PDA

View Full Version : My Apology to heated grips

BadDawg
11-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Dear heated grips,

I know in the past I have publicly denounced you and praised your nemesis heated gloves. After all, I maintained that I wanted my heat inside the gloves not on the outside. Like meany people do, I spoke from unfounded opinions and speculation, not from experience. However, my eyes have been opened. Yesterday when the temperature was a bone chilling, 18 degrees and my heated glove on the road in my wife's car, I gave you a chance to prove yourself.

SO I took off on a short 100 mile ride and the temp never rising above 20. All I had was you and my summer gloves. I cranked you up to full blast and thought good luck to both of us we will need it. OH WOW, to your credit I turned you down a notch with in the first 10 minutes. And another 10 minutes later I turned you down one more notch. Although the tips of my fingers did get cold they were never miserable. Despite my total lack of faith in you, you embraced me.

So dear heated grips, you not only warmed my hands but also my heart. Again my most profound apologies and deepest thanks.

PS do you know anywhere I can get heated foot pegs :rock:

Massimo
11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
It 'a feeling that I've never tried .......:shrug:

Old Ryder
11-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Not sure about the heated pegs----but if you buy a Harley you can get a heated crotch that comes standard. The downside is that it only works in the summertime.

austin_tech
11-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Not sure about the heated pegs----but if you buy a Harley you can get a heated crotch that comes standard. The downside is that it only works in the summertime.

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

53driver
11-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Concur with the Harley assessment, but if you've ever ridden a Valk in the summer, you know that will bring things to a quick boil as well.

XKnight
11-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I actually need air conditioned grips in the summer..batman-smilie.

shooter
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
What about air conditioned crotch........oh that's when I wear the work jeans with the hole in the crotch.

2bikemike
11-17-2014, 02:11 PM
This was a selling point for me. I'm suprised noone has done this prior. For years i have had heated grips on my snowmobiles and atv's. Not too many things better than warm hands when your riding on a cold day.

Steve 0080
11-17-2014, 09:19 PM
What about air conditioned crotch........oh that's when I wear the work jeans with the hole in the crotch.

TMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

53driver
11-17-2014, 09:31 PM
TMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

...says the man who posted half nekkid pictures of himself and one of him wearing a hospital dressing gown......

BadDawg
11-18-2014, 05:29 AM

For AC I just wear my chaps, I mean just my chaps.