PDA

View Full Version : I Got my First "What is it?"

BadDawg
11-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Well I was sitting at the grocery store gearing up to go and I notice my scoot getting the eye. Some guy pushing his shopping cart by slows down to a crawl. Then stops, leaves his full cart on the sidewalk and walks over. He was reading the F6B on the side and finally asks what is it? For the first ever I said with a since of pride and a smile, "A Goldwing" (I've had a hard time admitting that) Anyhow, that was followed by several Wows and other various compliments.

I get lots of looks and compliments on my VTX, many followed up by is it a Harley SLAP!!! But it was good to hear it for the Wing. Be right back, gotta run out the the garage and ug her one more time.

53driver
11-19-2014, 09:13 PM
With no Honda badging....I'm going with the "Harley Hybrid Prototype."
I play up the new Harley Electric bike then the BS-meter pegs out:
- People about crap themselves trying to locate the "exceptionally well-hidden" battery compartment. I point to the belly pan and the water coolant reservoir that's hiding looks kinda like batteries....
- And of course, 2 cylinders are always charging the battery and the other 4 kick in as necessary.
- That MP3 Voltmeter below the heated grip controller adds to the illusion.
- Of course, then I go into all the electronics and what order they shut down in when the battery gets low.
- I mention that the USB port is actually a charging port from an external source if necessary.
I have had 3 guys walk away, saying they were gong to their HD dealer and get more info.
Most others figure it out - especially when they read GoldWing on the dash.
Too much fun.

Random Factor
11-19-2014, 10:10 PM
I get that fairly often. With no badging, Madstad Windshield, Helibars, and the Mustang Seat, it looks even less like a Goldwing. I tell people it's a Sportwing.

Ericb445
11-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Wait till you get the "Is that a scooter or a motorcycle?" Question

XHarley
11-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Wait till you get the "Is that a scooter or a motorcycle?" Question

last week I had a guy in a late model high end Lexus pull up next to me at a red light, roll down his window, and ask, is that an automatic. Told him no, standard goldwing 1800 with some bodywork modifications. He smiled and said thanks and rolled up his window and drove away. I think he thought that it was one of the 2013 Silverwings with an automatic. So I guess it was "is that a scooter" question.

Jimmytee
11-20-2014, 06:18 AM
I've gotten plenty of curious questions about the F6B. Some are reluctant to believe it's a Gold Wing.:shhh:

I don't quite understand removing the badging.:shrug: I know I've read that some say because it helps to clean it. To me it seems that maybe some are ashamed their on a Honda.:icon_doh: I'm proud of the badging. Been riding Hondas since I was 6.."coffee"

DaWadd
11-20-2014, 08:34 AM
I've had a few ask what it is but generally most know it is a Goldwing just by the body style. I had one older gent on a Goldwing trike say he did not like it and I replied I thought his trike looked like a POS. :icon_evil:

Texas TC
11-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Got the scooter question several times when I first got the F6B. Not so much lately. It really surprised me the first time. I have never seen a scooter this big! Later when asked the scooter question I just replied "yep, with a six cylinder engine".

kjelders
11-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Right after I bought mine in July 2013, I pulled in to the Harley Dealership where I was a regular when I had my Ultra. 3 guys came over and one ask me "what is it". I told him it was the new 2014 water cool Harley everyone was reading about. This of course, with all my OEM Honda badges still on the bike.

Just two weeks ago, I was at the Harley dealership again. 5 of the employees came out to look at my bike. Ask me to start it up and show them all the goodies. I'm guessing they won't get a Christmas bonus this year from the boss! :icon_mrgreen:

XKnight
11-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I debdaged my Honda logos and constantly get folks asking me what bike I'm riding. Many times I'll park somewhere and see folks coming up and looking at the bike in wonderment. I just tell them it's a Honda F6B and most of them say "wow" or "cool". Most still have no idea what I'm talking about.:icon_lol:

BadDawg
11-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I've debadged all my recent bikes when I can. I think it looks cleaner, it is easier to clean and it is my bike. If Honda wants me to be a mobile billboard they should send me a check once a month. However, I haven't done the F6B yet. I'm a little gun shy after hearing all the paint horror stories. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend.

F6B1911
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I've debadged all my recent bikes when I can. I think it looks cleaner, it is easier to clean and it is my bike. If Honda wants me to be a mobile billboard they should send me a check once a month. However, I haven't done the F6B yet. I'm a little gun shy after hearing all the paint horror stories. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend.

All you need is your wife's hair dryer and some dental floss. Then follow up with fine rubbing compound and a coat of wax.

XKnight
11-20-2014, 03:38 PM
All you need is your wife's hair dryer and some dental floss. Then follow up with fine rubbing compound and a coat of wax.

Only use rubbing compound if you want to actually remove some paint. I used Googone to remove the sticky residue off the paint and then just cleaned and polished with liquid glass.

mikey
11-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Right after I bought mine in July 2013, I pulled in to the Harley Dealership where I was a regular when I had my Ultra. 3 guys came over and one ask me "what is it". I told him it was the new 2014 water cool Harley everyone was reading about. This of course, with all my OEM Honda badges still on the bike.

Just two weeks ago, I was at the Harley dealership again. 5 of the employees came out to look at my bike. Ask me to start it up and show them all the goodies. I'm guessing they won't get a Christmas bonus this year from the boss! :icon_mrgreen:

how dare you corrupt the sheep ! that's some funny s#1t. actually, the Harley bunch is thrilled to see something new and different, or at least it seems that way at the local dealer in Cartersville, ga. I just wonder if only one employee would ever come look [ you know there bad to run in packs] :stirthepot: