2,500 mile 7-day motorcycle trip. I was able to store all my clothes in one saddlebag liner and only occupy one saddlebag for my clothes. The other saddlebag was used for my tools/snacks/water/etc. The saddlebag liners help with space management as the saddlebags aren't very big when you're on a long road trip. I even had a travel bag that would sit on the passenger seat if I needed more space, but I didn't need it for this trip.

i like the liners - i will prob look into that a little more and maybe get some. . . . . thanks for the info. . .

Bunny
11-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Is it just me or did it seem uncommon to see female riders not long ago... seems quite common nowadays.

where i live in Winnipeg, there a alot of female riders on the road now. . . . sometimes we outnumber the guys. . . .

srt8-in-largo
11-03-2014, 09:29 PM
where i live in Winnipeg, there a alot of female riders on the road now. . . . sometimes we outnumber the guys. . . .

:yes:

Nice!

bikerdoc1500
06-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Hi. I currently own a 2001 1800 Gold Wing and a 2003 1800 VTX. I have been thinking of selling both and getting the F6B. I am only 5'4" and I worry about not being strong enough to back it up if I ever need to. I depend on the reverse of the Gold Wing sometimes.

I have so many questions. I never rode the F6B, but I am pretty sure I would really like it. The 2 bikes take up so much space, I think the F6B would be take the place of the V-twin and the Gold Wing.

I just can't afford to make the wrong decision. I like both my current bikes, but am trying to simplify my responsibilities and work.

wantone
06-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi. I currently own a 2001 1800 Gold Wing and a 2003 1800 VTX. I have been thinking of selling both and getting the F6B. I am only 5'4" and I worry about not being strong enough to back it up if I ever need to. I depend on the reverse of the Gold Wing sometimes.

I have so many questions. I never rode the F6B, but I am pretty sure I would really like it. The 2 bikes take up so much space, I think the F6B would be take the place of the V-twin and the Gold Wing.

I just can't afford to make the wrong decision. I like both my current bikes, but am trying to simplify my responsibilities and work.

Just wondering. Is it possible to add reverse to F6B ?

TailGunner
06-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Here...:039:

Hello VP8, were neighbors, maybe we'll see each other on the road someday.

TailGunner
06-28-2015, 08:25 AM

I too have a VTX 1800 and if you can back this up you should be able to back up with height modifications the F6B.

Hornblower
06-28-2015, 12:56 PM
I am only 5'4" and I worry about not being strong enough to back it up if I ever need to. I depend on the reverse of the Gold Wing sometimes.

With a little planning and being careful, I believe you can avoid most situations where you would even need to back up. Even though I can usually back it up, I really try to avoid it altogether. Even being 5'10", I would have trouble backing up the slightest incline. And, on gravel, I'd just as soon not. I'm always thinking ahead to avoid any of those uncomfortable situations. In those rare instances where either you got careless or really couldn't avoid it, you usually can find someone to give you an assist.

Steve 0080
06-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Just wondering. Is it possible to add reverse to F6B ?

To much $$$$$ maybe next year...at least I am hoping ...already available in Aus...

Bunny
06-28-2015, 04:18 PM
it has reverse doesnt it??

edgeman55
06-29-2015, 11:56 AM
it has reverse doesnt it??

Nope they only added cruise and a little louder pipes and oh yea differnt colors with from what I have read better paint quality.Plus I believe in Canada they get ABS but don't hold me to that one.

VP8
06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Hello VP8, were neighbors, maybe we'll see each other on the road someday.

Hi Tailgunner!! :039:

bikerdoc1500
07-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I too have a VTX 1800 and if you can back this up you should be able to back up with height modifications the F6B.

Oh, that is nice to know. I can back the VTX up on level ground. But to back up my Gold Wing, I have to make sure there is no gravel at all under my feet. I have to be very careful to plan my next move whenever I park either of these bikes.

TailGunner
07-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Oh, that is nice to know. I can back the VTX up on level ground. But to back up my Gold Wing, I have to make sure there is no gravel at all under my feet. I have to be very careful to plan my next move whenever I park either of these bikes.

Remember that is with height modifications, your still going to plan where you park.

bikerdoc1500
07-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am used to planning where I park on both the VTX and Gold Wing.

Next step is to find a dealer that will let me test ride the F6B.