PDA

View Full Version : Honda Warranty Question

grendl
11-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Does anyone have any experience on this?
I bought My 2013 out of W. Virginia and had it delivered. I have the title no problem once all the red tape was handled. I went to my Honda dealer whom I have been doing parts and fix-it stuff over the last five years. Wanted to have the warranty transferred to my name.
They told me that since the warranty was originally with a dealer,they had to leave it in their name and could not transfer it to me.
Now I always thought that a transferable warranty went to the present owner's name.
The dealer then tried to sell me an extended warranty for 1095 dollars.
Do I need to call American Honda to get the details of this?
I have no issues with the bike but just in case,I don't want to find out if I do.
Thoughts ?

Steve 0080
11-08-2014, 06:32 AM
All a lie..... the warranty is on THE BIKE, does not matter whose name is on what...HONDA'S name is on it FIRST!!!!

Phantom
11-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Steve is 100% correct.

Warranty stays with bike.

I have arranged a GROUP BUY on the 4 year extended warranty for less than half of what you were quoted.

opas ride
11-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Steve is 100% correct.

I have arranged a GROUP BUY on the 4 year extended warranty for less than half of what you were quoted.

Phantom...Any time frame on when this group buy on the extended warranty may be available?...Thanks

Limoles
11-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Steve is 100% correct.

How and when should we sign for that list ? Will you provide any links or simply announce on that forum ?

grendl
11-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Thank you for the responses. That gives me peace of mind. I was concerned 'my' dealer was giving me the run-around since I didnt but from them.
I would have preferred to,but he knew I wanted one and would not budge off the original sticker price. I bought it in April past and got a killer deal - who would pass up a $5k break? I figure I had been doing business with them and loyalty works both ways. I had cash in hand.
Anyway,thanx guys. I just wanted to be sure I don't have to ship it back to W. Virginia to get service if it comes up.
I too am curious about the group buy on the extended. Finances are always a problem so I cant commit but would like to stay in the loop on that. Sounds like a good investment.
I plan to keep this one a looong time 'mi amour :icon_redface: