PDA

View Full Version : Currently Bikeless

PAUL463
11-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Paul from Cincy, Ohio here. I am currently without a bike (traded in my '13 FJR1300 a few months ago on a Taurus SHO). Only rode four times this year as life, work, etc got in the way. I previously owned a 2008 GW Airbag and the wife and I did the Cincy to Bar Harbor, ME and back trip. Sold it shortly after the trip as the wife said she had no desire to go on any more long trips. I've owned a Kaw Nomad, Harley Ultra, Vic Cross Country, (2) FJR's and (1) Connie 14. I'm doing my research on my next bike (Spring of '15) and have narrowed it down to the following: 1) F6B, 2)Indian Chieftain, 3) Triumph Rocket 3, or another FJR or Connie 14. Went to Sturgis in '13 on the FJR and it killed my rear end and wrists (probably more my riding style than the bike but the stock seat was horrific for me). My former GW was excellent in every regard so that is certainly my first choice but I'm keeping an open mind. Sorry for the long re-introduction and post. Any comments and/or constructive criticism is certainly welcome.

Sarge463
a.k.a. Paul Healey from Cincinnati, OH

2006 Kawasaki Nomad
2008 Harley Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary
2009 Yamaha FJR1300a
2008 Honda Goldwing Airbag (New)
2010 Kawasaki Concours 14
2012 Victory Cross Country
2013 Yamaha FJR1300

"There are wolves who prey on the sheep, and the sheepdogs who protect the flock" (Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, USA Ret.)
"I'm proud to be a sheepdog!"
Sarge463 is online now Report Post

Massimo
11-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Hello from Italy.:039::039::039::039:

FF-Ed
11-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Paul !

buy what you want, but know this, I love this bike. I've rode everything over the years & I can't wait to get my hind end on the seat every day I'm off Duty.

I wish you'd of posted this up last month, I was in Cincy for Lunch and I'd of brought it by for you to check out.

I live 2 hours east of you also on the river. I plan on NOT putting it up for winter, but riding it every day the road is dry (well, not snow covered, rain is ok)

also I've taken the LTC Grossman course... It was great

+1 Sheepdog

-Ed

edgeman55
11-19-2014, 02:04 PM
If you liked your GW then you will love the F6B.Lighter,more nimble,great power band IMHO.I have owned many rides in my 45 years of riding and this is by far the best motorcycle I have owned.Puts a big smile on my face every time I swing my leg over her.Really do not think you will get much negative feedback here as this is a F6B lovers sight.Right now the left over 13's have been selling for as low as 13K on here unless you need cruise control on the 15's the leftovers are a great deal.Ask any of us what we paid in 13 when this bike first came out and even though I paid much more I am not mad as I love the bike(have I said that enough) and plan to keep it for a couple 100 thosand miles if my old body allows me to ride that long.Good luck with your new bike choice.

bob109
11-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Penned the attached post 3 months after owner-ship! Now 19 months into owner-ship and 23K miles later, my appreciation of the 6 grows deeper with each ride.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?566-Three-Months-Into-The-F6B

IMHO opinion the only equal to the F6B is the full blown GW.

opas ride
11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
I agree with the above posts...First of all buy what you really want regardless....I also have been riding for over 50 years and owned many, many bikes over the past years..The Indian is a great bike, as is the Rocket lll, but both "pale" in comparison to the F6B..I have ridden both and am always glad to get back on my F6B..I have owned a couple Victory's and traded a Vision for my F6B..I ride on occasion with a guy on a Rocket lll, and it looks nice but does not ride or handle as well as the Honda...He has had a lot of warranty issues and is thinking about trading it on a F6B..If your wife is not interested in long trips and such, then the F6B should definitely be on your short list, with a better windshield, seat, and a few mods, it is probably the best motorcycle I have owned over the years....Good Luck and ride safe...

XKnight
11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Test ride all the bikes you're interested in and then buy the one that you like best. F6B handles better and has more power than any other bike its size (except the Triumph Rocket) and is very comfortable. The only downside is if you are a tall guy you might not like the leg positioning, but there are ways to make that better such as adding highway pegs.

Of the bikes you mentioned, I did test ride an Indian Chieftain and it was very nice, but the handling and power were not on par with the F6B. Totally different feel and riding position as well. The paint and chrome were top notch though.

Old Ryder
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM
My last 2 bikes were Vics--Kingpin and Cross Roads. Before that was just about every Harley made. The B is like nothing I have ever owned. Last March I demo-ed the Indian and I so much wanted to love that bike, but it just did not happen for me. Did it again in May at Myrtle Beach. Not a bad bike, but I just was not impressed. The B is a sport bike that thinks it is a touring bike or vice versa---but looks like a cruiser. What I am trying to say is that it does a lot of things well while being maintainence free. I hope that is not too complicated! "fireybat"

JBnAZ
11-19-2014, 09:20 PM
You've owned the FJR and C14 before - live on the edge and buy something different. I've owned multiples of several bikes so I get where you're coming from.

The Indian will not handle or perform anywhere close to the Honda. Using your previous rides as my guide I guess you like the handling of a sport tourer and to ride in a spirited manner. With that in mind, buy the Honda.

Have fun shopping and the anticipation of something new! All nice bikes......

Brian D
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Buy whatever puts a big smile on your face. But for comfort and reliability the Honda is a no brainer

Steve 0080
11-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I could pick on all your options with the exception of the 15- F6.....won't do that...good luck

+2 Sheepdog

bobbyf6b
11-19-2014, 11:08 PM
You can't go wrong with the 2015 F6B since it now comes with cruise control. That's probably been the number one complaint since it came out.