PDA

View Full Version : I am DYING here and the weatherman just don't care!!!!!!

Old Ryder
11-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Got the the B home last Wednesday night in the dark. Woke up Thursday sick with the flu just in time for the record breaking cold. Was gone the weekend and Monday after work, I was able to ride to the store to fill up the tank----8 more miles total-- waiting between storms of course and then Tuesday it was back to record breaking cold and out sick yesterday and today--- AGAIN! So as the weather gets better this weekend, I leave at noon tomorrow for Florida and will be gone the whole week while my new B sits in the garage calling me over and over all day long while I take drugs and blow my nose and cough uncontrolably. Between the flu and record cold temps, I have this machine begging me just to crank it up and listen to the engine and I CAN'T DO NUTTIN!!!!

I did not factor in the frustration of getting this thing just before winter. It is killing me!!!! :banghead:

bob109
11-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Had a baume 24 degrees, with heavy frost, here in North Central Florida this a.m. Starting to warm a tad with the temp currently at 42. Guess the 6 will stay in the trailer until the temps recover:icon_biggrin:

carpdm
11-20-2014, 09:36 AM
I woke up to 6 degrees. High for today is forecasted at 14, then down to -2 tonight. My riding is on hold until April. Hope this makes you feel better...though probably not.

six2go
11-20-2014, 10:27 AM
I put my "6" into storage about 2 weeks ago; oil & filter change, full tank of stabilized fuel, fresh wash & wax, Battery Tender hooked up, pushed to the back of the garage & covered. Probably not to be seen until the middle of March.

MidKnight
11-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Things are tough all over; it's only going up to 78 degrees this Saturday here in Tampa Bay.
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Old Ryder
11-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Things are tough all over; it's only going up to 78 degrees this Saturday here in Tampa Bay.
:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Yea I know! I will be in Palm Bay all next week with the warm Fla temps--- but NOT with the B. Even suppose to warm up here---but I will be there--------again, without the B

Grrrrrrrrrr :banghead::banghead:

bigbird
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Starting to warm a tad with the temp currently at 42. Guess the 6 will stay in the trailer until the temps recover:icon_biggrin:

I'd give my left nut to be able to ride at 42 F right about now.

Old Ryder
11-20-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd give my left nut to be able to ride at 42 F right about now.

Do birds have nuts? :shrug: I knew they all had beeks but not nuts. And a wood pecker obviously has a pec_ _ _ ...............nevermind

F6B1911
11-20-2014, 03:26 PM
It was 13 degrees this morning on my very slow ride to work, snowing and slippery.
But Hey, it's already 20-degrees now, and the roads are clear.

tinknocker
11-20-2014, 07:34 PM
I can feel your pain.I bought mine last weekend got it home in the garage and there she sits since it's 20-30 degrees here.looks like Saturday might be the day.:icon_mrgreen:

Limoles
11-21-2014, 01:17 AM
I ride ALL year around . The only one requirement - MUST BE DRY !

Steve 0080
11-21-2014, 07:17 AM
I can feel your pain.I bought mine last weekend got it home in the garage and there she sits since it's 20-30 degrees here.looks like Saturday might be the day.:icon_mrgreen:

Time to get a trailer and come on down!!!!

shooter
11-21-2014, 07:45 AM
I think we should bring sanctions against the Florida boys. They shouldn't be allowed to post again till April.

bobbyf6b
11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I put my "6" into storage about 2 weeks ago; oil & filter change, full tank of stabilized fuel, fresh wash & wax, Battery Tender hooked up, pushed to the back of the garage & covered. Probably not to be seen until the middle of March.

This makes me sad but I guess you're used to it. You can live vicariously through us southerners.

:icon_cool:

six2go
11-21-2014, 10:05 AM
This makes me sad but I guess you're used to it. You can live vicariously through us southerners.

:icon_cool:

Many tears ago it used to bother me to put my bikes into Winter storage, but I've been riding for 56 years and it just doesn't have the urgency that it did when I was 20..............or 40. As you said; I'm used to it and have other interests other than motorcycles. Right now we're remodeling the kitchen.

bigbird
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Many tears ago it used to bother me to put my bikes into Winter storage, but I've been riding for 56 years and it just doesn't have the urgency that it did when I was 20..............or 40. As you said; I'm used to it and have other interests other than motorcycles. Right now we're remodeling the kitchen.

I'm the opposite.
Before my F6B I was indifferent about winterizing my bikes for up to 5 months.
This year I'm wandering around like a lost puppy, moping in the garage, even with many other interests besides motorcycles.
It must be because this is the best bike I've ever owned, gives me the most pleasure riding, and the one that begs to be ridden as much as possible.

Old Ryder
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
I ride year round for the most part, but it ain't as much fun when it is cold. Heat I can deal with, but cold is not fun at all.

I bought the bike for fun, and you know what they say about fun--- When the fun ain't fun, it just ain't fun, anymore. :nono: