PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day winter wins

JackB
11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Well I finally trow in the white towel Mother Nature wins. My last ride was three weeks ago. It was gotten cold and a little snow and salted streets. So on Saturday I went for a 4 mile ride it was a damp 40 degree day in Wisconsin.So I dropped the oil and filter, cleaned her up then parker her in the garage and covered her up. It's always a sad day when you know that the bike will not move for along time. .:icon_frown: :banghead: :icon_frown:

Cheesyryder
11-23-2014, 08:19 PM
2 weeks ago for me!! Missing the F6'er!! Planning a couple of trips. Is it to early to talk about a Wisconsin F6'er Meet for next summer??
Todd

db24
11-23-2014, 09:18 PM
My goal is to take at least one ride each month throughout the winter. A "ride" is at least 100 miles; usually I need, give or take, a 40 degree day to want to do it. My bike is parked ready to go with just the cover and the battery tender to be removed before I head out. I failed last winter, but don't most years. I'm hoping I never see another winter like the last.

Ridlikhel
11-23-2014, 09:30 PM
I have never not ridden my bikes 12 months a year. 34 years in Texas, now in Tennessee. I hope not to change my ways. :icon_mrgreen:

JackB
11-23-2014, 09:44 PM
My goal is to take at least one ride each month throughout the winter. A "ride" is at least 100 miles; usually I need, give or take, a 40 degree day to want to do it. My bike is parked ready to go with just the cover and the battery tender to be removed before I head out. I failed last winter, but don't most years. I'm hoping I never see another winter like the last.

I did that once back around 1999 or so. I rode every month not for 100 miles maybe 10 or 20 miles. In the spring my wheels were all pitted. So wash that bike when your done riding.

Steve 0080
11-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Start planning for Speed Week in Daytona in March !!!!! Last year we rode to the Keys....