PDA

View Full Version : About to be new owner in Australia

nox
11-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Hi All

Just sold my Rocket 3 Roadster and about to lay my money down on a new left over 2013 Red F6B.
I did love my Rocket and the power made you grin from ear to ear, but I needed a change with a little lower seat height and designed more for touring without getting a full dresser.
I haven't even test rode an F6B as there are none near me so I am buying blind.

Cheers

nox
11-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Could someone also explain the linked brakes.

Steve 0080
11-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Congrats!!! You will not be disappointed !!! The linked brakes are exactly that...linked...when you apply the rear brake, part on the front activates as well...when you apply the front part of the back also activates... Honda has used this for maybe 40 yeas... no big deal and you may not even notice...

Hornblower
11-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi All

Just sold my Rocket 3 Roadster and about to lay my money down on a new left over 2013 Red F6B.
I did love my Rocket and the power made you grin from ear to ear, but I needed a change with a little lower seat height and designed more for touring without getting a full dresser.
I haven't even test rode an F6B as there are none near me so I am buying blind.

Cheers

Hi, nox! Well, as a previous owner of an R3 (and mine was tuned making 150hp), you will not miss it at all. Oh sure, that motor was pretty awesome but the handling was not even close to what we have in the F6B. Our power is not nearly as "raw" as a tuned R3 power plant but it is sufficient to get the job done and, we have the suspension and braking to go along with it. You won't experience "wallowing" in the curves like you saw on the R3 when you really pushed it. The F6B frame is much more rigid and overall handling is good as is but can be made even better with aftermarket fork kits like Traxxion Dynamics or Progressive. Oh yeah, you're going to enjoy this ride :yes:.

Deer Slayer
11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
'welcome gang' from Advance. :cheers:

cosborn
11-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Nice one Nox, there are about half a dozen owners in Australia on this forum and a wealth of info that has helped me put together the after market parts from the US, too expensive to buy here. Any help, just give me a tingle.

Chris2391

rumble-b
11-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Good to see another Aussie. Where are you from ? By the way, i'm sure you'll love the F6B. As soon as i test rode mine i knew it was for me. It's like riding on a cloud with a jet strapped to your back. :icon_biggrin:

Reb
11-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Which part of Aus are you in ?
I have the red F6b and am very happy

nox
11-06-2014, 04:45 AM
I am in Broken Hill outback NSW

Denisr
11-06-2014, 07:19 AM
I put a deposit on a red one before a test ride, couldn't be happier with it.

srt8-in-largo
11-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Looks like we have the whole Oz crew in here!

Good for you Nox... the F6 is the ultimate all-around bike, there's nothing it doesn't do well.

nox
11-07-2014, 02:21 AM
I put a deposit on a red one before a test ride, couldn't be happier with it.

I purchased mine from Canberra Motor cycles and having it shipped to me. At $19990 including on road its a bargain.

They still have one more at this price.

cosborn
11-07-2014, 03:03 AM
Ah Broken Hill, "Boys Town" well you will have plenty of long roads to follow out there.
Enjoy

Chris