PDA

View Full Version : New Engalnd F6B Gathering - Summer 2015

Kevbuckley333
11-19-2014, 02:10 PM
New England F6B Gathering Summer 2015 - this post is available as a printable document here: http://tinyurl.com/f6bsummer2015 (http://www.tinyurl.com/f6bsummer2015)

Dates - Afternoon of Thursday June 25h -> Morning of Monday June 29th. Come and go as you please.

Location - In and around beautiful Bartlett NH, the Mt Washington Valley. Based at the Brettl Hupfers Ski and Sports club. www.brettl.org (http://www.brettl.org)

Lodging options
Option 1 - The Brettl Hupfers Ski Club - Cost $20 per night, cash, check or paypal no need to prepay.

Our ski club has been in existence since the 1950s and we own a lodge that sleeps about 50 comfortably. We have dorm style rooms split into male and female sections depending on the makeup and size of our group we may switch the gender of a room or two spread us all out comfortably, but if you come with a companion of the opposite gender you will be assigned to bunks in different rooms. Single beds and bunks, bring your own Sleeping bag and/or linens

We have a full (cheap) cash bar, a large New England style fire place, two fridges, an industrial stove and a grill. Lots of indoor and outdoor room to set up tables and have the tables chairs utensils and other paraphernalia to serve 50+.

You can see more of our club in the link under the dates section.

Option 2 - Lots of local hotels.
The Attitash Grand summit is very nice and a bit pricey but very close by.
http://www.attitash.com/grand-summit-hotel.html

The better life cabins are walking distance away and not to expensive if you would like to have more privacy than our club would provide.
http://www.abetterlifecabinsandcampground.com/

Other great options around as well, this should be a relatively inexpensive time of year before the summer rush but booking early will help you secure the best price possible if you would like to stay at a nearby establishment.

Check out tripadvisor for more options: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g46020-Bartlett_New_Hampshire-Hotels.html

Meals
I will arrange some meal options - completely up to you if you would like to take part. You are welcome to share in the club cooking resources if you would like to do your own thing. Only rule - if you cook with it or eat with it you clean it...

I will be asking for prepayment about 2 weeks out if you want to have one of the ski house meals so that I can get everything pre ordered for us - more details to follow.
There will be group meals at the ski house on Friday Night and Sunday Night.
Friday - Pizza Dinner including salad, dessert, and a beer/soda
Sunday - Catered Dinner TBA, Including main course, sides, dessert and a beer/soda.
Cost for each dinner - $20

Saturday Night - Dinner at Cabin Fever Restaurant, walking distance from our club.
http://cabinfeverrestaurant.com/

For Breakfasts we have a great deli close by to the house, highly recommended:
http://www.bartsdeliandgeneralstore.com/

Sunday (depending on weather) I hope to bring the group to a buffet breakfast on the way to Mt. Washington. A great local establishment.
http://redfoxbarandgrille.com/famous-breakfast-buffet/

Lunches will be on the road.

Rides
Weather dependent I am hoping to lead three rides.

1. Kancamagus Highway, Hanover NH, Laconia and Lake Winnipesaukee.

2. Three state tour - Northern NH, Vermont and Central Maine. Through Three mountain notches and along the Upper reaches of the Connecticut River.

3. Local Ride - Breakfast at the Red Fox, Ride to the top of Mt. Washington, the “NH Alps” of Hurricane Mt. Road, a stop by Whitehorse Gear through a covered bridge and to the top of Cathedral Ledge.

Ride 1 & 2 should be a morning to early evening affair. Ride 3 should start later and end a little earlier.

I am hoping to run ride 3 on Sunday to enjoy the red fox but may rearrange the order to fit the weekend, we will need a very nice day to enjoy Mt. Washington.

If you would rather do your own thing any of these days there is LOTS to do in the summer around this area. Many mountains have summer activities, great outlet shopping, beautiful hotels that are happy to have guests for a nice meal, a cog rail to the top of Mt. Washington, gondola rides, zip lines, mountain streams to swim in, GREAT hiking for all ability levels. I have been a member of our ski club for about a decade and know the area well. I will happily give advice on anything you would like to do.

Weather Predictions - Summer in NH. Lows in the 50-60s (cooler on the top of Washington) Highs in the 70s-80s, maybe low 90s. It can be rainy this time of year or it can be beautiful and we will definitely see the Maine state bird - the Mosquito but we are far enough from the winter for all the mountain roads to be reopened and attractions to be running.

Open to suggestions and revisions, give me a shout or post on the forum if you have either.

Kevbuckley333
11-19-2014, 02:13 PM
If you are planning on attending please reply to this thread so that I can have a good idea of how many we will be hosting. I will edit this post to keep track.

In attendance:
Kevbuckley333
zzh54
53driver

zzh54
11-19-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm in, if something comes up I will give as much notice as possible.
Looks like a very good time

53driver
11-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm in.
Single cot.
All meals.
Gonna be fun.
Thanks,
Steve

ReserveBum
11-20-2014, 07:46 AM
wife and I are in. probably get a room at one of the hotels you mention. thanks for setting this up!

Kawi69
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Wife and I are in. In all meals. We'll get a hotel that you mention. Thanks Steve :clap2::clap2::041::041:

53driver
11-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Wife and I are in. In all meals. We'll get a hotel that you mention. Thanks Steve :clap2::clap2::041::041:

Kawi - this is Kev's event - not mine. I just like to promote and attend events!

Darkknight
11-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Sweetie and I are planning on attending. We loved that area when we were there this fall!

ChainsawChuck
11-25-2014, 02:49 PM
My wife and I plan on attending. Looking forward to some great riding and meeting new friends. Chuck

TomG
12-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm in, I ride the white mountains often and in my opinion the best riding in the country. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone as well.
Tom

Bmacs
12-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm in as well, along with lovely wife... We'll probably get a hotel

cosborn
12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I wish, bit far from Au i'm afraid.

Could you post some pics for us?

Chris

:jerkit:

DMAGOLDRDR
12-13-2014, 07:30 AM
I was hopeful but the dates are the same as our Family Reunion in Lake George NY.
Enjoy folks....

ISLANDER1089
12-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I was planning a ride down the east coast in 2015 so this would be a great starting point for me. Add me to the list please. I will be hauling an Aspen camper so I would just want to sign up for meals.

cpt_go
12-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Wow...sounds like a great trip. The timing is so close to Americade and Laconia gonna be a busy riding month.
I'm gonna try to make it, will follow future posts on the event and let you know definitely as we get a little closer.

Cpt

Pap
12-30-2014, 08:06 PM
looks like the wife and I will be going through Bartlett when the meet is going on. I will keep checking in and get some #s to contact when we get there.

Kevbuckley333
12-31-2014, 04:57 PM
If you are planning on attending please reply to this thread so that I can have a good idea of how many we will be hosting. I will edit this post to keep track.

In attendance:
Kevbuckley333
zzh54
53driver
Darkknight
ChainsawChuck
TomG
Bmacs
ISLANDER1089

Maybe attending:
PMcpt_go
Pap

53driver
04-05-2015, 04:49 PM
We still on schedule?

Kevbuckley333
04-06-2015, 06:32 PM
I just finalized my summer work schedule and this weekend is 95% still on as planned. The only change is that I will need to be out of the house around 630am on Monday morning the 29th to get to work. I would most prefer everyone to clear out on Sunday afternoon and will run 1 catered pizza dinner and we will all go out for dinner on Saturday night, but I wont be running another catered dinner on Sunday night.

If people want to stay over at the club on Sunday night, I can host but you will need to be up and out at 600am Monday so that I can get the house buttoned up and get out by 630.

Hope to see everyone in a couple of months!

I will be posting more info on the planned rides in the next couple of weeks and finalizing meal plans for Friday in May.

53driver
04-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks Kev! Going to be fun!

Kevbuckley333
04-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am attaching pictures of the planned rides for our gathering.

Day 1 - 3 state tour through the back roads of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Day 2 - Kancamagus Highway, Hanover NH and Lake Winnipesaukee.

Day 3 - 1/2 Day around North Conway New Hampshire hopefully including a ride to the top of Washington.

The more the merrier! See detailed description earlier in the thread.

Darkknight
04-10-2015, 06:57 AM
So far we still plan to attend the MT Washington event.
We have secured a permanent campsite in Lower VT so exact plans of where we are staying and when, may change but these ride plans look fantastic! It's beautiful country up there. Can't wait. it's been a long winter here in CT and we are just now begining to shake off the road salt and start riding again.

Mufassa001
04-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info!!

christian52
04-10-2015, 08:36 AM
i live on the nh seacoast and ill be attending 1 of the rides....probably the north country route to colebrook......have you considered a small detour to moose alley?

ISLANDER1089
04-10-2015, 08:57 AM
I pull an Aspen camper trailer behind my bike. Is there an area I could set it up at the club?

Kevbuckley333
04-10-2015, 10:17 AM
There is plenty of room at the club to set up a camper in the dirt parking lot or next to the house on the grass. I will check with the powers that be at our house but I suspect we will still charge the very reasonable fee of $20 a night, but you can have some privacy in your own space...

I pull an Aspen camper trailer behind my bike. Is there an area I could set it up at the club?

RickJ
04-10-2015, 01:19 PM
sounds great! Hope to be able to go. Is this pretty much Gold only? my son has a Bonneville and sometimes likes to join me- easier when we were both British iron (I also have a Triumph 04TBS 885)

Kevbuckley333
04-10-2015, 01:47 PM
I am only advertising this here but if riders have non f6b friends who they think would be comfortable riding all day feel free to bring them along as well. I have a friend in the ski club who is likely to be joining us on a Harley.

sounds great! Hope to be able to go. Is this pretty much Gold only? my son has a Bonneville and sometimes likes to join me- easier when we were both British iron (I also have a Triumph 04TBS 885)

53driver
05-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Kevin,
I regret that I will have to take my name out of the ride.
I'm moving to Florida and that is THE week the movers are coming.
The little Mrs is VERY understanding with regards to my riding all over the place, but this one ain't gonna fly.

My sincerest apologies and I hope y'all have a great time.
I'll regret that I lived in PA for 13 years and never rode north......

Steve

Darkknight
06-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Well, I guess sweetie and I will have to bow out of this event. All vacations have been canceled here at work. Although things may change, as of right now, we will not be able to make it. If things do change we'll get a room in the area and catch up to you guys.
We are disappointed to say the least.

lloydmoore1
06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am attaching pictures of the planned rides for our gathering.

Day 1 - 3 state tour through the back roads of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Day 2 - Kancamagus Highway, Hanover NH and Lake Winnipesaukee.

Day 3 - 1/2 Day around North Conway New Hampshire hopefully including a ride to the top of Washington.

The more the merrier! See detailed description earlier in the thread.

What days are the other rides? I see the one is for Sunday. I'm just trying to tee up some timings to make it there on time.
thanks
Lloyd

stroguy
06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Plenty of pics please. Should be beautiful days.

wjduke
06-01-2015, 07:34 PM
I would love to join at least part of this weekend, but....no bike as of yet. I'm losing my mind watching each riding day pass me by, but you never know.

Kevbuckley333
06-01-2015, 08:25 PM
I am sorry to announce that what I though were finalized summer work schedules have changed and I will need to be at work during the weekend I had planned to lead the new england meetup. I just found out last Friday, I hope that with three weeks notice anyone who had made reservations can cancel for a full refund. I may try to reschedule if there in interest in mid August when I am sure to be off. Sorry to cancel. I have sent PMs as well.

RickJ
06-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the effort you put into this. Sorry it can't happen. Maybe another time. You've peeked (?) (Piqued?) my interest in new Hampshire anyway...if anyone is headed to the cooperstown ny area pm me...well grab a coffee and park 2 f6s in town!

ISLANDER1089
06-02-2015, 07:45 AM
I am sorry to announce that what I though were finalized summer work schedules have changed and I will need to be at work during the weekend I had planned to lead the new england meetup. I just found out last Friday, I hope that with three weeks notice anyone who had made reservations can cancel for a full refund. I may try to reschedule if there in interest in mid August when I am sure to be off. Sorry to cancel. I have sent PMs as well.

I hate it when work gets in the way of pleasure. Thanks for the heads up. Since I had planned to incorporate the New England meet into a longer trip down to Key West I may just come anyway and run those daily tours on my own. Not sure but perhaps August might be better anyway.

wjduke
06-02-2015, 08:20 AM
August would be better for me...I should(better)be riding by then.

Kawi69
06-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear about that. It sucks to have work get in the way but August will be a better time.
Thanks Kev for trying to set up this event. See you in August:banana::headbang::banana::headbang: