PDA

View Full Version : OK I might go bigger

Darkknight
06-25-2013, 04:18 AM
I'm thinking of getting a larger windshield. I"m 5'10" and need some advice.

I'm thinking of an 11 inch dark shield. I have an arthritic neck and the stock shortie is ok. The wind hits my chest and my helmet is in "clean" air. I get no helmet shake at all. But hearing the audio is a challenge at highway speeds.

I really don't care for the real tall shield look I'm afraid that the 11 inch will move the wind that currently hits my torso/shoulders will move up and catch the top of my helmet.

Any thoughts?

Any shields for sale? I think dark tint would look best.

MarcPW
06-25-2013, 05:11 AM

I'm thinking of an 11 inch dark shield. I have an arthritic neck and the stock shortie is ok. The wind hits my chest and my helmet is in "clean" air. I get no helmet shake at all. But hearing the audio is a challenge at highway speeds.

I really don't care for the real tall shield look I'm afraid that the 11 inch will move the wind that currently hits my torso/shoulders will move up and catch the top of my helmet.

Any thoughts?

Hi Darkknight.

I am about 6', I have chosen the 13" from Cee Bailey's, in black. That's what it looks like:

I just love it !

Marc

chipmaker
06-25-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm 5`11" love my CB 13". I'm comfy at 80 with my open face helmet. I may run a 15" in winter... Pics of my bike in photo section.

Retired Army
06-25-2013, 10:37 AM
548This is F4 customs +4 it is a lot of windshield but keeps the wind over my head and not under my full face helmet.

jkelley
06-25-2013, 11:43 AM
822This is F4 customs +4 it is a lot of windshield but keeps the wind over my head and not under my full face helmet.

Could you possibly get a measurement from the top of the rubber trim to the top of the windshield please?

Thanks
Jim

Retired Army
06-25-2013, 01:54 PM
The length is 20/1/2 inches. I am 5' 8". I have had cataract operations and could not stand the wind entering the bottom of a full face helmet with the stock windshield.

jkelley
06-25-2013, 02:32 PM
The length is 20/1/2 inches. I am 5' 8". I have had cataract operations and could not stand the wind entering the bottom of a full face helmet with the stock windshield.

Thank You!

Yes the stock short one was on mine for about ten minutes for the ride home, I replaced it with the Honda tall one with the vent. I would like one about an inch taller than that.

Dark Knight
06-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I am 5'10" and ave a 13" Cee Bailey. It works great!

Any thoughts?

CBXBob
06-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I am 5'10" and ave a 13" Cee Bailey. It works great!

Bagger Shield 2 piece works for me, but there will always be times you wish it was higher or lower.

glenster
07-01-2013, 01:33 AM
PM me if you would like to buy it...I'm going taller for longer rides

$100 including shipping

Darkknight
07-01-2013, 03:36 AM
I ordered a Bagger Shield sport 11". Unfortunately now there is a 5-7 delay from wingstuff. Maybe after the 4th...:icon_frown:

GiddyupF6B
07-01-2013, 07:24 AM
I just got the 9 inch Cee Bailey windshield and I love the look. I will say it gives just a little more wind protection from the stock one but just a little. I would love to get a taller one but for me I think it starts to take away from the awesome profile of the F6. I have always went with what looks the best on my bikes as that was what was important at the time. I am to the point now where I have to let function override what might look a little sportier. I bought this bike so we could do some longer distances comfortably and really enjoy some 3 or 4 day road trips. With that being said, I definitely did not pick the right screen for that. I will probably try a taller one in the future. My issue is I'm 6'3 and according to the manufacturers guide I would need a 13 (at minimum) or a 15 inch (ideal) which is one extreme to another. I don't like the look at all of a 15 inch screen on this bagger, it's just too tall. I will continue to see what you guys are doing to your bikes before I make my choice. I've already learned so much from just what you guys have done. Sorry to be so long winded........:icon_redface:

Darkknight
07-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Ok, here is the 11 inch Baggershield sport shield. :clap2:
I have it set all the way into the lowest position. The slots in the windshield will allow it to be adjusted up to 12 3/4 inches I believe the spec says. Although you will have to remove the fairing nose again to do that.
I also have a Geza cover that I intended to be for my stock shield and it still fits this new one with probably a couple inches to spare. Geza must have thought ahead and knew the stock shield was going to be replaced. :yes:
So here's the before, after and with the cover installed.
It took about 15 minutes to install. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will in a few minutes.

It's 92 degrees here in ct and it feels like 98. We don't get the "dry heat" whatever that is.
:lolup:

As soon as I cool off a bit I'm hitting the highway see if there is any difference.

Limbuck
07-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I got BaggerShield adjustable and am very happy with it. A couple of pretty good runs under my belt and I do not see a need for me to use the upper clear portion. I will keep it invert mounted just in case long haul in rain or something. I am 6'1".

MercuryF1
07-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Ok, here is the 11 inch Baggershield sport shield. :clap2:
I also have a Geza cover that I intended to be for my stock shield and it still fits this new one with probably a couple inches to spare. Geza must have thought ahead and knew the stock shield was going to be replaced. :yes:
So here's the before, after and with the cover installed.

That is comforting to know the standard Geza gear cover fits the Baggershield! I am still waiting for the cover to arrive from USA. I didn't buy a new 11 inch sports shield instead I am using my old Baggershield from my GL18. (12 inches high & 29 inches wide) so hopefully it will be ok!

UTurn
07-12-2013, 09:23 AM
I bought the 13" based on the recommendations of CeeBailey's website. I'm about 5'11" and found the shield to be a bit short for my tastes, so I now have their 15". I like to look over the shield, preferring to have the windshield at a height where my nose would rest on the top edge (moustache level) . The 15" is just a tiny bit lower than that, which is good enough for me.