PDA

View Full Version : Windshields for the F6B ?

Phantom
05-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Original post by "Steve 0080"

The stock "shorty" is worthless, need to replace it.

Mustangjake
05-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I bought the Honda line 1 but I think it could be wider

Dark Knight
05-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I just got the 15" light grey Cee Bailey. I am 5'10" and the wind hits right on the top of my helmet with this shield. (perfect) :D

Limbuck
05-10-2013, 05:44 AM
What are ya'll thinking about the BaggerShield adjustable? The more I look the more practical it appears. Flip up for open road and down fro run around??

F4 Customs
05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
F4 Customs has a great windshield that has its Highly Scratch Resistance coating and offers the shields for the F6B in different heights in clear and tint. There has been really good feedback from the riders.
See them at www.f4customs.com or call 330-968-4644 and ask for Don.

Memphian
05-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I went with looks over function. Coming from a cruiser without a shield I'm use to riding with the wind in my face. This is a Cee Baileys 9 inch shield.

Pjb761
05-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Love it...I am 5'10 and can now hear the radio over 60 mph. No more wind buffet at all

micky_foccer
05-12-2013, 05:00 PM
I recently purchased the F4 Custom -2 tinted windshields. I did a lot of research and am extremely happy with the product. If you want a cheaper windshield or lower quality, there are plenty other companies offering those. But if you want the best and most durable, you are definitely getting your money's worth with the F4 Custom.

gamersince1976
05-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Cee Baily's 9" opaque for me too. Haven't tried it out yet, but installation really was easy (the hardest part turned out to be getting that rubber grommet in the fairing bolts back in the hole).

The Decepticon logo sadly had to come off before the adhesive foam had a chance to set. The slightly curved surface meant that the rigid plastic wouldn't stay fully attached on the edges. I think I'll go with a more traditional decal.

Because OF COURSE the F6B is a Decepticon. I mean, look at it! :icon_twisted:

av8rdave
05-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm 6' 0". So far the height appears perfect for me. I can look over the windshield with minimal turbulence (none at most speeds) and no trouble hearing the sound system.

MNF6B
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
What are ya'll thinking about the BaggerShield adjustable? The more I look the more practical it appears. Flip up for open road and down fro run around??

I have the bagger shield and like it a lot. I haven't used the flip up portion yet.

F6Bchris
05-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Was hard making the decision, but I went without the vent and at 5'9" the 15" is perfect for me. I see right over the top. The difference is dramatic. I can now hear the radio as well. The bike still looks good with this windshield. :clap2:

edgeman55
05-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Just installed the Baggershield 19" vented clear on my F6B today.Fit was great and install was easy.What a difference.I look over the top as my 6'4" frame has a long torso.No wind blast and the stereo sounds clear at any speed.Shield was set up for the 3 existing mount bolts and is steady as a rock as I rode it in pretty high winds today to test.

BACA
05-15-2013, 09:34 PM
.....and it works great!

edgeman55
05-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Just installed the Baggershield 19" vented clear on my F6B today.Fit was great and install was easy.What a difference.I look over the top as my 6'4" frame has a long torso.No wind blast and the stereo sounds clear at any speed.Shield was set up for the 3 existing mount bolts and is steady as a rock as I rode it in pretty high winds today to test.

Added some pics of the windshield-not great pics but it is raining outside today.

Cool Hand Luke
05-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Here's mine, F6B specific adjustable 11" - 19". It works great for me at 6' high, 11" good for around town up to 60mph, then flip it to 19" and everything is pefectly quiet again. I wanted to buy Ergomot power windshield but decided on Baggershield (at least for now!) because I think the dark tinted one just looks awesome on my black F (and Ergomot does not come tinted yet, I asked). Not to mention several hundred dollars difference. I was also amazed how simple was to install it even for someone like me who missed shop class in school. Installing Ergomot windshield scares me, and I don't have all the tools required either. But who knows, maybe in the future if it comes tinted... I do miss my power windshield on my BMW K1200LT (was black, of course).

I hope this helps.

Limbuck
05-29-2013, 12:19 PM

Got it. Installation easier than expected. Road tested big time. I don't think I'll need the flip-up portion. Looks good. Good value.

ghostrider
05-29-2013, 12:30 PM
.....and it works great!

I really like the looks of the windbender, and it's adjustable....Hmmmm

Wingman
05-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Cee Bailey’s 13”, Light Gray Tint for me. I’m 5’8”, I can see clear over it and it has been a tremendous help as far as wind noise and head movement. One thing I did notice is that with earplugs in, I get a low frequency rumble that gets annoying real quick...solution...no earplugs or install them in my ear loosely. Install is 15 minutes at best, and hey, it’s Cee Bailey=quality.

MarcPW
05-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Got the 13" from Cee Bailey's, in dark. Just love it ! I am 6'0" and can see over the top easely. I don't like to see through, so it is perfect.

MercuryF1
05-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Windbendera are in stock and ready to ship!

erazor55
06-02-2013, 05:11 PM
I just installed the factory tall with vent. It is perfect for me. Thanks to smokinjoe187 for the great deal on his used shield.

Batwing
06-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I went with 7" opaque from cee-baileys been on cruisers forever so not too bothered by wind.

hondabikepro
06-18-2013, 07:36 PM
.....and it works great!

i also have a electric wind bender, that works very good, with just a touch of a switch i can raise and lower it for the perfect ride with no wind buffeting at all, and drop it for in town, or fast cornering with the sport bikes. sometimes i may ride five different gl1800 in one day, that have all different types of shields, this wind bender is the best i have ever tried on a gl1800. dale

Tbone56
10-24-2013, 06:46 AM
If you are using the F4 Customs 14" windshield, I would like to know how it performs. Any wind buffeting? etc.

opas ride
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
I have only had my bike for a few days so far, but I really like the 19" adjustable Baggershield..Seems to work for me at 5'9"...I just don't like the drone at 60-75 that I get from the Cobra Pipes..Interesting though, If I flip up the face shield on my HJC helmet most of the drone sound quiets down.....

MichaelG
10-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Just...FYI...while these folks are not a forum sponsor...yet...I just got off the phone with the manager at Clearview windshields, and they are a couple days away from actual production of their windshield for the F6B. They have a prototype out there right now, and a test rider, and this weekend should see the end of testing, and the beginning of production. I have had 3 or 4 of the Clearview windshields in the past, LOVE them, and the difference is that they also incorporate a little flip up towards the top of their windshields, to drive the air flow UP higher than what the top of the windshields itself would do.

Personally, I am going to wait a week or so and see what they have come out with. I have also directed them to contact our forum boss, and talk about forum sponsorship.

Bruce B
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Just...FYI...while these folks are not a forum sponsor...yet...I just got off the phone with the manager at Clearview windshields, and they are a couple days away from actual production of their windshield for the F6B. They have a prototype out there right now, and a test rider, and this weekend should see the end of testing, and the beginning of production. I have had 3 or 4 of the Clearview windshields in the past, LOVE them, and the difference is that they also incorporate a little flip up towards the top of their windshields, to drive the air flow UP higher than what the top of the windshields itself would do.

Personally, I am going to wait a week or so and see what they have come out with. I have also directed them to contact our forum boss, and talk about forum sponsorship.

I had a Clearview on my Valkyrie. Great quality. Although they had some shields with the flip up, the one for the Valk wasn't configured that way. Was a great shield though. They'd be a good sponsor.

Hope your recovery is going well, Miles.

Gonzo
11-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Check out Cee Baileys they have wind shields just for this model. They come in different tints and 1'' increments for height not just this is what we have ,you have a choice I got the dark green at 11'' height and it is perfect for me I'm 6' tall and can see about 25' feet in front of me.. I have purchased 4 other wind shields from them for other bikes they are quality shields. Check them out you won't be unhappy.

DisneyBill
11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Cee Baily's 9" opaque for me too. Haven't tried it out yet, but installation really was easy (the hardest part turned out to be getting that rubber grommet in the fairing bolts back in the hole).

The Decepticon logo sadly had to come off before the adhesive foam had a chance to set. The slightly curved surface meant that the rigid plastic wouldn't stay fully attached on the edges. I think I'll go with a more traditional decal.

I really like the looks of this shield but I was curious about where the wind hits you? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and where does the wind hit you?

Deer Slayer
11-10-2013, 07:17 PM
My lower center windshield mounting bolt worked loose, as in found it below between the head lamps. I do not know if it was me, or what done it? If the top of your wind screen moves fore and aft, check the screws.

Mustangjake
11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
this is my new 1 18 inch

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Bagger 11" is great looking and perfect solo, even 75+.
19" add on is a quality attachment and my passenger loves it.
Great quality.

Wanted a flip shield. Have them on other baggers and they kick wind another couple inches.

J

kalehenkie
11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
this is my new 1 18 inch

Hello mustangjake. Can you tell me how high the screen is from the rubber. I am from holland and wants to order such a screen.
Thanks

Mustangjake
11-11-2013, 08:14 PM
It's 18 inches tinted and I love it !
I bought a used goldwing shield and slowly been chopping it off.
At 17 inches it was to short now this is for me and my riding position.
There are a lot of variables when getting a windshield.

Steve 0080
11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Bruce B.....Loved my Clearview shield, great quality..... downside is wait time...They start making yours the day you order....

F4 Customs
11-12-2013, 11:18 AM
It's 18 inches tinted and I love it !
I bought a used goldwing shield and slowly been chopping it off.
At 17 inches it was to short now this is for me and my riding position.
There are a lot of variables when getting a windshield.

Mustangjake, if you like, keep us up to date about the performance of your shield. We like to hear the good or the bad, that is what we use to constantly innovate our processes to make the best product available! If you click on your product on our website, you can leave a review for others if you like. Lookin' good! Ride safe!

glryder98
11-12-2013, 11:32 AM
If you are using the F4 Customs 14" windshield, I would like to know how it performs. Any wind buffeting? etc.

Tbone - I have the 14" F4 tinted. I am 5' 6" and the wind is about 3" above my head now. I love the F4 just for the ease of cleaning. I can hear the radio now and you can actually feel the pocket of calm air in front of you. The F4 doesn't block all the wind but I can ride with my hat on again!

CruiserCustomizing
11-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Here's mine, F6B specific adjustable 11" - 19". It works great for me at 6' high, 11" good for around town up to 60mph, then flip it to 19" and everything is pefectly quiet again. I wanted to buy Ergomot power windshield but decided on Baggershield (at least for now!) because I think the dark tinted one just looks awesome on my black F (and Ergomot does not come tinted yet, I asked). Not to mention several hundred dollars difference. I was also amazed how simple was to install it even for someone like me who missed shop class in school. Installing Ergomot windshield scares me, and I don't have all the tools required either. But who knows, maybe in the future if it comes tinted... I do miss my power windshield on my BMW K1200LT (was black, of course).

I hope this helps.

The adjustable flip shield seems to be the best all-around option. Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) sells a shield that looks exactly like the Baggershield. Big Bike Parts says their windshield is 11 1/2 inch to 20 inches tall and both Baggershield and Big bike Parts carry the same MSRP.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-big-bike-parts-adjustable-flip-windshield-dark-smoke-gradient-honda-goldwing-gl1800f6b-models-12-newer/part/BBP-20-129

austin_tech
12-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .

chipmaker
12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3170&d=1385484791

Scotrod
12-03-2013, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=chipmaker;16438]Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}

chipmaker
12-03-2013, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=chipmaker;16438]Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}

I think you'll like it. Take time to make fine tuning adjustments angle and height, it pays off...

Scotrod
12-03-2013, 01:48 PM
No worries, as I love to tinker,,,

I won't get any saddletime in till the weekend,,, Even then, need to take a couple weeks to test/tune/evaluate.

Bama Bagger
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I've had my 11" BaggerShield on my F6B for a month or so now and absolutely love it. Best of all worlds riding and looks pretty "Bad" on the Black Bagger! .batman-smilie.

DaveV
03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
I am curious, is there anyone happy with the stock windscreen? :shock:

opas ride
03-14-2014, 10:12 AM
The only one I have seen was the "first ride" guy from Motorcycle Consumer News mag last springs issue...He felt it had ample wind protection up to 65/70mph...I don't know what he was smoking as the stock shield is useless in my opinion...I love my Baggershield and it works great for me.....

F6B-RICH
03-14-2014, 10:28 AM

I got my F6B in June and used the stock windshield all summer til about November then switched to the BaggerShield adjustable for the cooler months of riding.As a winter mod I am installing the Windbender with electric option so I can have a low windshield for the back roads and raise it for highway riding at a push of a switch.I had no problem with summer riding with the stock shorty on.I do wear a full face helmet so that might be why it does not bother me .batman-smilie.

GONRDN
03-14-2014, 10:42 AM
If you came off a bike that had no windshield, then it's the same. If you came from a bike with a windshield, then this one is useless. Simple as that.

miramiramira
03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Just put on a Cee Bailey's 11" windscreen. What a difference! Some mild wind noise over the top of my helmet, but the brutal rush of noise and buffeting is long gone. I might could have gone with a 13" but I am quite happy with the 11".

For what it's worth, my other bike is a 1975 BMW R90/6 with no windshield or fairing. It is less noisy and causes less buffeting than the OEM windshield on the F6B.

1951vbs
03-14-2014, 12:44 PM

I like the stock windscreen but wanted a shorty with dark tint so I cut down one of my Cee Baileys to 1/2" less than stock.
Gives the look I'm after and works for me. I do wear a full face helmet and earplugs when I don't have my earbuds in. But I commute everyday, rain, shine, cold(8°F) or hot(105°F) and wouldn't change.

1951vbs
03-14-2014, 01:04 PM
If you came off a bike that had no windshield, then it's the same. If you came from a bike with a windshield, then this one is useless. Simple as that.

Not true for me. I have had many bikes with windshields and some have worked great others not so good. The ones with a power feature were the best as you could tailor for your height and conditions: ST1300, K1200GT and Victory Vision. But the 3 Electra Glides I had were terrible. Sport and sport-sport touring bikes are my favorite as they break the wind blast but don't offer a still bubble like driving a convertible car. I put the F6B stock screen in that "Sport-Touring" category. The big fairing and short screen breaks the wind pretty well and even though you do get wind noise....there is no buffeting as I define it. Buffeting to me is a movement side to side or front and back due to turbulence. I get none of that from the F6B at any speed, cross-wind or even next to a semi. I would say try it first, a few of us like it. The picture below is of another bike I had that worked great with a cut down screen!

bobbyf6b
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM

I liked the stock shield while wearing a full face helmet, but then I couldn't hear the radio. I enjoy listening to music while riding so the stock shield had to go.

Darren
04-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Anyone tried the Klock Werks Flare?

What did you think of it?

hiflyer
04-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Anyone tried the Klock Werks Flare?

What did you think of it?

Here's the thread, go to end.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1458-Klock-Werks-windshield-update!

Darren
04-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Here's the thread, go to end.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1458-Klock-Werks-windshield-update!

Thanks for the info very interesting reading, still no wiser though. Then I guess if I was wise I wouldn't be a biker.

Anyone with some long term opinions?

Scotrod
04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Anyone with some long term opinions?

I'm unaware of anyone having any experience with the K-works other than those listed in the thread/link posted above.

You can give one of 'em a PM and see what their current opinion is. :shrug:

brewcityf6b
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I went with looks over function. Coming from a cruiser without a shield I'm use to riding with the wind in my face. This is a Cee Baileys 9 inch shield.

Looks great. Did you notice any difference from stock as far as wind noise, being able to hear your stereo etc? I just want to hear my tunes, I don't mind wind otherwise.

Memphian
04-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Looks great. Did you notice any difference from stock as far as wind noise, being able to hear your stereo etc? I just want to hear my tunes, I don't mind wind otherwise.

The Bailey's 9" shield is about the same as stock, not much for blocking the wind. I suggest checking on your radio setting for the AVC control. It's in your owners manual. I can hear my radio at high speeds without any problems using the AVC setting.

Hope this helps,
Memphian

Steve 0080
04-24-2014, 10:59 PM
I have the Klock Werks Flare on my Ultra……it does throw the wind off you…I bought it because they said it would add 15-20% more down force…my Ultra starts to float around 110 mph….not sure I ever tested it……. bottom line…” its OK"

bobbyf6b
04-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Well, here's my new one. It's a Windbender! Got it for my birthday. :icon_mrgreen: Installed it tonight and will try it out tomorrow.

5369 5370 5371

My pics were right side up, something happens when they are uploaded to the site. The shield measures 16 actual inches up high and 13 actual inches all the way down. Should be perfect for me. It's the "11 inch" HPS.

DJ TONY G
04-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Well, here's my new one. It's a Windbender! Got it for my birthday. :icon_mrgreen: Installed it tonight and will try it out tomorrow.

5369 5370 5371

My pics were right side up, something happens when they are uploaded to the site. The shield measures 16 actual inches up high and 13 actual inches all the way down. Should be perfect for me. It's the "11 inch" HPS.

I like it!!!

Gperson
04-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Hey Bobby,
Looks good!
Please let us know how you like it and if you experience any rattle. I have heard this has been an issue with the manual adjust shields. Is it adjustable up or down in 1" increments?

If possible, please post some pics of the sides, rear and front of the bike.

Thanks in advance :clap2:

Enjoy the ride!!

G

hiflyer
04-25-2014, 08:28 PM

If you're taking pictures with an I-phone, take the shot with the phone in the horizontal mode instead of the vertical position and that will cure it. Been there.

Fla_rider
04-26-2014, 05:01 AM
Phantom- that means F6B-rich has a baggershield available to sell! :lolup:

bobbyf6b
04-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Hey Bobby,
Looks good!
Please let us know how you like it and if you experience any rattle. I have heard this has been an issue with the manual adjust shields. Is it adjustable up or down in 1" increments?

If possible, please post some pics of the sides, rear and front of the bike.

Thanks in advance :clap2:

Enjoy the ride!!

G

Here's some pics from yesterday.

5398 5399 5400 5401 5402

bobbyf6b
04-26-2014, 01:14 PM
It works amazingly well. After I put the Baker wings back on it feels like driving a Jeep with the top down and doors off. I can hear the stereo really well now too, even with a 3/4 helmet.

bobbyf6b
04-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Phantom- that means F6B-rich has a baggershield available to sell! :lolup:

I have a Baggershield available for sale if anyone wants it! It's the one for the wing so it adjusts. It's nice, the wide part at the top reduces buffeting on your ears. I wanted something taller and more functional for long rides.

5403 1916

ED209
04-26-2014, 08:11 PM
I put the stock shorty windshield back on for the hot months, today. It looks so much better. The weather is getting very warm and I need that wind in the face. :icon_mrgreen:

brewcityf6b
04-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Installed the baggershield 11 inch today. Was able to hear my stereo at highway speeds but still feel the wind, perfect setup for me and still looks great.

Scotrod
04-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Looks pretty darn sweet Bobby!!! :yes:

Hard to beat the 'windshield outside a windshield' combination for comfort!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

F6BLK
04-29-2014, 05:58 PM

You know it! Just ordered the clearview! Got the medium in smoke... will post when it comes! we have a late spring here temp in the 40s! Man love those heated grips!!!!! LIVE TO RIDE!

http://www.clearviewshields.com/blog/new-f6b-sport-sport-touring-windshields/

Mad Max
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I ordered the same thing on the 22nd and I has yet to ship. :icon_frown:

Mad Max
05-07-2014, 12:36 PM
UPDATE: Just recieved an E-mail that it is not scheduled to ship now until the 16th of May. I'm not sure it's worth the wait.

Mad Max
05-07-2014, 04:49 PM
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Talked with Clearview... The 16th is just a target date!!! I don't like companies that mislead people!!! The riding season is too short here to wait a month or more for a windshield. Canceled order!!! Hello Klock Werks!!! Good luck to anyone dealing with Clearview !!!

Darren
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Talked with Clearview... The 16th is just a target date!!! I don't like companies that mislead people!!! The riding season is too short here to wait a month or more for a windshield. Canceled order!!! Hello Klock Werks!!! Good luck to anyone dealing with Clearview !!!

Let me know how you get on with the Klock Werks, I'm in two minds about that or the Cee Baily. Not sure if the flare is worth the extra money.

F6BLK
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Will definitely let you know! My Email said 7 to 12 day to ship so will see, Maybe spring rush! I know what I don't like is this stock shield! Throws the wind right in your face!!! Good luck with your choice....Please let Us know how you like ?

Steve 0080
05-08-2014, 10:50 AM
These folks make a VERY good shield and worth the wait!!! Took mine 5 weeks and have to say it was worth the wait...very nice quality!!!

I kinda like the ideal of having a shield made to my specs.... and you do have to allow time for that!!!

Mad Max
05-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Problem is that they don't tell you that up front. They string you along with the 7-12 business day thing, then you have to call them to find out that you have to wait another 7 business days for it to ship.....but wait, that date is only a target!!! Ordered my Klock Werks on Thurs got here Tues. I will install it tonight after work.

CheckpointChcky
05-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Added some pics of the windshield-not great pics but it is raining outside today.

Same here.

CheckpointChcky
05-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Meant to say that I ordered and installed the 19" clear Baggershield with vent. Had the two-piece Baggershield on my old Goldwing and really didn't like it.

yellow rex
05-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Well I have been debating a new windshield, order madstad at 2 am
this morning I hope it is everything they say it is cant afford to buy 3 or 4
shields to be happy.

F6BLK
05-22-2014, 07:08 AM
These folks make a VERY good shield and worth the wait!!! Took mine 5 weeks and have to say it was worth the wait...very nice quality!!!

I kinda like the ideal of having a shield made to my specs.... and you do have to allow time for that!!!

Got an Email yesterday it's on it's way!!I like the Idea of a shield that's functional and looks good!!I went for the Med in light smoke!

http://www.clearviewshields.com/blog/new-f6b-sport-sport-touring-windshields/

CheckpointChcky
05-23-2014, 07:31 PM

I have this same one. I love it. At 5'5" tall, this is perfect for me to look through the screen, which I prefer.

SmallPasture
06-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .

Big thanks Austin_tech!!
Finally a review from someone under 6'! I just put on and had to promptly take right back off a KW Flare. My head was up my.....! 14" non-adjustable..:icon_doh:

FlatSixBagger
06-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Cee Bailey's 11 inch clear stock seat works great I am 5'7-8" depending on slouch, lol.

99m3
06-16-2014, 09:25 PM
I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.

RoadWeary
06-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

fxdl2051
06-24-2014, 02:14 AM

Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.

XKnight
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.

Same here! Rode 200 miles this weekend with the stock shield and my tinnitus in my left ear is really bothering me for the last few days. I did wear ear plugs by the way. I pray I didn't do any further permanent damage to my hearing. I ordered a new Slipstreamer 19" shield with vent the day I bought the bike this past weekend, but of course couldn't resist riding my brand new F6. The Slipstreamer arrived today and I already installed it and did a 30 minute test ride at speeds up to 70MPH. No more deafening wind roar. I look through the shield as I expected and the F6 is nice and quiet which is one of the main reasons I bought it. My Harleys damaged my hearing over the years between the wind noise, engine noise and exhaust.

For those interested I paid $137 for the 19" Slipstreamer with vent and had it within 2 business days of my order with free shipping from Phat Performance Parts. I have never received a bike product so quickly with free shipping.

Here's a pic of the shield from the Phat Performance website. It's the same height as the tall Honda OEM screen, but I believe is 3" wider. It also allows about an inch of adjustment up or down when installing it, so you can have it anywhere from 18-20". I have mine at the highest height of 20". Easy to install and works great if you want a smooth and quite ride with no wind roar.

smokinjoe187
06-25-2014, 07:06 PM
I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.

i got the first proto you are gonna be very happy

SmallPasture
06-26-2014, 06:56 AM
i got the first proto you are gonna be very happy

Is that what your currently running Smokinjoe? I can't tell from your avatar.

FrederickF6B
10-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Put on Cee Bailey 13" clear and now I can ride with open face or half helmet. Not much wind buffeting . Radio is good almost to 70. I'm 5-7 but long torso so I can see easily over. Inseams are different story, but Mustang seat helps a lot. Next install will be rear lights. Then fog lights.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php

See picture in album. Attachment failed.

oldman
10-22-2015, 09:00 AM
The Madstad windscreen is about twice the price of the Cee Bailey? Is it worth the higher cost?

Bruce B
10-22-2015, 10:47 AM
The Madstad windscreen is about twice the price of the Cee Bailey? Is it worth the higher cost?

Yes, the Madstad is worth the price. I had a Cee Bailey too. It's a quality product but doesn't measure up to the performance of the Madstad. I got the second Madstad ever installed on an F6B and have never even considered looking at other shields since that time. It's that good.

Hornblower
10-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Yes, the Madstad is worth the price. I had a Cee Bailey too. It's a quality product but doesn't measure up to the performance of the Madstad. I got the second Madstad ever installed on an F6B and have never even considered looking at other shields since that time. It's that good.

:agree:

Wing'n it
10-22-2015, 02:41 PM

I'll let you know what I think when/if mine ever makes it here.......... I have the stock "tall" Honda shield and a large Clearview and could not get either one to work out for me, i'm too tall. I'm currently running a stock Goldwing shield that I cut down to better fit the F6, it works really well but I wish I had made it 1 1/2 inches taller. Hurry up Madstad!....

ths61
10-22-2015, 03:12 PM
I'll let you know what I think when/if mine ever makes it here.......... I have the stock "tall" Honda shield and a large Clearview and could not get either one to work out for me, i'm too tall. I'm currently running a stock Goldwing shield that I cut down to better fit the F6, it works really well but I wish I had made it 1 1/2 inches taller. Hurry up Madstad!....

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o777/68spiderdan/other%20stuff/anticipation1_zpsf1b07ef0.jpg

Old Ryder
10-22-2015, 09:39 PM
http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o777/68spiderdan/other%20stuff/anticipation1_zpsf1b07ef0.jpg

Only the OLD crowd that hangs around here knows about that. Your age has officially been DATED!

Phantom
10-22-2015, 09:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

Steve 0080
10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

I also would rather have 60 than 80, but I would also prefer 100 over 20 !

JetBlackWing
11-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Love it...I am 5'10 and can now hear the radio over 60 mph. No more wind buffet at all

To me, this looks higher than 13 inches from the top of the fairing gasket. Does it measure 13" to the top from the fair? Thanks

JetBlackWing
11-15-2015, 03:57 PM

I'm guessing this is 1 3/4 inch taller than the stock mini?

CPTAwesome
11-21-2015, 01:08 PM

Sooooooo, did it arrive? I am looking at the Madstad myself, interested to see what you think. I have read many reviews and I'm right on the fence.

F4 Customs
11-23-2015, 10:22 AM
I recently purchased the F4 Custom -2 tinted windshields. I did a lot of research and am extremely happy with the product. If you want a cheaper windshield or lower quality, there are plenty other companies offering those. But if you want the best and most durable, you are definitely getting your money's worth with the F4 Custom.
Thanks for this great comment. We love to hear these positive comments from our riders

F4 Customs
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Fla_rider
11-23-2015, 10:46 AM
17775 17776

Clearview with Recurve and vent. Dirty too!

Tbone56
11-23-2015, 07:34 PM
I have tried the following windshields and now using the 9" Cee Bailey dark grey shield. I would agree the Madstad probably had the best wind protection, but still had some buffeting around the head and ears. I would say the 9" Cee Bailey blocks about 80% more wind than the stock 6" shield and Madstad about 90% more wind. I tried to like the looks of the Madstad, but in the end like the short Cee Bailey shield and don't mind a little wind. Surprising how much wind protection I get with the little 9" Cee Bailey over the stock shield.

11" Cee Bailey dark grey
11" Baggershield
13" Cee Bailey dark grey
went back to a 11" Cee Bailey dark grey
14" Clearview Sport Tour
11" Madstad extra dark grey
11" Cee Bailey light grey
9" Cee Bailey dark grey

pdxstriper
11-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Hi,
I just installed a clear 13" Windbender ST on my black B. Installation was a breeze, though i did drop a mounting screw for the mirror down the inside bodywork. Locally it was on the right side so it was easy to get to.

Haven't ridden it yet but like how it looks. Will report back!

Bryster
03-05-2016, 03:07 AM
Hey guys,

Got a Windbender adjustable 11" which is a great shield and I'm keeping for winter/longer trips, but want some air round town, I've been seeing the national V-stream short advertised on the F6 ad block section at the top of the screen, has anybody tried one of these or know how big they are in comparison to the original? Don't have the original size to slap back on easily at the moment.

There's a short screen from Honda which is apparently only 1" higher but the Vstream 'looks' a bit bigger than that.

Failing that, anybody got a 9" screen or the Honda one with the logo they might want to sell?

Maddoggie501
04-11-2016, 02:49 PM
I have tried the following windshields and now using the 9" Cee Bailey dark grey shield. I would agree the Madstad probably had the best wind protection, but still had some buffeting around the head and ears. I would say the 9" Cee Bailey blocks about 80% more wind than the stock 6" shield and Madstad about 90% more wind. I tried to like the looks of the Madstad, but in the end like the short Cee Bailey shield and don't mind a little wind. Surprising how much wind protection I get with the little 9" Cee Bailey over the stock shield.

11" Cee Bailey dark grey
11" Baggershield
13" Cee Bailey dark grey
14" Clearview Sport Tour
11" Madstad extra dark grey
11" Cee Bailey light grey
9" Cee Bailey dark grey

Im getting ready to order either the 9" or 11" Cee Bailey. Could you please tell me your height and where the wind hits you with the 9" vs. the stock windshield and where the 11" hit you. Right now I cannot open the face shield with the stock windshield. The wind hits me right in the eyes. I want the wind to hit above my eyes. I think i just need a couple inches higher than stock. Let me know. Thanks

pilotguy299
04-11-2016, 03:45 PM
I just purchased this tinted windshield:

http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-S-267-Windshield-11in-S-267-11DS/dp/B00JDQ41PC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Although it is not "adjustable", there are slots that allow it to be set anywhere from 11" to about 13" tall. I installed mine at 11" and like it.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af4/pilotguy299/IMG_1198_zps4dne88mp.jpg

Az Wingrider
04-11-2016, 06:47 PM
I have a Windbender from Firecreek Accessories and I love it. I had one on my previous Goldwing and never considered anything else for the F6B. The Windbender gives great air control and it is adjustable for height.

F4 Customs
04-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Here are some pictures of the F6B

Brewdog
04-14-2016, 07:05 PM
I bought the Baggersheild 19". They make a great product and the width is perfect for me. It's a thick shield. I'd like to try a shield that's curved at the top.

3972 3973

Britur
04-17-2016, 02:51 PM
on a hot day:

No vent-Sucks

Vented-Nice!3980

Maddoggie501
04-22-2016, 05:36 PM
I just installed the 11" Clear Cee Baileys. I'm 5-8, with a 30 inch inseam. The screen is 4 1/2" taller than the stock screen. The stock screen had the wind hitting me right in the eyes. I now can ride with my full face helmet with the face shield open. I tested it at 80 plus mph and no wind in the face. I also had less hemet wind noise, and I could hear the radio for the first time at speed. It works perfectly for me. It has accomplished what I wanted. One word of advice, watch those tiny front fairing bolts, they want to fall into the great abyss.

Spiff215
04-23-2016, 10:59 AM
I just purchased this tinted windshield:

http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-S-267-Windshield-11in-S-267-11DS/dp/B00JDQ41PC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Although it is not "adjustable", there are slots that allow it to be set anywhere from 11" to about 13" tall. I installed mine at 11" and like it.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af4/pilotguy299/IMG_1198_zps4dne88mp.jpg

I bought the same one & set it @ the middle mark (approx 12"). 20404

anthony1969
05-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Klockwerks here love their stuff

Ed Triantafillo
05-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Obviously, anything larger is going to be better. What I did was buy a 19 inch clear for the winter and the Madstad for warmer weather. The Madstad allows me to look over the shield and it removes unwanted air from both myself and my passenger. And, it looks good.

SimonTemplar
05-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Although, I posted this elsewhere just yesterday...

It was a three week wait for my Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....but it finally arrived Monday last.

4030 4031 4032 4033 4034

I've not had the chance to ride it as yet...that comes Saturday morning (been raining here last several days.) By and large, it's hands down better than the stocker (duh!). As you can see in the fourth photo, it is also thicker than OEM. (OEM is 0.156" and Clearview claims theirs at 0.188", I've not yet mic'ed that to verify...but it's visibly thicker whatever the actual measure.)

I had hoped the 'Light Gray' would have been slightly more tinted (the website photos made it appear so)...but I still prefer this to the full 'Dark Gray' tint.

Also...and I ran out of buffer on this post, so I'll post in another...I had hopes for a little better optical transparency. Not that it is fogged, mind you.....just a little wavy. Possibly this is a function of the vent installation in concert with the Recurve? Can't say. As I said...haven't ridden it yet, so I don't know how much of a distraction this might be...if any.

....sT

SimonTemplar
05-07-2016, 01:16 AM

Not a great photo (iPhone...what do you expect?) but it kind of shows what I mean about wavy. We'll see how it rides. Perhaps I am being to critical?

....sT

wjduke
05-07-2016, 04:27 AM
It looks similar in height to my shield so you'll be looking over it, not through it. There shouldn't be the distraction you're worried about. Even if it's an inch or so taller. I easily have a 5 or 6" clearance to the road. I'm 5'11".

Wingman
05-07-2016, 05:55 AM
Thought I would try looking through a shield. I installed the Bagger shield, 19" with vent yesterday. Coming from the Cee Bailey 13" my head has settled right down, no more death gripping the bars to keep my body from blowing back, and the wind noise is much improved. It's like a nice neutral pocket of air behind the shield. Now I can wear my earbuds but there's still too much road/engine noise to ride without some sort of earplugs. With the vent open there's a good strong blast of air to the face. I'm 5' 7" with roughly 50/50 leg to torso ratio. I have to stand almost straight up on the pegs to get back into the wind stream. I'm just glad all the buffeting and head movement has gone away, made it very difficult to see up the road. No riding in the rain yet, we'll see how that goes.

willtill
05-07-2016, 07:15 AM

Not a great photo (iPhone...what do you expect?) but it kind of shows what I mean about wavy. We'll see how it rides. Perhaps I am being to critical?

....sT

Like Wayne remarked in his previous post; you won't notice that at all once you are riding.

I don't notice it on mine when I'm riding.

Yukon
05-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Went with the tall Honda Windscreen. Perfect for me and like the vent. I am 6'0" tall. Normal posture has me looking over the windshield. No buffeting, easy to talk to passenger. Open face helmet with sunglasses.

tommyw
05-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Put a National Cycle Vstream Sport on my bike. Better protection than the stock windshield and IMHO retains the bagger look.

Fla_rider
05-17-2016, 06:52 AM
Put a National Cycle Vstream Sport on my bike. Better protection than the stock windshield and IMHO retains the bagger look.

Are you suggesting that with a bigger wind screen we don't have a bagger look? I beg the differ :spank:

Audiochris90
05-17-2016, 07:06 AM

So how does it perform? Have you had anything else on there be sides stock? Always like national cycle quality. More pics please. Thanks

SimonTemplar
05-20-2016, 01:36 AM
It was a three week wait for my Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....but it finally arrived Monday last.

20665 20666 20667 20668 20669

I've not had the chance to ride it as yet...that comes Saturday morning (been raining here last several days.) By and large, it's hands down better than the stocker (duh!). As you can see in the fourth photo, it is also thicker than OEM. (OEM is 0.156" and Clearview claims theirs at 0.188", I've not yet mic'ed that to verify...but it's visibly thicker whatever the actual measure.)

I had hoped the 'Light Gray' would have been slightly more tinted (the website photos made it appear so)...but I still prefer this to the full 'Dark Gray' tint.

OK....I've been riding this for two weeks now. The ClearView Shields come slotted so that you have a bit of play (like something in the neighbourhood of 1 to 1.5") in mounting height. I mounted it as low as it would go.

I am 6'2.5" (at last measurement)...and the top edge of the shield just happens to EXACTLY bisect my usual line of sight. Couldn't have bodged it better even if I had asked them to do it. More than a bit annoying. Of course, I can raise it (that 1" worth of play, remember)...but if I do, then my field of view will be distorted by the recurve wavies.

Nobody's' fault but my own (....I AM the one who ordered that length, after all.)

Been planning on a new seat (I'm still on the OEM)....a taller seat, as the OEM cramps my knees something terrible. Think that schedule just moved forward significantly.

....sT

98valk
05-20-2016, 10:33 AM
OK....I've been riding this for two weeks now. The ClearView Shields come slotted so that you have a bit of play (like something in the neighbourhood of 1 to 1.5") in mounting height. I mounted it as low as it would go.

I am 6'2.5" (at last measurement)...and the top edge of the shield just happens to EXACTLY bisect my usual line of sight. Couldn't have bodged it better even if I had asked them to do it. More than a bit annoying. Of course, I can raise it (that 1" worth of play, remember)...but if I do, then my field of view will be distorted by the recurve wavies.

Nobody's' fault but my own (....I AM the one who ordered that length, after all.)

Been planning on a new seat (I'm still on the OEM)....a taller seat, as the OEM cramps my knees something terrible. Think that schedule just moved forward significantly.

....sT

That is interesting. I have the tallest, dark tint Clearview recurve shield (16"), mounted all the way up. I have slotted the holes extra to get a little more height out of it. I'm only about 5'10" and sit on a Mustang seat (1" lower than stock). And I see well over the shield.

So maybe it is something that you can get used to. I see things through the shield, but they are not in my concentrated view. The area that I want to watch is above the shield. :shrug:

Penguin
05-20-2016, 11:38 AM

....sT

Are you sure they sent you the 15 inch version. You seem to be pretty tall so looking over a 15 incher should not be a problem. I have a 14 inch and am 5'11" and can easily look over it. Maybe try to re measure. just a thought.

GeNasty
05-20-2016, 05:14 PM
I have a Baggershield available for sale if anyone wants it! It's the one for the wing so it adjusts. It's nice, the wide part at the top reduces buffeting on your ears. I wanted something taller and more functional for long rides.

5403 5404

What didn't you like about the Baggershield? I am considering getting one.

gmorstad
06-08-2016, 09:49 PM
I finally had my 18 tinted F4 Customs shield installed today and am now in my motorcycle nirvana. I had a Clearview 16 inch shield that was too short. I am 6'1" with a tall torso and experienced too much wind and bugs hitting my face all the time so my helmet shield had to be down completely to keep the bugs out. With the new shield I can keep my helmet shield up and not experience the wind or bugs. The ride is now quiet and comfortable.

Also want to say how impressed I am with the folks at F4. There were some snafus with the dealership trying to install the shield and F4 was extremely supportive. The service manager had to take over and get it installed so F4 helped when they shouldn't have had to. Excellent support! I cannot recommend F4 enough. I ordered the 18 inch tinted shield without the vent. The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

So to the riders who have been wondering about the size of shield to get, I hope this helps.
To F4, thanks again!

Gary

Steve 0080
06-08-2016, 10:02 PM
The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

I'm some what surprised you did not like a vent... Where the weather gets warmer it is almost a necessity !

shooter
06-08-2016, 10:10 PM
After too many attempts I think I have finally found the perfect shield for me. Its the Klockwerks Flare 16 inch. Its definitely the best I've had. I blacked mine out and I see over it just fine. I'm 6'1". The best part is it looks great on the bike.

gmorstad
06-08-2016, 10:40 PM
The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

I'm some what surprised you did not like a vent... Where the weather gets warmer it is almost a necessity !

I did a lot of research before making my decision. I live in Wisconsin so heat isn't that much of a factor but bugs are. Many folks including friends of mine don't like the vent because of bugs and rain going through it. Others say they need the vent to prevent buffeting. The people at F4 did not agree and I found they are correct. As stated, I have a tall torso so I still look above the shield and at interstate speeds did not experience buffeting at all. The wind does hit the top of my head which I think is enough to keep me cool. I came from a ST1300 and always had the shield all the way up even though it was electronically adjustable. A good friend of mine who rides a Goldwing told me today he is getting rid of all his shields that have vents. (He is very much into riding and owns a number of shields.) Just my thoughts and what I am happy with.

98valk
06-09-2016, 10:27 AM
I did a lot of research before making my decision. I live in Wisconsin so heat isn't that much of a factor but bugs are. Many folks including friends of mine don't like the vent because of bugs and rain going through it. Others say they need the vent to prevent buffeting. The people at F4 did not agree and I found they are correct. As stated, I have a tall torso so I still look above the shield and at interstate speeds did not experience buffeting at all. The wind does hit the top of my head which I think is enough to keep me cool. I came from a ST1300 and always had the shield all the way up even though it was electronically adjustable. A good friend of mine who rides a Goldwing told me today he is getting rid of all his shields that have vents. (He is very much into riding and owns a number of shields.) Just my thoughts and what I am happy with.

I think that you made the right choice. I have a tall shield with a vent that is virtually useless, except for letting bugs through. I get a ton more air by opening the baker air wings.

So, I did not get a vent on my Clearview 16". It looks better without it and is easier to keep clean.

rdeady
06-14-2016, 05:12 PM
I have the honda tall windshield with vent. I am not happy with the shield. I get lots of turbulence ,lots of buffeting. Feels like someone is pushing me in the back and someone else is
rapping me in and about the head. The shield is 17" I believe and I am 5'10". The vent does nothing for buffeting but helps cool me down a bit. I can't believe Honda does not make a tested windshield that will work. For all I know the buffeting may be do to the bags in the back and the design of the fairing and bike and not the shield.

gmorstad
06-14-2016, 07:56 PM
If you would like a 16" Clearview sport type I will sell you mine. It is in perfect condition. A guy that is also 5'10 who was thinking about changing his shield tried mine last year and thought it was the perfect size for him.
Let me know if you want it.

Penguin
06-14-2016, 11:02 PM
If you would like a 16" Clearview sport type I will sell you mine. It is in perfect condition. A guy that is also 5'10 who was thinking about changing his shield tried mine last year and thought it was the perfect size for him.
Let me know if you want it.

A couple of questions: Is it clear. Does it have the recurve top. How much do you want for it. Thanks. I live close to you.

F4 Customs
06-16-2016, 05:00 AM
High Optics Polycarbonate, Sheds Rain, Cleans with paper towels and any glass cleaner and his Highly Scratch Resistant even with steel wool.
Comes in 4 different heights, Clear or Tint with or without vent.

F4 Customs
06-16-2016, 05:04 AM
Glad you like it. We are here to help in anyway we can.
The F4 Team!

I finally had my 18 tinted F4 Customs shield installed today and am now in my motorcycle nirvana. I had a Clearview 16 inch shield that was too short. I am 6'1" with a tall torso and experienced too much wind and bugs hitting my face all the time so my helmet shield had to be down completely to keep the bugs out. With the new shield I can keep my helmet shield up and not experience the wind or bugs. The ride is now quiet and comfortable.

Also want to say how impressed I am with the folks at F4. There were some snafus with the dealership trying to install the shield and F4 was extremely supportive. The service manager had to take over and get it installed so F4 helped when they shouldn't have had to. Excellent support! I cannot recommend F4 enough. I ordered the 18 inch tinted shield without the vent. The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

So to the riders who have been wondering about the size of shield to get, I hope this helps.
To F4, thanks again!

Gary

Maddoggie501
06-16-2016, 12:11 PM
Just installed the 13 inch Clear Cee Bailey's windshield. It's actually 13 1/2 inches from the top of the rubber fairing gasket. I'm 5-8 using a stock seat. The shield does a great job of keeping the air off my face and over my head. I've tried it with an open face helmet without any issues. Wish I could go to the 15 inch but it would appear the top edge would be right in my vision. Have tried the 11 inch and the wind and buffeting would hit the top of the helmet.

gmorstad
06-16-2016, 06:11 PM
A couple of questions: Is it clear. Does it have the recurve top. How much do you want for it. Thanks. I live close to you.

Yes it has the recurve. Had not thought about price. Will get back to you but the price will be more than fair.

gmorstad
06-16-2016, 06:17 PM

Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?

gmorstad
06-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?

Sorry, missed part of the question. It has a light gray tint.

DaWadd
06-22-2016, 09:09 AM
So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now."coffee"

Greg O
06-22-2016, 07:44 PM
So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now."coffee"

DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.

98valk
06-22-2016, 08:20 PM
DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.

You know, every once in a while, a member of a cult escapes! :icon_laugh: