PDA

View Full Version : first real road test

tinknocker
11-24-2014, 08:23 PM
FINALLY! I was able to take my new"faster than red whiplash black" 6 on a ride. Only got 20 miles in after work with some wicked wind up here. My first impression is holey cow why did I keep my Harley so long. The power is crotch rocket like, the smoothness has to be unparalleled. WOW I can't wait till spring. I will be riding solo for a while before taking a passenger just so I can get used to a different bike. I believe I made the right choice in bikes but many of you sound like you agree with that already. 'all/right':041::clap2::cheers:

JackB
11-24-2014, 09:04 PM
FINALLY! I was able to take my new"faster than red whiplash black" 6 on a ride. Only got 20 miles in after work with some wicked wind up here. My first impression is holey cow why did I keep my Harley so long. The power is crotch rocket like, the smoothness has to be unparalleled. WOW I can't wait till spring. I will be riding solo for a while before taking a passenger just so I can get used to a different bike. I believe I made the right choice in bikes but many of you sound like you agree with that already. 'all/right':041::clap2::cheers:

Yea you can't beat the Flat 6. It will put a smile on your face on every ride. :clap2:

Steve 0080
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Night and day difference between and H.D. and the F6 !!!! One is not better than the other ...just different!

Cheesyryder
11-24-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm not looking back!!

tinknocker
11-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Definitely 2 different machines and I do still love Harleys. I will never regret owning my Harley I really liked that bike but the comfort and performance of the 6 are night and day better although you are taking 19 yrs newer and FI instead of carb.I'm not looking back either.

shooter
11-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Night and day difference between and H.D. and the F6 !!!! One is not better than the other ...just different!

Boy you're getting diplomatic in your later years. C'mon Steve!:stirthepot:

53driver
11-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Boy you're getting diplomatic in your later years. C'mon Steve!:stirthepot:

I got one of each. Yes they are different. Neither is "better." Each has a mission and purpose.
Can a screwdriver be "better" than a socket wrench? Different tools for different jobs.

Define any job specifically enough and one tool will rise as the "better" of all the options.
Keep it more generic - while selling the wife on the concept - and enjoy both worlds as desired.
Cheers,
Steve

Massimo
11-25-2014, 04:56 AM
20 years of Harley. I did not think to change. Then one day I did. I do not regret.

XKnight
11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I rode Harleys for over a decade and wonder why I waited so long to make the switch back to Honda. These bikes are so different from each other that comparisons aren't really fair. All I will say is that my Harleys had really nice and shiny chrome and paint.