PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, new F6B owner here...

roland
11-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Hello from New Bern Nc.
Here is a short version of my story.
54years old now and been riding something and anything since age 5. Owned most every Jap. brand out there and enjoyed most of them.
Always wanted a wing, but not all the baggage that came with them... Then I saw a F6, Oh yea, I had to have it. Now I do.

Just went from a Concours 1400 to the F6B, Night and day difference. Each bike has it's +/-. like they all do.
Love lots of things about the new wing, but I do have a couple of issues...

The owners manual is pretty much useless for anything other than learning how the radio works... I have not read it all yet but, nothing about removing body panels (1st thing I'm gonna change is the windshield).
I do all of my own maint. that I possible can and enjoy understanding what goes on in each bike I have ever owned.
Looking forward to learning from all you guys and reading the boards about everything involving this wonderful machine.
Al

53driver
11-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Welcome Roland! I lived in Carolina Pines for many years.
This bike is nothing short of awesome.
Lots of good knowledge in these hallowed pages.
Fall rally over Labor Day weekend.
Cheers,
Steve

Old Ryder
11-06-2014, 10:02 PM
45 miles away and still looking for that perfect deal! :icon_biggrin:

bob109
11-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Hello from New Bern Nc.
Here is a short version of my story.
54years old now and been riding something and anything since age 5. Owned most every Jap. brand out there and enjoyed most of them.
Always wanted a wing, but not all the baggage that came with them... Then I saw a F6, Oh yea, I had to have it. Now I do.

Just went from a Concours 1400 to the F6B, Night and day difference. Each bike has it's +/-. like they all do.
Love lots of things about the new wing, but I do have a couple of issues...

The owners manual is pretty much useless for anything other than learning how the radio works... I have not read it all yet but, nothing about removing body panels (1st thing I'm gonna change is the windshield).
I do all of my own maint. that I possible can and enjoy understanding what goes on in each bike I have ever owned.
Looking forward to learning from all you guys and reading the boards about everything involving this wonderful machine.
Al

Al:

Treat yourself early for Christmas and buy the "OEM Factory Service Manual"! Stay away from the aftermarket versions as they tend to be "generic" in nature. If you bought you bike from a "Authorized Honda Dealer" their Parts Department is your source for the OEM Manual.

Congrats on your new ride!

JBnAZ
11-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! I came off a 2012 C14 too, and you're dead on each has it's pros and cons. Overall I find the Honda more fulfilling across all types of riding. My wife loves the 6 versus the C14. We shared a 5 day 1900 mile vacation which included a 520 mile last day to get home day and she didn't complain until about 20 miles from home. No way she would have even agreed to do that same ride on the C14.

You tube is a great place to find information on basic maintenance items. I found ones on windshield removal that was super helpful. Made my swap simple and fast.

Enjoy your new ride!

Josh

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-06-2014, 11:09 PM
You tube is a great place to find information on basic maintenance items. I found ones on windshield removal that was super helpful. Made my swap simple and fast.

I second that! And .welcome20.

bertrider
11-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Welcome from Texas. I too came from a Concours14. The only thing I miss is the ground clearance, especially when I get to ride North Carolina!

cosborn
11-07-2014, 03:08 AM
:jerkit:Nice to here from you Roland, If you ever decide to ride AU give our boys a tingle, I've just finished a trip around the edge 18000km unfortunately not on the F6B, but thats next.

Cheers and best

Chris, and of course the others here.

Jimmytee
11-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Welcome .welcome20.

DaWadd
11-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Congrats and yes get yourself the Helm service manual. All the maintenance info you'll need.:clap2:

FF-Ed
11-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Welcome, any info you need is prolly right here on the forum! The search box is your friend!'welcome gang'

Deer Slayer
11-07-2014, 10:09 AM
'all/right' another Tarheel, 'welcome gang' from Advance. :cheers:

srt8-in-largo
11-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Welcome to motorcycle heaven.

RickW
11-08-2014, 04:53 AM
Welcome from NE Ohio.

If you do your own work the factory service manual is a must have. Should be able to pick it up for about $75. There are links on here for an on-line source.

XKnight
11-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Hello from New Bern Nc.

Al

Congrats on the new F6B. Here is a video on how to remove the windshield from a Goldwing. Very easy, just make sure you use a shop towel stuffed into the mirror housing like the video shows otherwise you'll probably lose some bolts into the abyss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJM5OZeDZRw

Hornblower
11-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Welcome, Roland :039:. Our NC roster is growing :yes:

Kevbuckley333
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I also traded in my c14 for the f6b. The C14 was a real howler when you gave the grip a good twist but the long term comfort balanced with enough speed and maneuverability to keep my floor boards noisy makes for a superior experience on the B. I have also found the B easier to do the little work that I do, bolts and other attachments feel less cramped and easier to get to than the connie did. You'll Love the upgrade.

Feels like the B owners are from 3 groups, sport tourer riders looking for more comfort but without much performance drop off. Harley riders looking for more reliable performance and long term valk/wing riders looking for a new Honda flat 6 experience

bigbird
11-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Feels like the B owners are from 3 groups, sport tourer riders looking for more comfort but without much performance drop off. Harley riders looking for more reliable performance and long term valk/wing riders looking for a new Honda flat 6 experience

Add a 4th group.
From a scooter to a 'B.
Yes, it was a Silverwing (600 cc and 550 lbs wet), but still a scooter.

srt8-in-largo
11-08-2014, 05:18 PM
And a 5th group... ex-riders who saw the 6 and just HAD to get back into riding :icon_biggrin:

Old Ryder
11-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Add a 6th group. Those of us with good taste and OCD.

roland
11-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks to all that chimed in. Really made me feel at home. Will be getting the Honda service manual next week from my dealer. Now trying to decide which windscreen to try. Got to have a bigger one and not ruin the looks.
To all the guys coming from the C14, I feel your pain, so to speak. It was a great rush and would run like the wind, but it was a compromise on comfort for the passenger.....
The wife and I are still getting to know the wing. The weather has of course turned cold and wet here in ENC. We will ride when we can and do "other stuff" when we cant. :)

Thanks again and I am sure I will have many questions and searches to come.

Al

Johncmendenhall
11-14-2014, 12:58 AM
And from some of us here in the greater Puget Sound area as well....
Congrats on the new ride.
Very cool indeed......

53driver
11-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Now trying to decide which windscreen to try. Got to have a bigger one and not ruin the looks.

The recommended order of upgrade is "seat" then "windscreen." So if you are considering a different seat, get that sorted first and save some time and money on windscreen installs.
Cheers,
Steve

WingStuff
11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Welcome from sunny southern California! Ride safe and enjoy!

Idle
11-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Hello from Northwest Louisiana! I'm the new owner of a black 2013 F6B Deluxe. In the past 21 months, I put 37k miles on my VTX 1300C, so I felt it was time to get something a bit more comfortable with all the bells & whistles.

I am thrilled with the F6B. Despite being a 5'7" female with a 30" inseam, I find the bike extremely comfortable, powerful and maneuverable.

srt8-in-largo
11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Hello from Northwest Louisiana! I'm the new owner of a black 2013 F6B Deluxe. In the past 21 months, I put 37k miles on my VTX 1300C, so I felt it was time to get something a bit more comfortable with all the bells & whistles.

I am thrilled with the F6B. Despite being a 5'7" female with a 30" inseam, I find the bike extremely comfortable, powerful and maneuverable.

Welcome aboard Idle! It only gets better as you get to know the bike :icon_biggrin:

bigbird
11-14-2014, 10:12 PM

Did you have to modify the seat so that you could safely touch the ground?
The reason I ask is that a female I know just got a 'B, and she is about the same dimensions as you. She needs to have a lowered seat.

Mastergunny
11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Roland welcome. I lived at 211 Mahaffey Ct. In Carolina Pines! Love NB, but now in So Cal. I will send a pm with my email. I went from the Concours and Venture and Stratoliner and I think I have my last bike!

Master gunny (Matt)

53driver
11-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Roland welcome. I lived at 211 Mahaffey Ct. In Carolina Pines!
Master gunny (Matt)

213 Snead Rd, Carolina Pines.....lol.
Small bloody world.

tinknocker
11-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Hello south eastern ohio checking in

Old Ryder
11-15-2014, 09:33 PM
213 Snead Rd, Carolina Pines.....lol.
Small bloody world.

Oh well, I have never lived there------------------but I have played the golf course a few times. Does that count? :icon_lol:

Jerry S
11-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the new bike. I just sold the 2012 Concours as well and while it has amazing power it was just a bit to cramped for me. I have not pulled the trigger yet on the f6b deluxe. I am continuing to do my due diligence and just can't find much negative talk about the bike. Just need to get comfy with the price of the 2014 OR wait a bit and get the 2015 with the cruise.

Hope you have a blast on the bike.

Massimo
11-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Welcome Roland.:039::039::039:

Bowhunter1800
11-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Welcome from Illinois!!.welcome20..

Duke
11-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Hoi Roland, welcome from Bern in Switzerland!
Ride Save and have fun with the Wingggg ,-)
Greetings
Alvar