PDA

View Full Version : Winter gathering in Fla?

Darkknight
11-14-2014, 05:14 AM
Well, it had to happen sooner or later. It's snowing here in CT.:icon_evil:

This is when I really start to daydream about retirement, warmer locations and riding all year long. That's all a few years down the road.
I hate to trailer my bike. In fact I never have, but riding in the snow sucks.:icon_frown: I do have an open trailer and a truck so I can do it if I need to.

Here's the question...
I'm trying to remember, at the Franklin Rally this year, wasn't there talk about a gathering this winter in or near Daytona? Was there a date and location?

bob109
11-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Well, it had to happen sooner or later. It's snowing here in CT.:icon_evil:

This is when I really start to daydream about retirement, warmer locations and riding all year long. That's all a few years down the road.
I hate to trailer my bike. In fact I never have, but riding in the snow sucks.:icon_frown: I do have an open trailer and a truck so I can do it if I need to.

Here's the question...
I'm trying to remember, at the Franklin Rally this year, wasn't there talk about a gathering this winter in or near Daytona? Was there a date and location?

I've felt your pain! Residing in NE Pa. and now retired I have a 12 month riding season. Mid April thru mid Oct in Pa. and the balance of the year in sunny Fl., makes for some great riding. I have a enclosed trailer and haul my 6 behind my DP Motorhome. The trailer serves as a garage while in Fl. and gives me the opportunity to carry some additional toys i.e. golf clubs, spare tires and a small refrigerator for that occasional "cold one".

I think per capita, Florida has more F6B owners than any other state! Shouldn't be hard in getting a gathering together. Having a event over a long weekend would probably be easier on folks who are still working and not retired! Just saying:039: