PDA

View Full Version : Can I still be one of the F6B Homies?

kjelders
11-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2 tone blue/gray color. Unless a miracle happens and someone buys my F6B I have for sale today, I will have both in my man cave.......for awhile anyway. Can I still be one of the homies?

Before I pick it up, they will be putting chrome min apes bars on, Cobra tri-oval exhaust, bluetooth dongle, ABS,
It comes stock with dual heated seat, heated grips and 41 gal storage capacity.

opas ride
11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I have kind of a reverse situation with the VMC..(Victory Motorcycle Club)..I traded my Victory Vision Tour (2011) for my F6B and still ride and attend some events of the VMC and continue to be a member..Great bunch of local guys to associate with as Honda has no such club chapters around here...They let me ride with them and I enjoy "spanking" them on occasional runs...You will like the Victory as I have ridden and owned a few, including the CCT, but am always glad to get back on my F6B...Regards, and yes, you have my support!!

kjelders
11-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Opas, thank you. What Victory or Victory Cross Country Tour forum(s) you would recommend?

I really only have one complaint with the F6B and/or Goldwing. Even with highway pegs, custom seat, mini boards, and even with the mustang seat; No matter if I ride less 100 miles or 600 miles in a day, I have lots of pain in my hips when done. On v-twins with forward controls I don't have that pain.

Trike lady
11-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Congrats on the new bike and yes you can stay here.
The only Victory forum I know of is this one: http://www.victoryforums.com/

edgeman55
11-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Nice looking Cross Country I'm sure you will enjoy it.I was looking hard at a Victory Vision before the F6B came out.I came off a Roadstar and did like the foward foot position.:yes:

F6BPDX
11-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Can I still be one of the homies?

Hmm, depends....can you still organize the West Coast meet up and do I get to test ride the Victory? :icon_lol:

Great looking bike KJ, hope it gives you the ride you are looking for. :yes:

opas ride
11-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Opas, thank you. What Victory or Victory Cross Country Tour forum(s) you would recommend?

I really only have one complaint with the F6B and/or Goldwing. Even with highway pegs, custom seat, mini boards, and even with the mustang seat; No matter if I ride less 100 miles or 600 miles in a day, I have lots of pain in my hips when done. On v-twins with forward controls I don't have that pain.

Should be able to get all the info you need by going to Bing or Google and search for thevmcforums or just thevmc...The site offers different models info and is easy to navigate and get info on your particular bike as well as all others....I found the Vision to be the absolute best touring bike for comfort over long distances. The XCT will fit your needs also just fine..More wind noise and turbulence than the Vision, but easy to stay comfortable on long rides...I do get a little hip and high shoulder dis-comfort with the F6B on occasion, but don't ride much anymore on rides longer than 50/60 miles at a time...One of the reasons I traded the Vision for the F6B, plus I love the power and smoothness on the Honda, although at times I also miss the V-twin feeling....Regards

kjelders
11-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Should be able to get all the info you need by going to Bing or Google and search for thevmcforums or just thevmc...The site offers different models info and is easy to navigate and get info on your particular bike as well as all others....Good Luck

I have viewed a couple of forum sites. I'm just hoping that I find one as great as our F6B is!

F6BPDX,
Yes, I will still put the PNW-F6B/Victory CC -2015 together! :icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

Texas TC
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Really hate to see ya go away from the F6B. However, ya gotta buy what ya want. My only advice is be careful with Polaris warranty. I had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago it put a bad taste in my mouth about that company. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy.

motoman
11-14-2014, 04:05 PM
WHAT??

No way.

Clean out your desk, turn in your badge to Security.

:039:

kjelders
11-14-2014, 04:16 PM
WHAT??

No way.

Ah man! I just polished my badge too! :icon_mrgreen:

XKnight
11-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Really hate to see ya go away from the F6B. However, ya gotta buy what ya want. My only advice is be careful with Polaris warranty. I had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago it put a bad taste in my mouth about that company. Good luck with your new bike and enjoy.

Same here! I had a horrible experience with my Victory Cross Roads while it was under warranty so I decided to cut my losses and get rid of the Vic.

The Victory definitely has the most leg room of any other bike. Much more room than the F6B or any Harley I ever owned.

Good luck with the new Victory kjelders. Be prepared to add a few thousand to get the performance up to par.

F6BPDX
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Ah man! I just polished my badge too! :icon_mrgreen:

Hey now, careful with the innuendos!!:yikes:

Big Jay
11-14-2014, 09:15 PM
KJ you always gona be one of the f6b homies, looking forward to next years PNW gathering . Nice looking vic by the way. Enjoy the ride brother . :biker: :congrats:

motoman
11-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Hey now, careful with the innuendos!!:yikes:

At least he didn't polish his 'dongle'... :shock:

erazor55
11-14-2014, 10:53 PM
WHAT??

No way.

Badge? We don't need no badge. We don't need no badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

JohnnyF6B
11-15-2014, 04:39 PM
The Vic CC is a good bike. Most comfortable bike I have ridden. Handles ok. Just lacking in power. I put 28,000 on my 2010 without any issues.
But, I think U should be banned. :icon_razz:

Old Ryder
11-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I haven't had the heart to tell my buddies on the Vic forums that I now have an F6B. Maybe they won't notice when I change my pic???? :yikes:

kjelders
11-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Not trying to convince anyone about the CCT. But, I did some slow maneuvers in the parking lot of the dealership yesterday and I was totally amazed at how easy it was to do. It does lack the power compared to the F6B. The F6B is an amazing bike. I rode my CCT for about 30 minutes and no hip pain at all. (BIG WIN for me). I was serious about maybe not riding anymore because of how much pain I was feeling. The bike stayed at the dealer for installation of ape bars which should be in later this week. It already has the Cobra tri-oval stage 1 Kit. Nice deep sound and not obnoxiously loud.

9700 9701 9702

Massimo
11-16-2014, 01:39 PM
What are the reasons for the change?:shock:

kjelders
11-16-2014, 01:56 PM
What are the reasons for the change?:shock:

The lack of forward controls for the feet on the F6B and/or Wing causes severe hip pain after just 10 minutes of riding. I need to get my feet out in front of me.

Massimo
11-16-2014, 02:08 PM
The lack of forward controls for the feet on the F6B and/or Wing causes severe hip pain after just 10 minutes of riding. I need to get my feet out in front of me.

I understand .... when it is a physical problem the logic prevails.:yes:

VP8
11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey KJ, congrats on the new purchase of the XCT. My last bike was a 2012 Victory Cross Country... sold it and my FJR for the F6B. I had the Victory for 16 months and put on 25,500 miles on it during that time. The Cross Country is a very roomie bike... able to stretch out the legs comfortably, the ergonomics are great. The stock seat was nice, but my butt would get a bit sore after 600 miles in a day. Many people have gone toward the Ultimate seat as an alternative and raves over it. Like several peeps said... get ready to fork over thousands of dollars in upgrades to customize your new baby. And you're right... the power between the Victory and F6 is no comparison... even if the Victory had a Power Commander and cams.

Also, I do highly recommend you to purchase the extended warranty. The reason I sold my Cross Country was because it had too many warranty issues, and the last straw was when it broke down on me during a ride with some of my buddies. I had the bike for 16 months, purchased it brand new, and my alternator died. I'm going to give you a brief run down on all my warranty problems... so you can be aware of what to look for before it gets too late.

At approx. 5,000 miles, my rear cylinder head had a leak... porous head was replaced... but bike sat at the dealer for one month waiting for the part.
Primary gasket was leaking and also had to be replaced.
At approx.. 10,000 miles, same thing... rear cylinder head had a leak... porous head was replaced... bike sat at the dealer for approx. two months waiting for the part.
Discovered corner pieces of my saddlebags were missing from the inside... thereby creating air gaps. Victory took two weeks to send the parts for dealer to install.
Cruise control module had to be replaced...I couldn't accl or decel or resume while the bike was in cruise control.
At approx....15,000 miles, my belt/pulley was squealing when accelerating. Dealer tightened the belt. So pulley only squealed when it was cold. Dealer approved to change out the pulley.
At approx. 25,000 miles, my alternator died. 1 year manufacture warranty was expired, so extended warranty kicked in. Extended warranty charges $50 co-pay and any additional charges the warranty doesn't cover... such as labor rates that exceed what they consider the average national rate. My dealer charged $120/hr, but the warranty only covered up to $100/hr.
A breakdown was my last straw as I've never had so many problems with a bike before since I've only owned Japanese bikes in the past. So I decided to sell the bike back to the dealer. During their bike inspection, they discovered seepage coming from the shock... which would have been another warranty replacement.

I'm so glad to have gotten rid of that lemon. Loved the comfort of the Cross Country, but the unreliability was the deal breaker for me.

Good luck with your new bike. I have several friends that own a Victory and didn't have nearly as many problems I did. I think I just got the black sheep of the bunch, but I'm certainly not going to invest in another Victory.

kjelders
11-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a 3 year factory warranty and can buy an extended warranty at anytime within the 3 years. Hopefully, mine won't be a lemon. I did talk to the service manager as I always do before a purchase. As a joke, I told him I didn't buy a $21k bike to sit in your new shop. :icon_mrgreen:

jlyon
11-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I have a 2014 15th Anniversary Edition XCT AND a 2013 F6B...

I ain't giving up either of them...

You're welcome to stay in my book... :)

kjelders
11-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I have a 2014 15th Anniversary Edition XCT AND a 2013 F6B...

I ain't giving up either of them...

You're welcome to stay in my book... :)

Psst....don't let my CFO know, but I'm hoping do the same....keep them both in the mancave. :icon_mrgreen:

XKnight
11-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Not trying to convince anyone about the CCT. But, I did some slow maneuvers in the parking lot of the dealership yesterday and I was totally amazed at how easy it was to do. It does lack the power compared to the F6B. The F6B is an amazing bike. I rode my CCT for about 30 minutes and no hip pain at all. (BIG WIN for me). I was serious about maybe not riding anymore because of how much pain I was feeling. The bike stayed at the dealer for installation of ape bars which should be in later this week. It already has the Cobra tri-oval stage 1 Kit. Nice deep sound and not obnoxiously loud.

Very comfortable bikes that handle extremely well for their size, much better handling than a comparable Harley. Will also out perform a Harley with the Stage 1 installed. Just be aware that porous casings, oil seepage and electrical issues seem to be fairly common given the relatively small production numbers and amount of owners that have had these issues. If not for those issues and a bad dealer I would still own my Victory Cross Roads. I truly wish you the best of luck with your new Victory and hope you have many years and many happy miles.

kjelders
11-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Alright! I'm keeping the F6B and just adding the CCT to the stable. Mancave must have both!

opas ride
11-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I responded earlier that I had traded my Victory Vision for the F6B and have no regrets..It may be a good thing to keep both for a while as I also experienced some issues with both my Victory's..08 Kingpin had to have the saddlebags, a lot of chrome parts, and side covers replaced under warranty the first year. After that no issues. My Vision had a couple "Tupperware" problems and other mis-aligned parts during the first 3 years under warranty..A week or so after I traded it in with only 9,000 miles on it, the new owner blew the starter clutch assembly, and had to replace a "butt" load of parts at his and dealers expense as the bike was out of warranty...I felt really bad for the new owner, but was glad it didn't happen to me....I would have been stuck for the whole deal most likely.....

53driver
11-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Alright! I'm keeping the F6B and just adding the CCT to the stable. Mancave must have both!

If you have a detached "mancave" like mine, The "Office of Management & Budget", The "Congressional Budget Office", The "War Department", and The "Justice Department" very seldom make it out for any official audits.......

Two+ car detached garage with second floor.
No heat or running water - that would make it a "second domicile" in this township and be subject to much $$$ scrutiny.

But, it's far enough away from the house and she has her own attached 2 car garage for the family sedan and her Alfa Romeo Spider.
Total win.

kjelders
11-17-2014, 09:17 PM
After my wife received her new desk for HER office in the house, she appointed herself Deputy of Family Affairs. The next day the cook quit.

NCF6B
11-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the new bike and yes you can stay here.
The only Victory forum I know of is this one: http://www.victoryforums.com/

hey trike lady, how much snow did you get. I lived in Pittsburgh and Cleveland before coming to NC. like it here but really miss mountain riding. ride safe!