PDA

View Full Version : Spring/Summer Gathering

Kevbuckley333
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
I have been wanting to ride with some other F6Bers since I purchased my bike, unfortunately I cannot make it to the Rally if it is always going to be on Labor Day Weekend, work responsibilities pull me away.

So I was thinking of maybe hosting my own get together during the Early Summer in NH. I am part of a ski club and have access to a house that sleeps 60 dorm style on the very cheap just beyond North Conway NH in Bartlett. There are also lots of reasonably priced hotels in the area if you'd like to pay more for a single room...

I will have to run everything by the club but I am reasonably sure we could have the place mostly to ourselves in the early summer it is empty up there that time of year, but the riding in the White Mountains is divine. There is lots of good restaurants around that will be similarly slow this time of year and even a great motorcycle retailer, Whitehorse Gear we could stop by and check out.

Above I have added a poll, if you would be interested in heading up to NH please respond. If there seems like a few of us would like to get together I will start working on setting things up.

zzh54
11-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd be up for that, very flexible on the dates. Keep me updated and we will make it a fun time for all

V8 Billy
11-05-2014, 05:27 PM
That sounds good to me. If it matters the middle of the month works best for me. It's Very hard for me to get away at the first of the month.

53driver
11-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm in. Dates are blocked in the calendar.
Cheers!
Steve

DMAGOLDRDR
11-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I put the dates in my calendar and look forward to it. June is not terribly busy at my shop so I should be flexible on the dates...

Elroy
11-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I'll be interested to see how this get together develops. I've not seen too much of the new england states.

Slowpoke
11-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Sounds like fun, but I have to plan my time off around my business demands.

I'm very flexible, but need to plan my shop closings months in advance.

It's fun to start planning next years rides as winter is closing in here in the Great White.

Kevbuckley333
11-06-2014, 06:30 PM
It looks like there is enough interest to start to do some planning. I will talk to the club at our Tuesday meeting and see if we can host and if those dates work for the club. Will have more info the middle of next week. See yall up north! 'gw-smiley'

chicotai
11-08-2014, 12:02 AM
I will be there
keep me posted

Cheers :icon_lol:

ReserveBum
11-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I am in! Look forward to it

jlyon
11-09-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm interested as well...

Rode across N.E. with some good friends years ago (Vermont Green Mtns, N.H. White Mtns, Kanc. Trail, Maine, etc...) would love to do it again...

Keep us posted on potential dates please..

Kirkster1520
11-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I am interested as well. I will just have to see how things play out as June approaches. The dorm style house sounds fine to me. I think that would be great riding up there.

ISLANDER1089
11-15-2014, 01:26 PM
I take a month every year and ride somewhere in North America. I was already thinking that New England is one area not yet visited for me so count me in. I would also appreciate any ideas on what to see and where to go on my trip down and back. I'm retired and single so I am very flexible as far as dates etc. I live two hours drive north of Toronto, Canada and would probably head east through Quebec and New Brunswick and then dip south through Maine.

53driver
11-15-2014, 01:41 PM
It looks like there is enough interest to start to do some planning. I will talk to the club at our Tuesday meeting and see if we can host and if those dates work for the club. Will have more info the middle of next week. See yall up north! 'gw-smiley'

Word?

Kevbuckley333
11-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Hello,

I have been discussing this with our ski club and I think I will be able to put something together officially in the next 7-10 days. As it stands now I would say we are a tentative go for the 25th-29th of June. Will let everyone know officially soon.

53driver
11-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Hello,

I have been discussing this with our ski club and I think I will be able to put something together officially in the next 7-10 days. As it stands now I would say we are a tentative go for the 25th-29th of June. Will let everyone know officially soon.

Cool!

P.S. wasn't trying to be pushy......:stirthepot:

Kevbuckley333
11-15-2014, 02:55 PM
No worries, didnt find your post pushy getting an update out was a good idea either way.

DMAGOLDRDR
11-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Hello,

I put the dates on my calendar in pencil, let me know when I can write over in pen....

Kevbuckley333
11-17-2014, 10:38 AM
I just got the official approval from my club that we can host a get together. I am finalizing some details on pricing ect.. and will start a new official post in the next day or two.

2bikemike
11-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Dates penciled in

Darkknight
11-18-2014, 07:18 AM
We were up near Conway, in Bartlett about 6 weeks ago. Loved it!
We went up Mt Washington. Lots of beautiful riding!
We'd love to go back.

FF-Ed
11-19-2014, 11:32 AM
I was down in Franklin TN in May.

Usually Labor day, I'm unavailable as that weekend is spent with my children (final Blow out of summer).

So May or June sounds good & I can add some more states to my ride map.

BTW, what's the Temp up there that time of year?

-Ed

Kevbuckley333
11-19-2014, 02:20 PM
I have started a new post to give some more officially planned details and to use as for keeping track of who will be in attendance. If you are planning on attending please head on over and add your name to the list!

Planning Thread Link (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4290-New-Engalnd-F6B-Gathering-Summer-2015)