PDA

View Full Version : mounting a tour pack

Pap
11-01-2014, 07:25 PM
I got a heck of a deal on this Harley tour pack. Now I'm looking for a way to mount this that would be easy enough to remove when not needed.
I'm thinking along the way of the MP3 rack.
Any other Ideas you can come up with?

Steve 0080
11-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Here is some reading...

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?708-F6B-With-Harley-Trunk&highlight=tour+pack

olds34dude
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
is that a headrest for the passenger?

Pap
11-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks Steve, but I didn't see how he mounted it.
I suppose I could look into fabricating something, but I would also like to have a rack for hauling other things on occasion. That is why I was thinking the MP3 rack. It sounds like it would be strong enough for using it this way. Just not sure how it would fit on it.

Pap
11-01-2014, 07:53 PM
is that a headrest for the passenger?

It could be for me if I mounted it where it sits!:icon_lol:
Otherwise, it is just a better backrest to spoil the "boss" with!

Steve 0080
11-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Pick up the rack and go to Givi, and see if they have a mounting hardware or quick disconnect...I have read that here, just can't find it...

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/mounting-hardware/universal-mounting

Try ....... E 251

olds34dude
11-01-2014, 08:39 PM
you could certainly hear the speakers mounted there!!, I'd look at GIVI too, seems they had great mounting system, had one a few years ago and remember when installing how impressed I was with Italian quality ( have to say that the boss here is one LOL) good luck with that, Dave

dickiedeals
11-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I mounted mine with spacers similar to the MP3 Rack.(But Longer out of 1/4" steel pipe) Made a flat metal plate in place of the rack . Screwed from the inside of the box to the Plate (My box has a liner to hide the bolts)so all you have to do is unscrew 4 bolts and its off. Of course you need a wire plug if you have running, brake, turn lights as I do in mine.
I'm removing mine in a few days. I'll try to get some photos up if there is an interest..........I've put thousands of miles on mine with no issues what so ever...other than Honda riders having issues with a Harley style box on a Honda and of course the Harley guys with issues of a Honda attached to a Harley box....lol..they can all kiss my :moon:.............Dickie

Pap
11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I mounted mine with spacers similar to the MP3 Rack.(But Longer out of 1/4" steel pipe) Made a flat metal plate in place of the rack . Screwed from the inside of the box to the Plate (My box has a liner to hide the bolts)so all you have to do is unscrew 4 bolts and its off. Of course you need a wire plug if you have running, brake, turn lights as I do in mine.
I'm removing mine in a few days. I'll try to get some photos up if there is an interest..........I've put thousands of miles on mine with no issues what so ever................Dickie

I would like to see this set-up. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

dickiedeals
11-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Until I get photos up. You can go to the 2014 Franklin NC. Photos and see a photo of the box on the Fast Black 6 Bagger.....................Dickie

hiflyer
11-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Until I get photos up. You can go to the 2014 Franklin NC. Photos and see a photo of the box on the Fast Black 6 Bagger.....................Dickie

Or...you can got to this thread and see how I mounted mine on page 2.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3136-Givi-trunk&highlight=givi

Pap
11-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Being that the pipes are not welded/secured to the base, do you get any "wobble" of the box?

hiflyer
11-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Being that the pipes are not welded/secured to the base, do you get any "wobble" of the box?

The "pipe" pieces are spacers. Mounts to same holes as the backrest/luggage rack. Very secure, and easily mounted/removed, in about 5 minutes.

Pap
11-02-2014, 10:36 AM
The "pipe" pieces are spacers. Mounts to same holes as the backrest/luggage rack. Very secure, and easily mounted/removed, in about 5 minutes.

Good idea. How long are the spacers and bolts?
I might look into trying to fabricate something like this.

Pap
11-07-2014, 09:16 PM
I took hiflyer's idea and got it mounted.
The wife loves the new comfort.

Thanks for the input!:biggthumpup:

hiflyer
11-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I took hiflyer's idea and got it mounted.
The wife loves the new comfort.

Thanks for the input!:biggthumpup:

You and the missus are welcome! Looks good, :cheers:enjoy!