PDA

View Full Version : New F6B deluxe owner from Charlotte saying Hello!

reys13f6b
11-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Hi Guys,

Proud new owner of red 2013 deluxe model. First cruiser style bike. Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r). After much research, decided on F6b. Very happy with decision. Power, handling and comfort are all there. Looking forward to learning all i can from my fellow f6b owners and i would love to meet up with any locals when the opportunity presents. Rey

Jimmytee
11-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Proud new owner of red 2013 deluxe model. First cruiser style bike. Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r). After much research, decided on F6b. Very happy with decision. Power, handling and comfort are all there. Looking forward to learning all i can from my fellow f6b owners and i would love to meet up with any locals when the opportunity presents. Rey

.welcome20. I bought a red 13 in July, and am very happy. I'm sure you'll love the bike and there is plenty of options to swallow up any extra cash you might have.:icon_rolleyes: The bike is very confident when pushed hard in the corners, yet can soak up some miles in comfort. For me, real comfort began with helibars, a Corbin seat and Ergo III highway pegs. There are a lot of windshield options. I have the Baggershield which looks cool, but gives you the option to have a higher clear section for added wind protection. The stock shorty doesn't give much of any wind protection and the radio will get drowned out easily by the wind. I saw a post yesterday where someone wasn't aware that there was a USB plug in the left saddlebag to hook up a thumb drive or I pod, so just putting that out there.:shhh:Enjoy.

tinkerman
11-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the F6B crew. You will find this site a spectacular source of info.

I totally get the "cruiser" designation of the F6B but after spending a couple years considering the FJR1300 and the Kawi Concourse and finding them too small as long distance vehicles, I can't help but describe the F6B as the biggest and baddest sport touring machine available to fit my 240 lb frame.

Call it what you will.....you are gonna have a blast on it.

tink

Deer Slayer
11-02-2014, 08:55 AM
'welcome gang' from Advance, USA!:cheers:

Random Factor
11-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Guys,
Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r).

You will discover fairly quickly that you still have a sportsbike!

Welcome!

Ryo
11-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Same path for me... From over 1000cc hypersport as Zx14 and Hayabusa I at least reach the peace with Adventure1190 and now with F6B...

Ryo
11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Never washed yet my F6b...I hope to not discover the famous paint issues...

XKnight
11-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Congrats and welcome aboard! I would imagine that coming from sportbikes to an F6B is a very natural progression since the F6B is kind of like a giant sportbike. It has similar power and handling plus long distance comfort.

53driver
11-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Welcome from Philly!

slather1
11-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Same path for me... From over 1000cc hypersport as Zx14 and Hayabusa I at least reach the peace with Adventure1190 and now with F6B...

Do you still have the KTM? What did you not like about the 1190. I was going to look at the new 1290 Super Adventure. F6B would seem a lot different.

Big Jay
11-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Welcome and since you are coming from sport bikes you will be glad to know you got the faster color.

Ryo
11-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Do you still have the KTM? What did you not like about the 1190. I was going to look at the new 1290 Super Adventure. F6B would seem a lot different.

ABSOLUTELY no complaints with my Orange Giant! Absolutely the best and funniest and COMPLETE bike I ever rode...

Now you will tell me :<< THEN, WHY HAVE YOU SOLD THIS SPECTACULAR BIKE ?>>

You are right...this sounds strange...

Three only words: SENSE OF OMNIPOTENCE... it was a bike inspiring that DANGEROUS superhuman feeling... And this is strange for a "touring" bike... It pushes you to push yourself beyond your own limits...

Hornblower
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi, Rey! :congrats: and .welcome20. from Winston-Salem! We're practically neighbors!

slather1
11-02-2014, 02:09 PM
ABSOLUTELY no complaints with my Orange Giant! Absolutely the best and funniest and COMPLETE bike I ever rode...

Now you will tell me :<< THEN, WHY HAVE YOU SOLD THIS SPECTACULAR BIKE ?>>

You are right...this sounds strange...

Three only words: SENSE OF OMNIPOTENCE... it was a bike inspiring that DANGEROUS superhuman feeling... And this is strange for a "touring" bike... It pushes you to push yourself beyond your own limits...

No, I understand. I am an old guy who likes to go fast and may ride faster than my abilities. I liked the idea of the 1290 Super Adventure for the better seat and cruise control.

Ryo
11-02-2014, 02:16 PM
The best things of the new 1290 aren't for sure the cruise control or the bigger tank...
We talk about STUNNING Abs working while you brake CORNERING !!!!!!! NO MORE LOW SIDE GROUND FALLS...
MORE let's talk about CORNERING LIGHTS and HILL ASSIST, an electronic system to help you starting uphill and charged at full weight...

Phaedrus
11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Welcome from Greensboro, NC.

reys13f6b
11-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Spanky
11-03-2014, 08:54 AM
We should meet sometime. Down in matthews we have 2 very fast black. May even be able to give you some ideas... We have some extra parts. Where did you buy it?

Exbmwrider
11-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Welcome and since you are coming from sport bikes you will be glad to know you got the faster color.

+1

reys13f6b
11-04-2014, 06:07 AM
We should meet sometime. Down in matthews we have 2 very fast black. May even be able to give you some ideas... We have some extra parts. Where did you buy it?

Would love to meet and i welcome all ideas. Always game for extra parts too. Bought from Team Charlotte Motorsports. Only place that had deluxe near me. Nice folks to deal with. Returning customer, as i also bought my ATV from them also.