PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seat.....

TennX
06-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Just a FYI in case your interested....ultimate seat for the F6B won't be available till late August....

Hi Philip, our new F6B seat will not be ready until late August earliest.
Thanks
Des

haleyohdo
06-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Just a FYI in case your interested....ultimate seat for the F6B won't be available till late August....

Thanks
Des

Thanks Philip for the info... I have had 2 Ultimate seats on my valkyries, so I most likely will do another.. and this winter will be an ok good time I guess...:) I am actually ok with the stock seat.. seems to work well for me and my wife, but hard to beat an Ultimate seat... :)

Dean (haleyohdo)

fl1madmax
07-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks Philip for the info... I have had 2 Ultimate seats on my valkyries, so I most likely will do another.. and this winter will be an ok good time I guess...:) I am actually ok with the stock seat.. seems to work well for me and my wife, but hard to beat an Ultimate seat... :)

Dean (haleyohdo)

I have had 4 Ultimate seats and do many 600 mile day rides, SEAT IS IMPORTANT ! I'll wait for them, I live 100 miles south of their Ormand Beach dealership, I figure $900
for seat and both Back rests, cant wait. Me and 5 others did 10,000 miles in 27 days , entire US, from Florida to Sturgis, out west and back was best month of my life. and cant wait to do it again on my F6B, ride safe JB

Paul B Blues
07-24-2013, 04:00 AM
I had the King Rune seat on my Rune, it made a big difference to me riding the bike. I couldn't fault the workmanship either. I'll definitely be getting one for my F6B.

Paul B....

kjelders
08-12-2013, 10:40 AM
I had a conversation with Dez via email this past weekend. He stated they were way behind in production for a F6B ultimate seat. He said it would be late October or even later than that before the seat would be ready.

gamersince1976
08-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm glad I decided to go with Rick Mayer for a new saddle, rather than waiting for Ultimate. I really liked the Ultimate on the Valkyrie, but I'd be going out of my mind if I was still waiting on the F6B.

kjelders
08-13-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm glad I decided to go with Rick Mayer for a new saddle, rather than waiting for Ultimate. I really liked the Ultimate on the Valkyrie, but I'd be going out of my mind if I was still waiting on the F6B.

Yep, that's a long time to wait. I have a ride in appointment with Rich's Seats here in WA for a custom fit seat on 8/24.

JesseS
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I just spoke with Des via email at Ultimate Seats and the new line for the F6B will be out mid-Oct, I had an Ultimate on my VTX and it was hands down the best seat I have ever had with maybe the Daylong being the exception. As long as they do their normal awesome work this will be the seat for me.

98valk
09-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Any Pictures yet? I have an Ultimate on my Valk and it looks great.

Westernbiker
09-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Any Pictures yet? I have an Ultimate on my Valk and it looks great.

I have one on my Valk also, best spent functional money on that bike. :biggthumpup:

MichaelG
09-14-2013, 12:17 AM
I have had 4 Ultimate seats and do many 600 mile day rides, SEAT IS IMPORTANT ! I'll wait for them, I live 100 miles south of their Ormand Beach dealership, I figure $900
for seat and both Back rests, cant wait. Me and 5 others did 10,000 miles in 27 days , entire US, from Florida to Sturgis, out west and back was best month of my life. and cant wait to do it again on my F6B, ride safe JB

Bunch of Short Distance Riders ! :icon_rolleyes: See, you are limited to only riding 600 miles a day, because of that ^%^#$&* Ultimate Seat.
Now, if you would step up and buy a Russell Day-Long Saddle, you would find there are no limits. 1500 miles a day...no problem. 2000 miles a day...no problem.

Silly rabbit, Ultimate seats are for tricks, while a Russell seat is for treats. :icon_mrgreen:

1951vbs
09-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Bunch of Short Distance Riders ! :icon_rolleyes: See, you are limited to only riding 600 miles a day, because of that ^%^#$&* Ultimate Seat.
Now, if you would step up and buy a Russell Day-Long Saddle, you would find there are no limits. 1500 miles a day...no problem. 2000 miles a day...no problem.

Silly rabbit, Ultimate seats are for tricks, while a Russell seat is for treats. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't have any experience with Ultimate but have had such good luck with Russell that mine is being built right now. I also can't atest to 2000 mile days but it will go 1200 no problem. The key other than design is they engineer it to fit your height, weight, inseam and reach. Each one is built for the rider and can overcome some of the inherent ergonomics of the bike. I have not ever had the time to ride out for a fitment but send them the required photos and specs and have no regrets on the 3 previous seats. One of the issues is that you have to send your seat out to them because they utilize the stock seat pan but I bought a take off seat from a forum member and sent it instead. Once I get my Day-Long I will either offer it for sale or "rent" it to you while yours is getting built.

MichaelG
09-14-2013, 10:31 AM
I like that...buy an extra seat, and rent it out to folks that need to send their seats in. Cooooooollllll :icon_mrgreen:

photodiver
09-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Miles, can you post a pic of the Day Long on your bike.
Just bought my F6B this afternoon and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

MichaelG
09-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Miles, can you post a pic of the Day Long on your bike.
Just bought my F6B this afternoon and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

I will do this a second time, as I typed out a LONG response to this, and it did not save it. :banghead:

Here are the pictures of my Russell Day-Long Saddle

This is my 11th seat from Russell, and the best one they have built for me thus far. I have in fact tried several other aftermarket seat manufacturers, and have learned the lesson that I personally will never use anyone else, ever again, other than Russell Cycle Products. The other seats I have tried...just to be fair...are a Corbin seat for my ST-1100, an Ultimate seat for my Royal Star Midnight Tour Deluxe, and a few Rick Mayer seats for my BMW R1100RT, my Suzuki Burgman 650, and my Honda F6B. In the long run, for riding comfort and additional distance every day, the Russell seat is the only one that works for ME.

Russell Cycle Producs is a small company, employing about 12 people, and located 7 miles North of Redding, Calif. They are about 1 mile off of Interstate 5, just West of the Interstate. Because of location, I always go to them and have my seat made in person. When you have that one person ride in appointment, they give you their full attention, and you are the ONLY customer they SEE that day. Anyone else that shows up is also shown the door. Really ! Russell Cycle Products is currently owned by Terry Bradford, and the office manager is Kim. They usually make ride-in appointments for a couple months in advance. Every seat made there is a custom one-off seat, as they use YOUR seat pan to make the seat. They do NOT have generic one-size-fits-all seats sitting on the shelves. If you decide to send your seat to them, it will actually get done sooner, quicker, and is still warrantied to fit you.

If you are into long distance riding, this is THEE seat for you. If you want riding Comfort...rather than a parking lot show bike...then this is THEE seat for you. If you have a bad back, a ruptured disc, a compressed disc, etc, then this is THEE seat for you. Russell seats are the ONLY seats made that is SPRUNG internally. They are made for COMFORT...for riding additional miles in comfort...and not to be trailered to the local, bike show, to show off your bling.

There is a very good reason why 80 to 85 % of the 100 bikes that are at the starting line for the bi-annual Iron Butt Rally have a Russell Day-Long saddle on them. Of those remaining 15 to 20 bikes...about 5 to 10 of them will have a Rick Mayer seat on them, and you MAY find one Corbin seat, maybe one Ultimate seat, and maybe one of something else. That shows you that 80 to 85 % of the riders that qualified to ride THEE Big Show, the 11,000 miles in 11 days Iron Butt Rally, made the decision to use a Russell Day-Long saddle, and ride in comfort.

Now, as we have said 1000 times before, every BODY has a slightly different butt, and if the contact pressure points on your butt allow you to use a different seat...and if that differwent seats works for you, then GREAT. I am happy, that you are happy.

And I am NOT suggesting that you must use a Russell seat like I do, just because of my experiences in mileage and comfort. Life is all about choices, and we are each responsible for making the individual choices that suit us best...individually.

For me...I will never again spend a single dime (or a lot of dimes) on any aftermarket seat, other than a Russell Day-Long saddle, made with a Velour seating area where I sit. It is cool in the summer, and warm in the winter...meaning I do not sweat to the seat in the summer, and do not freeze to the seat in the winter. Just because I do 1000 mile days, day after day, or 1500 mile days occassionally, or the rare 2000 + mile day, does not mean that is your bag in life. You may be content riding 300 miles that day, and calling it a day. That is cool.

But my responsibility to this riding community is to give you the info, the tools, to share my experiences, and then allow you to make your own decisions.

photodiver
09-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Thank you Miles. Sorry you had to retype all of that. I toured the plant on my way back from Oregon one time, figured I would get one of their seats for my VTX. Got in a hurry and put on a Ultimate instead. The Ultimate was a lot better for me than the Mustang that I had on it. The Day-long doesn't look as nice as some of the others, but when your butt is on it nobody can see it anyway. Comfort is the key, when your butt hurts you are not enjoying the ride.
I will be getting a Day-long.

JesseS
09-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Thank you Miles. Sorry you had to retype all of that. I toured the plant on my way back from Oregon one time, figured I would get one of their seats for my VTX. Got in a hurry and put on a Ultimate instead. The Ultimate was a lot better for me than the Mustang that I had on it. The Day-long doesn't look as nice as some of the others, but when your butt is on it nobody can see it anyway. Comfort is the key, when your butt hurts you are not enjoying the ride.
I will be getting a Day-long.

Hey John, want to ride up together and spend a couple days with a rental car checking out the area while Russel builds those seats for us??

fl1madmax
09-18-2013, 03:35 PM

Thanks
Des
I went to Ultimate yesterday, and the had a F6B seat only in Foam, no cover yet, its called the Mid Rider, Beautiful, Soft, and will be ready Oktoberfest, BUT the best one is going to be the KING, not ready till Feb, it BACKS YOU UP 1 1/2 INCHES FROM MID RIDER, AND THAT'S WHAT I NEED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE A GRASSHOPPER ON STOCK SEAT, DUAL BACK REST, I'M WAITING FOR KING, I have had 4 total Ultimate seats and I love them.......ride safe, I'm on my property in NE Georgia, right on 129, cant wait to retire, one more year ! When I retire I'm going to take 3 months to
do US on my F6B, :icon_lol::icon_lol:and then relax !

photodiver
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
We need to talk about this Jesse, thinking next May.

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Wow the Russel and Ulyimate seats sound great and I will certainly check hem out. In the meantime, I had my saddle "modified" by Don Clancy of Clancy's Racing Shop in Cotati, Ca. He is a rider and an expert uphoulsterer as well as mechanic. Even has a sense of humor but did not laugh when I explained that my short legs and arms made the F6b a bit unstable at stoplights and in parking lots. Since I had no comfort issues and tend more toward shorter and faster riding style, the solution was to remove a strategic bit of foam and to reduce the rigidly of the fronto-lateral contours of the seat (sorry for the surgeon speak) so that my feet can touch the ground flat footed. Quite an achievement when you realize I have a 30" inseam and size 8.5 shoes! My ride is now more comfortable at stops with no noticeable loss of sitzplatz--in fact, I now have a bit of back support when I scoot back against passenger area since it was not lowered, and my package has more room to spread out while riding. Now if only I could find a way to bring my Iso Grips a bit closer to me...

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Off the shelf, mass-produced, 'one or 2 sizes fit most' seats will never match the comfort of a seat made specifically for you.

Foam densities, dimensions, shapes, etc, all different on one-off 'user specific' seats.

I truly wish I could enjoy an 'off the shelf' seat. Also had an OEM seat 'custom carved' for me by a popular seat modification guy,,, All were better than OEM, yes, but not the best I've ever had.

I can't say for certain that RDL is the only Custom seat manufacturer that works, but it's the only one that has worked for me each and every time.

(Rumor mill has it Russ Meyer and RDL were associated at one time in the past. I believe Russ uses foam only for heavier riders where RDL uses foam and a separate suspension)

I still get a kick out of the aluminum diamond plate seats I see on some Bobbers at the local haunt every now and then! I think I'd rather get smacked in the azz with a cast iron skillet than ride that dayum thing!!! :icon_biggrin:

hiflyer
10-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Off the shelf, mass-produced, 'one or 2 sizes fit most' seats will never match the comfort of a seat made specifically for you.

Foam densities, dimensions, shapes, etc, all different on one-off 'user specific' seats.

I truly wish I could enjoy an 'off the shelf' seat. Also had an OEM seat 'custom carved' for me by a popular seat modification guy,,, All were better than OEM, yes, but not the best I've ever had.

I can't say for certain that RDL is the only Custom seat manufacturer that works, but it's the only one that has worked for me each and every time.

(Rumor mill has it Russ Meyer and RDL were associated at one time in the past. I believe Russ uses foam only for heavier riders where RDL uses foam and a separate suspension)

I still get a kick out of the aluminum diamond plate seats I see on some Bobbers at the local haunt every now and then! I think I'd rather get smacked in the azz with a cast iron skillet than ride that dayum thing!!! :icon_biggrin:

Russ and Rocky Meyer's dad is the one who invented the RDL saddle. There was a, let's say, disagreement, amongst the brothers after dad's death, and both made seats. RDL is the only one who can make the type they do.

Scotrod
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Russ and Rocky Meyer's dad is the one who invented the RDL saddle. There was a, let's say, disagreement, amongst the brothers after dad's death, and both made seats. RDL is the only one who can make the type they do.

Sounds like I wasn't too far off! Thanks for the added info! :yes:

hiflyer
10-09-2013, 10:48 PM
It's been a few years since I thought about the Mayers, so I had to reinvestigate. Bill Mayer invented the day long saddle, sold the business in the mid eighties to Russell, had a five year non compete. Started building seats again but using foam alone, as opposed to the day long saddle. Bill Mayer Saddles is owned by Bill's son Rocky. Rick Mayer builds seats too. I think both are of similar design. I don't know who builds the better seat between the two sons, because I have only had the Russell, the best seat IMHO, bar none.

MichaelG
10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
It's been a few years since I thought about the Mayers, so I had to reinvestigate. Bill Mayer invented the day long saddle, sold the business in the mid eighties to Russell, had a five year non compete. Started building seats again but using foam alone, as opposed to the day long saddle. Bill Mayer Saddles is owned by Bill's son Rocky. Rick Mayer builds seats too. I think both are of similar design. I don't know who builds the better seat between the two sons, because I have only had the Russell, the best seat IMHO, bar none.

hiflyer...you are the closest to being correct...so..I will just award the prize to you.

The facts are...Bill Mayer was the inventor of what we all today call the Russell Day-Long saddle. Many years ago, Bill Mayer sold the company and patents to Don & Donna Russell. They changed the name to be the Russell Day-Long saddle. The non-compete clause was for 20 years...not 5 years. After the 20 years had expired...Bill started to make seats again, and you are right, they were just a foam seat...not the suspension system that Russell uses. That patent is still owned by the RDL company. A few years after that, Don Russell died, and the company was run solely by Donna Russell, and all her workers. Then RICK Mayer and ROCKY Mayer got into the seat building business. Rick Mayer used to be a surgical heart nurse, and he used his knowledge from the operating room to make decisions on what densities of foam to use. Rick Mayer Cycles is located in Anderson, Cal, about 10 miles south of Redding, Cal. Rocky Mayer's company...called the Bill Mayer seats...is located in Ojai, Cal.

Then...Bill Mayer died, and the two brothers had a falling out. There is no doubt that Rick Mayer builds a better seat than his brother Rocky. Both have been sponsors of the IronButt Association over time, on and off. Rick Mayer Cycles continues to be a growing business, and he builds a lot of seats. Rocky's company...Bill Mayer seats, has faded over the last 10 years, and little is heard from him anymore, although he still makes a living building seats.

After a few years of running the business on her own, Donna Russell sold the business to Terry Bradford, and he moved the company from Fall River Mills, Cal. to where it is now, in Shasta Lake City, Cal, about 7 miles north of Redding, Cal.

To date...Russell Day-Long saddles is the only company that can and will build a seat that uses the internal suspension system. At the start of any IronButt Rally...the 11,000 miles in 11 days Rally, at least 80 % of the bikes in the parking lot will have a Russell Day-Long saddle on them, and for good reason.

As hiflyer stated...the best seat ...bar none. :077:

Phantom
10-10-2013, 02:09 AM
I found my ultimate seat ...... :shhh:

Darkknight
10-11-2013, 06:57 AM
The only thing I miss about the bike I sold to get the F6B was the Ultimates seat.:icon_frown:
I had hurt my tail bone on the stock seat of my Royalstar and for a year I had trouble sitting in a chair, let alone ride my motorcycle. I spent what seemed like crazy money ($1000) on a new seat, the Ultimate Midrider with rider's backrest. It was wonderful.

Last weekend I saw my old bike and litterally ran over to it to park my butt on that seat again. It was sweet!:icon_razz:
I went home and called Dez at Ultimate. He said the Midrider should be ready for production in 2 weeks. :clap2: I'm sure with the size of our seats the new one won't be inexpensive.

Another thing about the Ultimate is they make their own pans, so they don't require your stock seat. You can alway go back to the original configuration. AND a 2 week return policy, if you don't like it, send it back.

Of course I just found out how expensive it is to ship one of our seats.... I understand a Corbin is 15 lbs heavier than our stock seat, but to ship from CT to NC by FED EX was $157 and change. :jerkit:OUCH! It cost Corbin $65 to ship it to me from California.
I probably could have save a bunch by not using Corbin's Packaging. More bubble wrap and a smaller box would have been cheaper.

Cool Hand Luke
10-11-2013, 10:13 AM
It's becoming a trend:2589

Also, a new seat for 2,000 mile days, now there is no need to stop!2590

A hell raiser inspired seat: 2591

And of course the always popular hammock style! 2592

wishey1
10-14-2013, 10:58 PM
...I had a Russell on my gs1200 and I did 500 mile days all the way to Alaska with
no trouble at all........I must admit I miss that seat more than the bike which I loved.

but dude 2,000 mile days...? :bowdown:

JesseS
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
I like being comfortable on the bike so will look into a Day Long over my long time fav Ultimate. But anything over 500 mile days for me defeats the purpose of riding a bike, which is to ENJOY the ride and freedom to just cruise along and enjoy the scenery. Doing marathon rides from point A to point B at 80-90 MPH on the freeway is not my idea of fun, you get to see nothing except your start and end points. I took 21 days to get across Canada, camping out and taking any road that looked like it might be interesting, meeting nice people and getting suggestions on what NOT to miss. I did the same on a back and forth trip coast to coast, staying OFF the damn freeways as much as possible, and averaging 200-300 miles a day for 5 weeks...... now that is the way to enjoy riding. Piling on the miles just for the sake of making your odometer spin is a real shame, as you miss so much as you zoom past. Take time to smell the roses.

Scotrod
10-15-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm right there with ya, Jesse! :yes:
Finding time to smell the roses or go someplace semi-close that I haven't been before is my challenge,,,

Breaking away for a week is easier for some than others. :icon_frown:

Wife and I spent a week in the Ozarks about a month ago,,, Work makes it all seem like a distant memory,,,

Westernbiker
10-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I like being comfortable on the bike so will look into a Day Long over my long time fav Ultimate. But anything over 500 mile days for me defeats the purpose of riding a bike, which is to ENJOY the ride and freedom to just cruise along and enjoy the scenery. Doing marathon rides from point A to point B at 80-90 MPH on the freeway is not my idea of fun, you get to see nothing except your start and end points. I took 21 days to get across Canada, camping out and taking any road that looked like it might be interesting, meeting nice people and getting suggestions on what NOT to miss. I did the same on a back and forth trip coast to coast, staying OFF the damn freeways as much as possible, and averaging 200-300 miles a day for 5 weeks...... now that is the way to enjoy riding. Piling on the miles just for the sake of making your odometer spin is a real shame, as you miss so much as you zoom past. Take time to smell the roses.

+1
I agree Jesse!
I have ridden over 1000 miles a day on a few occasions.........SO WHAT! Who the heck cares! It is no big feat!:jerkit:
200 to 400 a day is the way to go. Stop all over the place, see all attractions, meet the locals, PARTY with the locals.:biggthumpup: You find all the best places if you spend some time with the locals. Best restaurants, best places to stay, best attractions, best party spots, best bands in town, best dance places and on and on. I also travel mostly with NO PLAN! maybe the first night I might know where I am going to stay and have a reservation but the rest of the trip, I just wing it, because I never know where I will be. I have found the best spots doing exactly that.

kjelders
10-15-2013, 12:21 PM

:icon_goodpost:

I did my saddlesore 1,000 and that was enough for me. It's amazing to see what you have been missing on the roads you ride often when you slow down enough to look off at the scenery.

At the same time, (Sparky) congrats on your many miles of riding.

1951vbs
10-15-2013, 01:46 PM
+1
I agree Jesse!
I have ridden over 1000 miles a day on a few occasions.........SO WHAT! Who the heck cares! It is no big feat!:jerkit:
200 to 400 a day is the way to go. Stop all over the place, see all attractions, meet the locals, PARTY with the locals.:biggthumpup: You find all the best places if you spend some time with the locals. Best restaurants, best places to stay, best attractions, best party spots, best bands in town, best dance places and on and on. I also travel mostly with NO PLAN! maybe the first night I might know where I am going to stay and have a reservation but the rest of the trip, I just wing it, because I never know where I will be. I have found the best spots doing exactly that.

I guess some of us just like to ride more than we like to "meet the locals, PARTY with the locals" and find "Best restaurants, best places to stay, best attractions, best party spots, best bands in town, best dance places and on and on:jerkit:". When you ride a few more miles a day you also get to do some of those things, but I would rather be riding than stopping to party. When you ride a long day you still have time when you stop for the night to do what you want. I have had lots of long days that include going down a new, interesting road or the one less travelled, meeting interesting people, but even then you can rack up the miles. All you have to do is open your eyes. Do you look at the white line all day long? I like to find the best roads! Not the best party or dance spot. That's for when I go to the Caribbean with my wife. Any way you can travel as you want and I will continue to rack up the miles looking at the scenery, riding the best roads and smelling the roses when I stop for gas.

chipmaker
10-15-2013, 02:21 PM
+1
I agree Jesse!

I also agree, I've been riding for 25 years, and never understood, IB, SS or whatever you want to call them. 300-400 miles a day with my wife or buddies is more than enough for me. Anyone riding mega miles a day are no more riders to me than guys taking a date to dinner or DQ. I'm just not impressed. And your product endorsements are no more important than anyone else.

Scotrod
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
The Wife and I like to ~ride~ for entertainment/therapy, with short and / or semi-long stops along the way. Some of our best rides were lazy putts through rural 2 lanes, with a stop for a cold drink, gas, lunch, look at some of the bikes at the local haunt,, whatever,,, 200-300 a day. No hurry, no worry,,, More therapeutic than anything else. Rarely do we ever 'travel' on the bikes, at least not for more than a few hours / up to a ~day~ out.

Some may ride a bajillion miles, some may only get out once every 6 months. I find either of those 2 situations to be a bit 'different', and nothing I care to do myself, but, as long as I don't have to do either one of 'em, I'm good!
:icon_biggrin:

MichaelG
10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I also agree, I've been riding for 25 years, and never understood, IB, SS or whatever you want to call them. 300-400 miles a day with my wife or buddies is more than enough for me. Anyone riding mega miles a day are no more riders to me than guys taking a date to dinner or DQ. I'm just not impressed. And your product endorsements are no more important than anyone else.

Now, let's all agree to be polite here...okay ?

I can appreciate that many of you do not like to ride a lot of miles on any given day. That is your choice, and I am not going to be critical of you for riding 200 to 500 miles in a day. Ride the way you want to, and I will not demean you for doing so. On the same note...I would ask that you not demean me or others than want to do 1000+ miles a day. That is our choice. I do not think less of you because you "choose" to ride 300 miles a day, and stop and smell the roses...as you call it. So, out of respect, please do not think less of me because I do ride 1000+ miles a day, and do my own version of smelling the roses.

Now, that is saying it nicely...politely.

I could defend my ways and methods of riding with a lot more fervor, and I could be critical of the very few miles that some of you ride, but what would be the point ? We each ride our own bikes...individually...at our own pace. You do your thing...and I will do my thing.

But I will defend one point that was made in criticism...and that was the statement that, "And your product endorsements are no more important than anyone else". The word..."important" is a subjective word, that carries no specific value. Therefore I am forced to agree that your statement is not incorrect. However, to put a fine point on this...my product endorsements based on my motorcycle riding experiences carry more weight than a rider than has ridden 1/10th the mileage I have. Now, that is a statement that declares a value, because...if I have ridden more than 1,000,000 miles over the course of 43 years, and I endorse a product, it means more to the riding community than a rider that has ridden 100,000 miles, over the same 43 year time span.

If a person does not agree with my opinion on a product endorsement, they are free to choose whatever product they want to use. Example, I have very clearly stated that a Russell Day-Long saddle is NOT for everyone. I have stated that it is for people that like to ride longer distances, and for people that have bad backs, injured backs, etc. And yet, I almost always put in the disclaimer that every butt is different, and...if your seat works for you, and you are happy with it, then it is the best seat for you.

No one here is forcing anyone else to go out and buy a product. But common sense...and logic...would dictate that if Rider A rides 45,000 miles a year for 40+ years...and Rider B rides 1,000 miles a year for 40+ years, then Rider A would have more experience on the road, testing products, trying out different boots, tires, seats,. clothing, etc., and if Rider A wanted to help or assist others in the riding community, Rider A would share that wealth of information with others.

My personal opinions about products, or how many miles to ride each day may differ from what someone else may think, but there is no need or reason to criticize any one of us, because of what we do, use, or think.

BTW, for the record...I have ridden more than 150 Saddlesore 1000's (1000 miles in a day), and more than 75 Bunburner 1500's (1500 miles in 36 hours), and more than 50 BunBurner Gold (1500 miles in 24 hours) and more than 5 Pile Driver 2000's (2000 miles in 24 hours.) I do that because I want to, not because I am forced to. I "see" all that I want to...but I do it at a higher speed than most do. That doesn't mean I don't see the same things, or less...or more. I see what I want to see, and smell what I want to smell, and meet those that I want to met, and eat at places where I want to eat...and I do not begrudge others that do it their own way. I no longer send paperwork into the IBA to have certified for every ride that I do, as it is no longer needed by me, or for me. The IBA knows who I am, and how I ride. In January I rode down to Bolivia and Chile, and rode back home. 15,125 miles in 28 days..there and back. Rode the entire way. All I do is send a few pictures to the IBA, they review them, and they know where I have been.

I ride for myself...my way. Maybe the rest of you should do the same.

1951vbs
10-15-2013, 04:01 PM

I certainly do not ride to impress anyone. I ride because I like to ride. I wouldn't expect you to understand me, how could you. You own a car and a truck! I don't participate in IBA events but I respect those who do. The 1000 mile day is their lowest award and many can accomplish that but 48 states in 10 days, now that sounds like fun!

As far as product endorsements go, I would rather hear from someone who has put those products through their paces and knows how they perform. What good is someones opinion if all they have to offer is what the brochure says.

Scotrod
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Not aimed at anyone in particular, but telling us what you've done/where you've been is fine, however, it gets quite nauseating hearing it over and over and over again.

"I think this,,,," is cool

I think this,,,, because I've ridden to Mars and back 849 times in 98 years",,, eh,, that's a whole different kind of 'message'.

Don't try to separate/elevate yourself above others, unintentionally or otherwise. That's not why we are here.

Cool Hand Luke
10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
I thought this thread is about Ultimate Seats, not who racks more miles in a saddle. So, let's stop it right now. It seems to me some people that read this thread used and like Ultimate Seat products and they became upset when other seat manufacturer is being mentiond here as being better/superior performing product than Ultimate for some, even with disclaimers. So, why don't we just keep this thread about Ultimate Seats and not any other seat? If one wants to mention another product, why not just start another thread?

I am going to stop at Ultimate Seat store at Destination Daytona this week and inquire about F6B seat. If it's on display I will try it and take pictures and post them here upon my return.

I still have a stock seat on mine and am still looking around for a new seat, but Air Hawk Cushion does a great job for me so far. The most riding I did on F6B so far in a day was over 700 miles in one day and was not sore at all so we'll see.

I do believe that high mileage riders have a great insight from wast experience about products they used, so I welcome the review/endorsement, but I'll make up my own mind anyway. Let's refrain about writing about a completely different product than the thread was intended for no matter how strong we feel about it being superior. In this case there already are several threads about RDL products so I don't see the need to include it here. If you're not into Ultimate Seats guess what, maybe this thread was not intended for you.

RDL may be in my future too but I never tried or or seen it, none of my friends have it, so I appreciate Miles reviews of it in other threads I read about it. It's not the best looking seat either but that's subjective. One of my closest friends has Ultimate Seat on his Rune and he swears by it, I tried it several times and liked it. I think Ultimate makes a high quality product. I also don't plan on doing 2000 miles in a day ever so RDL may be an overkill for me. But I'm still reading and trying to figure everything out so I appreciate all the comments so far.

1951vbs
10-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Not aimed at anyone in particular, but telling us what you've done/where you've been is fine, however, it gets quite nauseating hearing it over and over and over again.

I think this,,,, because I've ridden to Mars and back 849 times in 98 years",,, eh,, that's a whole different kind of 'message'.

Don't try to separate/elevate yourself above others, unintentionally or otherwise. That's not why we are here.

I wouldn't know much about the folks on this forum except for them posting it (even more than once) and I learn something new all the time. You seem kind of sensitive or maybe insensitive, but thats cool. I find it kind of nauseating when I see the same folks posting no mind comments just because they can but I just read past it.

Scotrod
10-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't know much about the folks on this forum except for them posting it (even more than once) and I learn something new all the time. You seem kind of sensitive or maybe insensitive, but thats cool. I find it kind of nauseating when I see the same folks posting no mind comments just because they can but I just read past it.

No worries! Communication is a lost art,,, even tougher online!

Phantom
10-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen .....

We don't need to get into a "my pecker is bigger than your pecker" conversation, lets keep the drama outside before entering our home.

I ask that you Please respect each others' experiences and either absorb, enjoy, question or ignore the knowledge being shared.

No one is born with WISDOM it is learned from the experiences of others. I come to this website to learn from all of you so that I can make my own decisions based on what suits my riding style. I am a casual rider, kind of like a social drinker. I'm content if I am able to put 5,000 to 10,000 miles under my belt in a year. I have no need or plans to own a RDL seat, however it is evident to me that those that ride 1000 miles in a day have benefited from the comfort provided by the RDL seat.

I am currently satisfied with my CORBIN and ULTIMATE seats (on other bikes), each serves a different purpose and works for me. Can we now talk about oil and filters or better yet how do we turn off the saddle bag dome lights.

MichaelG
10-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Can we now talk about oil and filters or better yet how do we turn off the saddle bag dome lights.

My saddlebag dome lights stopped working after I was struck by lightning :shock:

Scotrod
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I thought this thread is about Ultimate Seats,. So, why don't we just keep this thread about Ultimate Seats and not any other seat? If one wants to mention another product, why not just start another thread?
Let's refrain about writing about a completely different product than the thread was intended for no matter how strong we feel about it being superior. In this case there already are several threads about RDL products so I don't see the need to include it here. If you're not into Ultimate Seats guess what, maybe this thread was not intended for you.

Threads never stay 100% on topic, let alone a specific brand in a seat thread. Just one of the joys of Forums.

I am going to stop at Ultimate Seat store at Destination Daytona this week and inquire about F6B seat. If it's on display I will try it and take pictures and post them here upon my return.

Please do. Hadn't heard that anything from Ult was available yet, but it should be,,, eventually.

One of my closest friends has Ultimate Seat on his Rune and he swears by it, I tried it several times and liked it. I think Ultimate makes a high quality product. I also don't plan on doing 2000 miles in a day ever so RDL may be an overkill for me. But I'm still reading and trying to figure everything out so I appreciate all the comments so far.

Lotsa folks swear by Ultimate. Same goes for Mustang. Both are "One or 2 sizes fit most", and they do!!!

I'm north of 300 lbs, and the foam density in the Ultimate's, for me, is inadequate,,, they go 'limp' and I end up riding the pan. Might be fine for other folks, just not for me.

Wife had an Ultimate low rider on her 'Liner. She's not 'petite', but no where near my size (Thank God!!) She said the 'Ultimate was great!', but towards the end of the day, only one of us was standing up at the stoplights due to 'numb butt'. Her.

Heck, if it works for ya, cool beans!

One thing that does have me wondering on the Ult F6B seat is the (yet to be announced) price,,, If the Ultimate Goldwing seat prices are any indication of what one might expect to shell out for an F6B seat (same pan, roughly the same ~general~ overall size),,, well, the playing field between an Ultimate and 'custom made' just got a lot closer, except 'custom made' might just end up being the less expensive of the 2.

Westernbiker
10-16-2013, 09:54 AM

+1
That's what I've been hinting at but they don't seem to get it!

Darkknight
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I thought this thread is about Ultimate Seats, not who racks more miles in a saddle. So, let's stop it right now. It seems to me some people that read this thread used and like Ultimate Seat products and they became upset when other seat manufacturer is being mentiond here as being better/superior performing product than Ultimate for some, even with disclaimers. So, why don't we just keep this thread about Ultimate Seats and not any other seat? If one wants to mention another product, why not just start another thread?

I still have a stock seat on mine and am still looking around for a new seat, but Air Hawk Cushion does a great job for me so far. The most riding I did on F6B so far in a day was over 700 miles in one day and was not sore at all so we'll see.

I do believe that high mileage riders have a great insight from wast experience about products they used, so I welcome the review/endorsement, but I'll make up my own mind anyway. Let's refrain about writing about a completely different product than the thread was intended for no matter how strong we feel about it being superior. In this case there already are several threads about RDL products so I don't see the need to include it here. If you're not into Ultimate Seats guess what, maybe this thread was not intended for you.

RDL may be in my future too but I never tried or or seen it, none of my friends have it, so I appreciate Miles reviews of it in other threads I read about it. It's not the best looking seat either but that's subjective. One of my closest friends has Ultimate Seat on his Rune and he swears by it, I tried it several times and liked it. I think Ultimate makes a high quality product. I also don't plan on doing 2000 miles in a day ever so RDL may be an overkill for me. But I'm still reading and trying to figure everything out so I appreciate all the comments so far.

C H Luke,
Please post pictures of the f6b Ultimate if you see it. I called ultimate about a week back and Des said about 2 weeks.
I've checked their wedsite daily since. I loved my last bike's Ultimate seat!
I'd like to get one before the snow flies up here in CT. It would really be nice if it didn't snow here this year but that is wishfull thinking. A five to eight hour ride is about all sweetie and I want in one day. We plan on going to Franklin next year, but at a leisurely pace. Probably at least one overnight stop.

Cool Hand Luke
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi, my small group just arrived at our hotel for the night. Had a slight misshap, one of my riding friends accidentally put diesel fuel in his GW, bike stalled as he was pulling away and he dropped it. Didn't get hurt but lost several hours.

I want to thank Savannah Honda Dealer (there is only one), they promptly towed my friend's bike in, found out what was wrong (at a time he thought maybe his fuel pump gave out, he didn't realize he pumped the wrong fuel) and sent us back on the road ASAP. In the end they didn't even charge my friend for towing ($75)! Now, that's service!

So, everything is fine, made it in OK, nothing got hurt but his pride. The pump station (Chevron) had a diesel pump separate but next to regular, and they both fit in GW gas tank opening (I know for cars one cannot put diesel in the tank as nozzle is wider). So all be careful out there, it can be an easy mistake to make,especially in a hurry!

We plan to stay in Daytona Thursday and Friday, then head out to Orlando and see AIMExpo Saturday, maybe ride to Cedar Key and then back home Sunday!

Definitely planning on meeting everyone at Friday breakfast!

I will stop by Ultimate Seats either tomorrow or Friday, I hope they will show me something, but who knows? I'll post it here either way.

I am getting more curious about RDL saddles, I hope somebody will have one on their F6B at the breakfast. I just don't have much experience with them.

Richie
10-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I have pictures of the new Mustang seat for the f6. It looks like a nice seat, as of yet i have no idea of price but expect a price any day. I can't post pictures because i'm old and have no idea how to do so. I have three pictures on e-mail if someone wants to message me there e-mail, i will send it to them to post here.

Richie

Steve 0080
10-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Richie...send them to me ...I will help you !

Richie
10-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Richie...send them to me ...I will help you !

Thanks Steve, Was going to send pictures to you and lost them in my attempt. I just called Mark at Mustang and left a message for him to resend the pictures and will try again.
Mark may be at bike week. Again the seat does look good.
Richie

Cool Hand Luke
10-19-2013, 08:56 PM
OK, went to Ultimate Seats store at Destination Daytona. I was shown a picture of F6B seat on iphone, foam only. Very nice shape, wider for passenger than stock. I was also told it will be deeper foam layer than stock for passenger, and this seat is midrider kind. Seat will accept backrests which will be removable. Cover is already made, they are waiting for seat to come back with reshaped foam to put cover on it.

Even though I saw pictures of the seat on iphone I was told I won't be allowed to get any pictures and post it here. Ultimate will release pictures when seat is finalized, not before. I was told maybe another two weeks. I was shown a black seatless F6B in their garage area which is being used for making the new seat, so definitely coming soon. No price yet either.

Midrider seat will put you in about the same as stock position. Months later Ultimate will release King seat which will seat the rider about 2-3 inches more back.

Then I went to Mustang Seats, no pictures either but the gentleman I spoke with said he saw the seat for F6B, it is finished, only waiting to figure out the price point. There will be options, such as different seat inserts in colors etc. He told me it will be available very soon, maybe even next week. No price available yet.

fl1madmax
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Now, let's all agree to be polite here...okay ?

I can appreciate that many of you do not like to ride a lot of miles on any given day. That is your choice, and I am not going to be critical of you for riding 200 to 500 miles in a day. Ride the way you want to, and I will not demean you for doing so. On the same note...I would ask that you not demean me or others than want to do 1000+ miles a day. That is our choice. I do not think less of you because you "choose" to ride 300 miles a day, and stop and smell the roses...as you call it. So, out of respect, please do not think less of me because I do ride 1000+ miles a day, and do my own version of smelling the roses.

Now, that is saying it nicely...politely.

I could defend my ways and methods of riding with a lot more fervor, and I could be critical of the very few miles that some of you ride, but what would be the point ? We each ride our own bikes...individually...at our own pace. You do your thing...and I will do my thing.

But I will defend one point that was made in criticism...and that was the statement that, "And your product endorsements are no more important than anyone else". The word..."important" is a subjective word, that carries no specific value. Therefore I am forced to agree that your statement is not incorrect. However, to put a fine point on this...my product endorsements based on my motorcycle riding experiences carry more weight than a rider than has ridden 1/10th the mileage I have. Now, that is a statement that declares a value, because...if I have ridden more than 1,000,000 miles over the course of 43 years, and I endorse a product, it means more to the riding community than a rider that has ridden 100,000 miles, over the same 43 year time span.

If a person does not agree with my opinion on a product endorsement, they are free to choose whatever product they want to use. Example, I have very clearly stated that a Russell Day-Long saddle is NOT for everyone. I have stated that it is for people that like to ride longer distances, and for people that have bad backs, injured backs, etc. And yet, I almost always put in the disclaimer that every butt is different, and...if your seat works for you, and you are happy with it, then it is the best seat for you.

No one here is forcing anyone else to go out and buy a product. But common sense...and logic...would dictate that if Rider A rides 45,000 miles a year for 40+ years...and Rider B rides 1,000 miles a year for 40+ years, then Rider A would have more experience on the road, testing products, trying out different boots, tires, seats,. clothing, etc., and if Rider A wanted to help or assist others in the riding community, Rider A would share that wealth of information with others.

My personal opinions about products, or how many miles to ride each day may differ from what someone else may think, but there is no need or reason to criticize any one of us, because of what we do, use, or think.

BTW, for the record...I have ridden more than 150 Saddlesore 1000's (1000 miles in a day), and more than 75 Bunburner 1500's (1500 miles in 36 hours), and more than 50 BunBurner Gold (1500 miles in 24 hours) and more than 5 Pile Driver 2000's (2000 miles in 24 hours.) I do that because I want to, not because I am forced to. I "see" all that I want to...but I do it at a higher speed than most do. That doesn't mean I don't see the same things, or less...or more. I see what I want to see, and smell what I want to smell, and meet those that I want to met, and eat at places where I want to eat...and I do not begrudge others that do it their own way. I no longer send paperwork into the IBA to have certified for every ride that I do, as it is no longer needed by me, or for me. The IBA knows who I am, and how I ride. In January I rode down to Bolivia and Chile, and rode back home. 15,125 miles in 28 days..there and back. Rode the entire way. All I do is send a few pictures to the IBA, they review them, and they know where I have been.

I ride for myself...my way. Maybe the rest of you should do the same.

I have done Both, and love just being on a Scooter, and by Scooter , I started with A Honda 50 Cub, and drive 180 Miles to see my dad, the it was Honda 90 Sport, 160CB, 450, 305 Super hawk, 300 Dream, ton of 750 K Honda's
650 Yammie's, 750 Yamaha, 900Kaw, 3 Kawasaki Concurs, 4 Gold Wings and 5 Harley s, 3 trips all over US and 10,000 !!!! in 27 days Camping, now I have one more year to work and me and my Star Ship Enterprise (that's what my Harley guys call it ) are gong to take 5 months and camp every where, SO WHAT EVER YOU LIKE DO IT SAFE and Keep the Rubber Side Down !

ghostrider
10-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Not meaning to open up this can again but I envy Miles not for the miles he's riden but for the places he's seen, the adventures he's had and exploring he's done...........Which is why I ride. :icon_biggrin:

kjelders
10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Not meaning to open up this can again but I envy Miles not for the miles he's riden but for the places he's seen, the adventures he's had and exploring he's done...........Which is why I ride. :icon_biggrin:

I agree......However, I don't envy the "sparky" moment. I just don't care to try the Ben Franklin experiment. :icon_mrgreen:

ghostrider
10-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I agree......However, I don't envy the "sparky" moment. I just don't care to try the Ben Franklin experiment. :icon_mrgreen:

Lol, very true. I guess it comes with the territory.

Memphian
11-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Has Ultimate released anything regarding their F6B seats? I assume they will sooner or later since they still advertise here on this site.

Steve 0080
11-16-2013, 03:35 PM
When the seat comes out I will be standing at their front door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mustangjake
11-16-2013, 04:51 PM
:banghead: they told me it would be ready last weekend but that didn't happen.

fl1madmax
11-16-2013, 09:25 PM
:banghead: they told me it would be ready last weekend but that didn't happen.

Des has the Ultimate first seat in Show Room, NOW, there in production and will be avail 2 weeks, its on their
Black F6B they used for Demo, I live 80 miles south and will be there first week in Dec to get mine installed.
will post pics and let you know if there are any Problems with Saddle Bag latches or Cover removal.

Steve 0080
11-17-2013, 12:13 AM
fl1 madmax...If you will let me know when you are going and I will try to meet you there !!!

Memphian
11-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update.

Hook
11-17-2013, 03:22 PM
This is my Ultimate Seat....and I call it a Russ-Cor seat:icon_doh: The seat is a Corbin Smuggler and I love the looks of it but a wanted a little padding on my butt. So I had Russell Day Long redo my seat and WOW I love it now.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/photo5_zps244ec323.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/photo5_zps244ec323.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/photo4_zpse17c9d34.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/photo4_zpse17c9d34.jpg.html)

bobbyf6b
11-17-2013, 05:17 PM
That looks awesome Hook!

.score10/10

fl1madmax
11-17-2013, 07:02 PM
fl1 madmax...If you will let me know when you are going and I will try to meet you there !!!

Going to Georgia , our property on 129 in Cleveland Ga, for last week in November , so it will be after Dec 3rd when I get back !
you can reach me at FL1MADMAX@AOL.COM OR 321-728-7878 John Formichella

Steve 0080
11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Cool...keep me in mind .... I may run over on the 5th